Posting History for kainah
|PROJECT CENSORED: Kent State & the Intl Criminal Court
photo/John A. Darnell Jr. from the Kent State University Library Archives For me, truth has always been hard to come by when it comes to Kent State. But the photo above, in my world, ...
|PROJECT CENSORED: Kent State: Violence and Cover Ups
Monday morning, I woke up to the news that a student at the University of Southern Alabama had been shot and killed by the campus police. The details of the shooting are about as far from the events ...
|PROJECT CENSORED Kent State: Not One More Protester Death
In early January 1979, I sat in a Cleveland federal courtroom and listened to Judge William Thomas read a prepared statement agreed to by both the plaintiffs and defendants that brought the civil ...
|PROJECT CENSORED: Kent State: Murder or Civil Rights Violation
Welcome, friends, to the latest installment in our ongoing series exploring and exposing the mysteries, intrigues and investigations into the trauma that is the 1970 Kent State killings. As many of ...
|Kent State's 40th Anniversary (2010)
So many years have passed since the Ohio National Guard ended the lives of Allison Krause, Jeff Miller, Bill Schroeder and Sandy Scheuer and wounded nine others. Forty-two years... Such a very long ...
|Obama Justice Dept: No Justice for Kent State
The Justice Department has declined to reopen the investigation into the shootings at Kent State University on May 4, 1970, despite a new analysis recently completely of an enhanced copy of the only ...
|New Evidence in Kent State Shootings
On May 4, 1970, communications student Terry Strubbe set the microphone of his reel-to-reel tape recorder on the windowsill of his dorm room overlooking Blanket Hill and turned on the recorder ...
|The Truth About Kent State
On May 4, 1970, headlines across the country blared the news: Four students killed at Kent State University Some carried a sub-heading: Ohio National Guard ...
|"They Just Started Shooting" Kent State Remembered
For those of us who were in college in the late 60s and early 70s -- and, as I learned so well a few years ago -- for many who were not, the early days of May bring back memories of a time before ...
|WY Senate: Could Dems Pull a Surprise?
Many of you might have met Nick Carter at Netroots Nation in Austin. I wasn't there but I understand Nick represented our state well. In August, he ...
|Wyoming Awash in Candidates
Wyoming rarely gets any attention from the presidential candidates. As everyone knows, we're pure red, a caucus state, and too small to matter anyway. In the last seven years, we've had several fun ...
|Dems Crawling Out of the Woodwork in WY
So I went down to the County Clerk's office today to change my registration from I to D so that I can caucus for Obama on ...
|Wyoming Caucusers! Register by Friday
The Wyoming Democratic Caucuses will be held on Saturday, March 8. But only registered Dems can participate and you must be registered as a Democrat by this Friday, February ...
|STORYTIME PRESENTS: Missing Pieces
kainah has graciously offered to post a story tonight after a very long STORYTIME hiatus. Hopefully, many of the great original crowd will find us and some of the nearly 17,000 ...
|IGTNT: My Iraq 'Wall'
When the war in Iraq started, I decided to keep the names of all the Americans who died in this ill-begotten, pre-emptive war on a poster board for our peace group. In the beginning, silly me ...
|STORYTIME PRESENTS: Kent State & Open Wounds
A major portion of storytelling is passing on history's facts and lessons. In that vein, I am very happy to welcome, *kainah*, again tonight for her perceptive insights into this moment ...
|STORYTIME PRESENTS: In Freedom Summer's Footsteps
Tonight, *STORYTIME PRESENTS* is the final installment of *kainah's* _Civil Rights Pilgrimage_. The first two parts were great examples of storytelling while teaching some very ...
|STORYTIME PRESENTS: Journey to Selma
Tonight, *STORYTIME PRESENTS* continues its journey down the road with *kainah*, to Selma, Alabama, detailing the events that happened there so many years ago. Last week's edition was ...
|STORYTIME PRESENTS: A Civil Rights Pilgrimage
Good Evening *STORYTIME* fans! Tonight I have the great pleasure of introducing a story written by *kainah* for the second outing of the new series known as *STORYTIME PRESENTS*. *...
|Citizen Recount of WY House Race
As we celebrated our victories on Election Day, a few races remained undecided. High on that list was WY-AL where Gary Trauner ...
|C-SPAN entertainment: Jerry Lewis Blasts Frist
An amazing exchange just occurred on the floor of the House of Representatives as Rep. Jerry Lewis (R-CA), outgoing chair of the appropriations committee, laid the entire fault of not having a ...
|Laramie, WY Protests Dick Cheney||kainah||11/05/2006||48||38||1||15|
|WY-AL: Trauner Gaining Steam||kainah||10/25/2006||18||21||1||27|
|WY-Gov: A Message for Wyoming's GOP||kainah||09/04/2006||12||10||-||17|
|My Return to Kent State: The Travelog||kainah||08/17/2006||103||115||1||84|
|WY-At Large Congressional Seat Thoughts||kainah||08/10/2006||9||8||-||35|
|"Blood on my Hands": Kent State Civil Trials||kainah||06/28/2006||29||42||15||336|
|Guardsmen Go on Trial: Kent State||kainah||06/12/2006||11||25||4||328|
|"Inexcusable": Investigating Kent State||kainah||06/05/2006||11||16||4||410|
|"They Should Have Shot Them All" -- Kent State Aftermath||kainah||05/24/2006||199||269||32||354|
|"They Just Started Shooting Us Down" -- Kent State||kainah||05/03/2006||305||257||31||498|
|Call Out the National Guard: May 1-3, 1970, at Kent State||kainah||04/30/2006||45||19||8||181|
|Prelude to Kent State: Nixon Invades Cambodia||kainah||04/26/2006||14||17||16||234|
|Standing Up for Peace in WY Takes Front Page!!!||kainah||04/05/2006||28||22||2||79|
|Ask your senators: Do you support the unitary executive?||kainah||01/13/2006||7||8||-||-|
|Dan & Jeff Lungren: Judiciary Committee "Nepotism"||kainah||06/14/2005||8||2||-||-|
|Is Harold E. "Hal" Eberle Connected?||kainah||02/20/2005||21||-||-||8|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by kainah
- Holiday season is upon us, and, as seems always to be the case, beloved friends are in trouble. Our own TiaRachel has fallen on hard times: her electric service has been cut off, she has no ...139 comments 214 Recs
- From the Jackson Free Press : WASHINGTON, DC – Today, Congressman Bennie G. Thompson (MS-02) released the following statement regarding President Obama’s plans to posthumously award the ...58 comments 170 Recs
- A recent diary about an open letter sent by U.S. Uncut to Democrats touched off, entirely predictably, a bitch-fest between those that think Democrats ought to work to attract voters, and those who ...282 comments 165 Recs
- Since the Midterm Elections, speculation and blame is running rampant on Social Media as well as in the traditional media. Many wonder why there was such a low voter turnout, and why Democrats ...1587 comments 504 Recs
- It doesn't matter how great your marketing campaign is. You can't sell your dog food if the dogs won't eat it. ---Old Madison Avenue proverb So here we are once more. Another electoral drubbing ...967 comments 705 Recs
- I went to bed last night utterly defeated and sad. I haven't been this depressed on election night since the 2004 fiasco. Colorado has not elected a Republican to a senatorial or governorship ...244 comments 242 Recs
- It's a devastating night for Democrats. We can talk about how great 2016 is going to be but that's hope. Tonight is reality and it is a serious slap in the face. Yes, six years into an ...7 comments 12 Recs
- It is going to be a beautiful fall day in North Carolina, a terrific day to go out and vote. Kay Hagan is up by 4 % in the last two polls (Likely Voter) and is leading by 7 with registered voters. ...45 comments 96 Recs
- This summer i bought a new bike, because I really needed to do something about my lack of physical activity. I am self-employed, and too many stressful 60-70 hour weeks sitting at my computer left ...184 comments 503 Recs
- Still angry Obama hasn't been impeached for Presidentin' Sarah Palin took to Facebook again to declare how terrible Barack Obama is and how opposed he is to moms and apple pies and the flag but ...516 comments 331 Recs
- Atheism (1706)
- Atheist (333)
- C-SPAN (319)
- Citizens United (3290)
- Civil Rights (41492)
- Class War (2478)
- Congress (39374)
- Demonstrations (362)
- Elections (50831)
- Environment (46194)
- Family History (343)
- Fitzwalkerstan (665)
- Genealogy (661)
- Happy Story (288)
- Health Care (38352)
- Health Insurance (5929)
- History for Kossacks (354)
- House Judiciary Committee (262)
- IGTNT (3061)
- John Boehner (8442)