Below you'll find recent contributions related to judith2007's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Race, Class and Neglect
|A brief but powerful video from Jeremy Scahill
I thank MsSpentyouth for the Facebook post that made me aware of it. As far as i could tell it had not yet been shared here. Watch and then respond in the comments. Follow this link to the ...
|Another update on Felicity
Our now three-legged cat came home just before Noon yesterday. We have her in a downstairs room. After several times when she hid behind bookcases where we could not reach her, I emptied the ...
|"Freddie Gray Never Had a Chance"
| Must-read from Ta-Nehisi Coates on Baltimore
When nonviolence is preached as an attempt to evade the repercussions of political brutality, it betrays itself. When nonviolence begins halfway through the war with the aggressor calling time out, ...
|Some context to recent events in Baltimore
If you want some context to the recent events in Baltimore, read the piece linked below. Let me note as one who has taught just outside Baltimore for the past two years (first in Glen Burnie and ...
|an update on Felicity
Yesterday, in this posting , I explained about our youngest (at 12 years 7 months) rescued cat, her cancer, and her forthcoming leg amputation because of a tumor that encircled the leg. She had to ...
|Sometimes what matters can change in an instant
and all your previously decided priorities get tossed out. Earlier this month my wife discovered a growth on the right rear leg of one of our three remaining rescued cats, Felicity, the shyest. She ...
|A sports-team executive who gets it right
is John Angelos, COO of the Baltimore Orioles, outside whose stadium a protest about the killing of Freddie Gray got out of hand. The words came about as part of a twitter exchange after a comment ...
|‘Lynch Mob’: Misuse of Language
is the title of this powerful New York Times column by Charles M. Blow . He is reacting in particular to the inflammatory statement by the head of the Baltimore Police Union to the demonstrations ...
Recommended by judith2007
- Eating healthy and focusing on nutrition can be difficult in urban American for one simple reason: access. I have long lamented that without better access to grocery stores in the downtown ...73 comments 29 Recs
- Yesterday I posted a diary that got nearly no attention. And that's fine, usually. I've got no ego problems with a diary falling off the page with 13 comments. But this time it's not about me. It's ...206 comments 546 Recs
- Yesterday the Fridays news dump brought some BIG news! For a long time now, factory dairy farms have been able to pass themselves off as "organic" through a loophole in the organic standards. The ...333 comments 444 Recs
- Keith Olbermann chooses the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs as the WORST PERSONS IN THE WORLD segment tonight for their non-response to the disasters in South Dakota.233 comments 372 Recs
- Thank you Mr. Olbermann, just thank you.138 comments 306 Recs
- I've just received a draft of the Copenhagen agreement on agriculture from a friend who is there. This is the first I've seen of it, and I've been scouring the internets and bugging a few friends ...18 comments 42 Recs
- I have to admit, I'm very frustrated. I'm frustrated because we have an easy, totally possible solution in sight for reducing emissions and sequestering carbon via agriculture, and it doesn't look ...323 comments 170 Recs
- CHRONIC TONIC posts on Thursdays at 9 EST, it is a place to share stories, advice, and information and to connect with others with chronic health conditions and those who care for them. ...127 comments 41 Recs
- If you're gonna vote in the poll, please read the quote in the body of the diary, it's worth it. Let's get this straight: I believe in Global Warming, ok? I also believe that ...236 comments 15 Recs
- The New York Times published a heartbreaking story last weekend about a young woman who was left paralyzed by a ...17 comments 27 Recs
- No current results.