Posting History for junta0201
|Today Costa Rica ratified free trade. What has free trade wrought for Canada and the US?
x-posted at [Progressive Bloggers http://www.progressivebloggers.ca/blog/diary.php?cmd=view&id=2086], [A Creative Revolution http://www.acreativerevolution.ca/node/321], and DailyKos. ...
|NAFTA strikes again: island edition.
What happens when an island Premier tries to get a small pittance of what he's owed from his own land?
|Stephen Harper slams Democratic Congress: "isolationist" (Canadian leader; upcoming election news)
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper speaks to the Council on Foreign Relations (yes, *that* group) today, and he hammers the Democratic Congress on an issue they have surprisingly found their ...
|Death of a soldier shows Bush 'supporting the troops'
I read about the death of another US soldier on the web today, the same day that Bush crows about supporting the troops and Petraeus reports to Congress. It shocked me just how base these ...
|Fair Warning: Dems to immunize the telecoms in NSA wiretapping cases?
Here's an interesting article I just saw on AP: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0,,-6888632,00.html Bush Seeks Legal Immunity for Telecoms Friday August 31, 2007 7:01 PM By ...
|Nation-wide protests planned against SPP; arrests taking place already
The secretive Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) talks in Montebello, Quebec on August 20 are already getting animosity from organizing protesters. US president George W. Bush, Mexican ...
|So how many more innocent people does the CIA have to torture?
Previously classified documents from the case of Maher Arar have just been released, over the objections of the Canadian government. Arar was the victim of CIA extraordinary rendition and torture ...
|North American Union--I mean SPP--meeting in Canada powergrab? Includes 15 Mile protester block
Canadian protesters to the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) in Quebec, Canada, have been cordoned off 25 kilometers/15 miles away from the SPP meeting place. The Service and Prosperity ...
|In the wake of SiCKO, Canadian health care under attack
I knew this day would come. After being glowingly portrayed in SiCKO, health care insurers and the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), composed of doctors NOT nurses, are attacking Canadian health ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by junta0201
- Most 2008 college graduates have not found a job -- any job -- that requires a college degree in the one year since they left their higher education.327 comments 122 Recs
- Most states in the union are grappling with tightening finances in the current economy. But thanks to the antitax extremism that gripped California,732 comments 297 Recs
- Canadian hippie pinko socialist here....Just wanted to outline one of the major life events in Canada's single payer universal healthcare system for comparison purposes. My littlest child, my ...496 comments 386 Recs
- I suppose there can be legitimate differences of opinion on interpreting the rights enumerated in the Constitution. After all, if there was no need for interpretation of the Constitution, then ...553 comments 410 Recs
- Monday, the WSJ posted a pretty significant article in its opinion pages by Steven Gjerstad and Vernon Smith (...195 comments 428 Recs
- I was just alerted to this on the Web site of Der Spiegel , but evidently President Hamid Karzai of Afghanistan has signed ...41 comments 23 Recs
- I keep running into comments that explicitly or implicitly call for yet more concessions from the UAW. Some here honestly seem to think that the UAW is taking advantage of Obama because they think ...720 comments 431 Recs
- Apparently contracts and sacrifice from the people receiving taxpayer money are only off limits when it applies to Wall Street. I have no clue if Wagoner was good or bad or should have or shouldn'1414 comments 418 Recs
- Make it this one . Increasingly over the past several weeks, my favorite blog has become Baseline ...288 comments 504 Recs
- Challenging head-on the powerful private insurance and pharmaceutical industries, Vermont's Sen. Bernie Sanders introduced a single-payer health reform bill, ...557 comments 805 Recs
- No current results.