Posting History for kamarvt
|Why they are lying so much
This is an expansion of a few comments I've made in some of the current posts about the sheer scale of the dishonesty coming out of the Republican Clown Convention in Tampa. In virtually every one, ...
|not just another pootie diary
This is a diary about empathy, not about cats. Like Watership Down was not about rabbits. Empathy is an essential component of humanity, and it is never more important than when it is exhibited by ...
|Sorry, Markos. I tried. Really I did.
Like so many of you, I had a personal email from Markos Moulitsas this morning asking me to vote for Rick Santorum. Like so many of you, I had heard of this idea since at least Operation Hilarity, ...
|whoa, did turtleman just cave on the debt limit?
Senate minority leader Mitch "Yertle" McConnell (R-The Swamp) just said the following on the Senate floor; After years of discussions and months of negotiations, I have little question ...
|Tax cuts, then and now
Those of us cursed with functional memories can recall pretty accurately the debate surrounding the various rounds of tax cuts enacted during the bush Dark Ages. Being one of those people, I have ...
|American Exceptionalism; connecting the dots to disaster
Bear with me as I wander through some disparate threads to try and make sense of the alarming disconnect between who we are as a nation, and who we think we are. It is a difficult path, fraught ...
|A beggar at my door
Amidst the growing chants of "It's Over", "It's V R Day" and all the rest of the self-affirming conventional wisdom that All Will Soon Be Clover comes this personal reality check; Yesterday, a ...
|WWBD? (What Would Bush Do?)
Lately, some people have decided to start bringing guns to presidential appearances . It can't be for hunting, so ...
|The Loser Speaks, Media Fawns
Well, whaddaya know. Old John McCain (remember him? Caribou Barbie's sidekick from last season's show) is on a tour of Afghanistan, and he'...
|Pity the Poor, Poor Rich
I came across a particularly galling piece by free marketeer Geoff Colvin on the CNN Money website this ...
|Wingnuts gone Wild in Vermont, and it's not funny
Oh. Boy. It started with Mrs kamarvt bringing home the Sunday local paper. The Easter Sunday local paper, smeared with a full page paid screed from a group calling itself "
Today's historic legislative override of Vermont governor Jim Douglas' veto of the marriage equality bill has me doing a very happy dance; married, middle-aged, hetero guy that I am. This action ...
|We Will Never Know
As the hopes for keeping alive the Fourth Amendment rest now on the possibility of a chauffer's strike in DC (UPDATE: no such luck), it occurs to me the accompanying hopeless feeling of dread ...
|CPR won't cure economic cancer
As the guardians of the economy have slowly woken up to a reality that anyone living in less than three homes can describe from experience, there has been a recent avalanche of "assistance" coming ...
|FISA action item: call your rep today
We're all abuzz with the news that Steny Hoyer (D-AT&T) has rammed through a capitulation on FISA reform against his own will, and with ...
|Help Fix FISA - Leave It Alone
Just a short diary today. I had a letter in my inbox from Patrick Leahy and John Conyers asking for help in protecting America from At&T, and thought I'd forward it to everyone who didn't get one.
|SJC: Leahy Waffling on Mukasey
Vermont Public Radio aired an interview this morning with Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT). As you likely know, Leahy is the chairman of the Senate ...
|Vermont vs the TSP
Sometimes the big stories come wrapped in the smallest of packages, and never more so than in a small, rural state like Vermont. Who would have thought that a year-old inquiry by the Vermont Public ...
|ACTION ITEM: prebunking the "troop cut" lie
WE get it. WE have functioning memories. WE know a con job when we see one. However, the steno pool pretending to be a free press is apparently not quite so intellectually adept. They need our ...
|When Harry lost Bernie
Vermont Public Radio ran a short interview with freshman Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders this morning (...
|Fortune mag: Bush is Full of It
Further evidence of the Bush Abomination's implosion - even Fortune magazine has abandoned Bush's spin on the economy, specifically the spiralling federal budget deficit. In an article ...
|Abu G Gone Wild!! - letter to my rep
Since we lost the Senate to a case of "I need my vacation, so screw the country" blackout, our only hope is to somehow tie this crap FISA -update- evisceration up in the House. Meanwhile, we ...
|TIME lies again
I know, I know. It's hardly earth-shattering. But my subscription to TIME was the last present my dad gave me before he died last spring, and I always read it, at least out of a sense of connection ...
|Pentagon Corrupted by GOP Mole
I wasn't gonna do anything today but eat popcorn and watch the Abu G show on C-Span3. Really. But the extended break and scattered nature of the hearings were taking a lot of air out of my interest,
|FDA, DoJ, GSA, FEMA: Same Sh*t, different acronym
As the "pet food recall" blossoms into yet another mushroom cloud of "incompetence" and "nobody coulda known", I think it's important to point out a few things that came up on "The Google" when my ...
|Dear Speaker Symington
As many Kossacks are already aware, Vermont has partially pulled the trigger on sending ...
|Mitt Romney wants to hear from YOU!
Big fan of front pagers that I am, I slavishly read FP posts, mumbling things like "no shit" under my breath, and usually click on the yummy links provided, for there's always a "there" there. So, ...
|from HAVE to HAVE NOT in 24 hours
One of the greatest benefits of a site like DailyKos is the wide range of topics coming from a progressive (read realistic) perspective that is largely absent from the corporate media's version of ...
|Poodle Piddles on Iraq Rug (UPDATED)||kamarvt||10/31/2006||6||3||-||-|
|Why the Elections Matter; a Football Parable||kamarvt||10/28/2006||11||13||-||206|
|DailyKos goes tabloid?||kamarvt||10/02/2006||72||12||-||5|
|A modest proposal||kamarvt||09/18/2006||6||2||-||-|
|The "O" Word Makes The Mainstream||kamarvt||07/08/2006||18||19||-||17|
|Cut and Run vs ...(crickets) UPDATED||kamarvt||06/21/2006||15||5||-||9|
|When did YOU wake up? (POLL)||kamarvt||05/17/2006||80||20||3||14|
|Pardon my impeachment||kamarvt||05/14/2006||12||-||1||11|
|Time to revisit censure||kamarvt||05/12/2006||3||3||-||-|
|Car window blogging||kamarvt||04/19/2006||53||44||2||158|
|Defusing Delay's Suicide Bomb (w/ poll)||kamarvt||04/05/2006||1||2||-||-|
|impeachment/ censure as an election issue||kamarvt||03/26/2006||14||11||1||10|
|Rumsfeld Helps Out Downing St. Case!!||kamarvt||05/18/2005||4||8||-||8|
|US Senate Hands Us RatherGate In Reverse||kamarvt||05/17/2005||2||4||-||-|
|How To Sex Up The Evidence||kamarvt||05/16/2005||5||3||-||-|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by kamarvt
- 54 comments 151 Recs
- I am a patriotic American. No. Really. I don't just use that as a cheap buzz word because my talking heads told me that I am. I love my country and I sincerely want to help bring her to a healthy ...20 comments 17 Recs
- The EmDrive which made made headlines last year is back in the news with the results from a new set of tests by NASA showing that the drive has been successfully tested in a hard vacuum. The EM ...224 comments 100 Recs
- A couple of years ago, I spent many hours with Bernie Sanders interviewing him for Playboy magazine (the interview was published in October 2013). I've just received permission to post unpublished ...171 comments 199 Recs
- Thirty-five years ago, babies born in the U.S. had an infant mortality rate equal to Germany. Today, American babies die at twice the rate of those in Germany. Thirty-five years ago, the U.S. ...189 comments 471 Recs
- It's not like 'we' are going to accept his glass of water, if it exists, (it doesn't) having just gotten an ample HALF inch of rain this past weekend and we're GOOD TO GO for at least three, maybe ...20 comments 17 Recs
- WTF!?!! You may ask. Well, Brooks is displaying the art of projection , taking all one's faults and flaws, and projecting them onto others. It's a psychological defense mechanism - but it's ...16 comments 15 Recs
- If you’ve read any pulp science fiction and fantasy — and I have, though not for decades — you know all about the Dark Empire. The Dark Empire is that distant but mighty star empire which ...36 comments 52 Recs
- The Reviews are in! And the consensus (from the right) is that President Obama's hilarious routine at the White House Correspondent's Dinner proves at last that he is . . . . . [An ...28 comments 26 Recs
- 485 million years ago the Earth was a very different place. The Earth's climate was mostly warm and wet, with sea levels nearly 2,000 feet above those of today. The area north of the tropics was ...24 comments 100 Recs
- No current results.