|Lyme Disease Awareness
May is Lyme Disease Awareness Month. Lyme is the most prevalent vector-borne disease and one of the fastest spreading diseases throughout the United States, and the subjects of diagnosis and treatment of Lyme are politically-charged. This series of diaries is designed to provide information to the Daily Kos community both for Lyme disease prevention and for those Kossacks living with Lyme. Because the disease is often missed by physicians, these diaries may assist an individual or two in pursui...
|Monday Night Cancer Club
Monday Night Cancer Club is a Daily Kos group focused on dealing with cancer, primarily for cancer survivors and caregivers, though clinicians, researchers, and others with a special interest are also welcome. Volunteer diarists post Monday evenings between 7:30-8:30 PM ET on topics related to living with cancer, which is very broadly defined to include physical, spiritual, emotional and cognitive aspects. Mindful of the controversies endemic to cancer prevention and treatment, we ask that both...
This group is for Daily Kos members who live in or are interested in Virginia.
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by kareylou
- I just got this note from Jack Thompson, Cedwyn's father. "Cedwyn passed away tonight, quietly, gracefully and at peace." He continued "Please pass our appreciation and gratitude to all of the ...267 comments 718 Recs
- You get up early on Sunday so you can get the kids all gussied up in their best clothes for Sunday school and church. Then you get into your own Sunday best, which starts with the hated girdle with ...142 comments 372 Recs
- Grrr. Argh. If I was the president, ...175 comments 100 Recs
- I have known Opal for five years. In that time, her health has gone from not too good to pretty bad, but she is hanging in there. Or rather, she was hanging in there. Now, she's hanging by a thread.492 comments 214 Recs
- Carol M. Ostrom shows how ACA should properly be covered (hint: she's a health reporter, not a political reporter): Nobody disputes that enrollment in taxpayer-supported Medicaid, already above its ...76 comments 40 Recs
- I went to the doctor for the first time in five years today. Although I'm young, I had neglected a couple of health issues for at least a year. I couldn't afford care and was left hoping none of ...224 comments 553 Recs
- It was ten years ago we launched Democracy for America to build off of the momentum you started with my presidential campaign, and we're still going strong today! As the Daily Kos community has been ...85 comments 225 Recs
- Obamacare enrollments have reached the 5 million mark , according to the Department of Health and Human Services. A press ...62 comments 72 Recs
- But I am going over to the Pacific Green Party. I know, I know. There are only 250,000 Registered Greens in the US at the moment, and it seems quite impossible that a Green could EVER be elected to ...197 comments 57 Recs
- There is too much on the table. Too much. I have been in and out here at Daily Kos. Living my life, along with keep moving it forward. And now we are arguing about what? Bullshit? Y'all, I am ...313 comments 279 Recs
- No current results.