|Barriers and Bridges
Created to facilitate conversations about race and racism. We invite people to share their personal experiences and perspectives. We will also be providing links to interesting articles and teaching tools. We plan to republish relevant posts from other groups and writers at Daily Kos.
|Black Kos community
Black Kos community group. This group publishes diaries that cover a broad range of topics including black history, the arts, politics, and the culture of peoples of African descent worldwide.
|Daily Kos Oregon
A community blog for Beaver State politics. Have something to say? We are open to all. Just click 'MESSAGES' to ask to be granted the ability to post here.
|Electronic America: Progressives Film, music & Arts Group
With the Electronic America group, you'll never miss another great episode of Jon Stewart, Colbert, Rachael Maddow, Tavis Smilely or Bill Maher ever again because our diarists will tell you about them on all progressive film makers. You'll get the latest in Michael Moore diaries, film music and Arts reviews. Our progressive diaries will tell you all this and much more. Our group also supports reviews from NPR radio, the PBS newsroom Dkos TV /Radio and progressives making a difference in virtual...
|Haiti Book Diary
Haiti Book Diary
Poems from the Left: Welcome to the Daily Kos community political poetry club. Drop by and speak your mind in rhyme or blank verse. Let'ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂs use language to scream our passion to the world. Bongos, berets and turtle neck sweaters are optional. The keypad is mightier than the sword.
LatinoKos is a community for the discussion of Latino politics, history, and cultures here in the US, in Latin America and the Caribbean. There is no "singular" Latino/a community in the US. Latinos/Hispanics who are the nation's largest minority group, will according to census projections make up 29% of the U.S. population in 2050. As Democrats we need to focus more attention on these communities and the issues that affect them.
|Moose On The Loose
Moose On The Loose is a Group formed to share both diaries and recommendations by Moose and Friends of the Moose. A place to display and share diaries on dKos. Sort of like Mom's refrigerator for Moose and Friends. The views presented will be as varied as the members of the group and no single view should be attributed to the group as a whole.
Kos Community Talk Radio. Of, By and For the Progressive Wing of the Blogosphere.
Protest and topical music including comedy. We're interested in the history of protest music, for instance labor songs, civil rights songs, anti war songs. We also feature contemporary protest music and we particularly want to hear your protest songs.
This is an open group. Please join and post your diaries. If you want to help manage the group message me and I'll make you a BlogEditor.
Of course Protest Music is on topic. But it doesn't have to be both. Protest or Music. Prote...
Discussion of nonpolitical criminal trials* and media coverage, including effects of the internet, Twitter and 24 hour news cycle on change of venue and jury pools. Books and films on criminal trials also. Sorry, but Nancy Grace is not invited. ;) *Not for "war crimes" or rox v. sux, please.
Recommended by justiceputnam
- The UK goes to the polls on Thursday to decide who their representatives in parliament will be. It's a tough election, with no party slated in the polls to take an overall majority. I'll be ...10 comments 10 Recs
- A daily series, Connect! Unite! Act! seeks to create face-to-face networks in each congressional district. Groups ...121 comments 48 Recs
- The large scale universe projected onto a two-dimensional boundary There is an active field of research in cosmology and physics seeking to explain the cosmos in terms of a radical idea: we live ...115 comments 91 Recs
- We're pleased to announce that we're the only show embedded with the troops for the federal invasion of Texas! Remember the à la mode! Listen LIVE at 9:00 ET, here: Click this Link to Listen ...0 comments 5 Recs
- Langston Hughes' poem, " Harlem " has been floating around in my head, as I watch footage from Baltimore. What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun? Or fester like ...188 comments 167 Recs
- No snarky comment here. Not for this image. 'Why?' It's the most useful one word sentence in the English language. It's how we begin the search for causes, for understanding, for truth. We have to ...120 comments 150 Recs
- The Baltimore Sun made the following claim about the riots on Monday: The incident stemmed from a flier that circulated widely among city school students via social media about a “purge” to ...102 comments 164 Recs
- Given that the Apocalypse is ...87 comments 71 Recs
- A daily series, Connect! Unite! Act! seeks to create face-to-face networks in each congressional district. Groups ...135 comments 58 Recs
- Geert Wilders, heads the far-right Party for Freedom (PVV) in The Netherlands At the invitation of Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas), and Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa), one of the most divisive bigots in ...65 comments 120 Recs
- No current results.