Posting History for john07801
|Uh-oh. Christie's Buddy to Plead Guilty in Bridge-Gate
The New York Times reports that David Wildstein, Chris Christie's high-school buddy and political appointee, is scheduled to plead guilty to ordering the closing of three lanes on to the George ...
|Petition for Leelah Alcorn
There have been a number of tributes following the horrific suicide of transgender teen, Leelah Alcorn. Today on The NewsHour, it was reported that Leelah's parents pulled her out of school to ...
|Yelp ordered to reveal anonymous reviewers
Yelp has played fast and loose since its inception. They've allowed an ungoverned, unanswering, anonymous group of vigilantes to trash commercial entities and retail businesses without ...
I saw this comment in the San Francisco Chronicle this morning and loved it. I went to work, came home and loved it more. Some great points are made here and I wish I could take some credit. The ...
|I Outed My Gay Son (redux)
I wrote this in 2011 when I was celebrating the successes of my adopted Mexican son. He continues to grow and flourish and succeed much to his father's great pride and enjoyment. And I thought I’...
|Just Because He's Black
I received this e-mail from a trusted friend (former state Supreme Court executive) and unsuccessfully tried to identify the author. No matter. It really stands on its own for its sentiment. I ...
|Want a feel-good story? Visit Caine's Arcade
Caine Monroy is a 9-year old whose father owns a junk yard/used auto parts store in East Los Angeles. Last summer, Caine constructed a "cardboard arcade" in his father's store. He worked ...
|LGBT Kos: I Outed my Gay Son
Well, sorta… I moved to Mexico a dozen years ago and immediately placed an online ad seeking a bilingual roommate. I knew little about local Mexican culture, equally little about the city of ...
|$15 for your favorite school
Call the diary police. I'm about to commit a less-than-3-substantive-paragraphs diary infraction. But I can't find anywhere else to post this and a deadline looms for a worthy cause...
|Bait and Switch
Anyone who thought Republicans were going to go quietly in the face of reconciliation really hasn’t been paying attention to the national political debate. And that’s none of us, right?
Little did I think this would be a diary but it’s just so ludicrous, so far beyond comprehension, I just have to post it.
|Dead Man Talking
This article caught my eye this morning and reminded me of what was semi-headline news only a decade ago. Although I don't think former House Speaker Newt Gingrich is a real threat,
|"Historic" Landslide Predicted in California
First, GOTV! Let's not confuse our celebration with complacency. That being said...
|Warm your heart in San Francisco
I was in San Francisco today, guiding a friend’s two young, teen-age sons on a mini-tour. After the Red Bull Soapbox Race at Dolores Park, Tom, the younger, wanted to go to Chinatown. We ...
|Planned Parenthood Sent Me
This is the perfect out for a short diary. I just received the enclosed link to a YouTube video created by Planned Parenthood. They requested that I forward it to 5 friends. I thought, why not 165,
|The Cocktail Party
There’s this couple in the neighborhood. They’re very nice and everyone likes them. Their house is well-maintained and their yard is very neat. They are both professionals and are ...
|Tomorrow! Real ID Town Hall Meeting/Webcast
This critically important threat to privacy has been previously diaried here ...
|Real ID – Updated
More states are joining the Real ID revolt. This past week, Montana and North Dakota joined Washington, Arkansas, Idaho and Maine in rejecting Bush’s federal government in pursuing and ...
The war is heating up in the Real ID controversy. Four states (Maine, Idaho, Arkansas and Washington) have already voted to reject the implementation in their states. ...
|"D" is for Democrat and Defeat
This is something I’ve been anticipating. Today’s San Francisco Chronicle features an ...
|Coulter Cancellers - We thank you
This is a list of the newspapers (thus far) who have banished Ann Coulter from their pages. I know we're hoping for a clean sweep but I felt it a good idea to acknowledge those who have taken this ...
I thought Bush got my e-mail: There is no partial occupation. There is "stay the course" and there is "cut and run." Take your pick. One is finite. Escalate your ass off but, eventually, you ...
The New York Times reports today that the Minutemen’s poster boy, Roger Barnett, an Arizona rancher and retired ...
|Allies: Bush More Dangerous Than Kim Jong-il||john07801||11/03/2006||4||4||-||-|
|Letter to a Diehard Neocon||john07801||11/02/2006||3||1||-||1|
|Republicans will oust Ney for illegalities - What a concept!||john07801||10/13/2006||5||-||-||1|
|More PT911 Rebuke! One Diary-Three Convenient Petitions!||john07801||09/08/2006||11||2||-||5|
|The Compleat George W. Bush||john07801||07/30/2006||26||5||-||-|
|The George Bush I know||john07801||07/19/2006||11||12||-||-|
|Abramoff, Reed Sued by Defrauded Indian Tribe||john07801||07/13/2006||14||14||-||4|
|Garrison Keillor on Ralph Reed, the Hypocrite. No surprise, here.||john07801||07/08/2006||6||4||-||-|
|Yikes! YKos schedule on Air America||john07801||06/06/2006||1||3||-||-|
|Christianity - a reminiscence||john07801||05/10/2006||11||6||1||7|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by john07801
- The healthcare wonks putting the Affordable Care Act together back in 2009-10 had a lot of ideas about a lot of small, varied projects that could reduce healthcare spending. They tried one of them�10 comments 32 Recs
- Obamacare is such a failure, it can't even kill the jobs Republicans said it would!81 comments 160 Recs
- New hashtag promoted by the Baltimore Police Union What in the world? After six Baltimore police officers were arrested on felony charges in ...126 comments 126 Recs
- Kimberley Strassel What's responsible for Baltimore's problems? Republicans need answers other than "massive economic inequality, racism, and police violence," and when Republicans need answers but ...49 comments 41 Recs
- Officer Justin Craven after being charged with misconduct in the shooting death of Ernest Satterwhite On April 7, two white police officers in South Carolina were arrested for shooting and ...133 comments 228 Recs
- In Paraguay, a 10 year old girl was being raped by her step-father. Her mother reported the abuse to authorities but was ignored. The child's stomach began to swell and the mother, thinking ...25 comments 51 Recs
- House Speaker John Boehner visited the National September ...37 comments 44 Recs
- Last Sunday, Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council was on Face The Nation to discuss marriage equality. Prior to beginning the discussion/interview, Bob Scheiffer mentioned that CBS had ...57 comments 61 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.