Posting History for kayak58
|I remember 1963.
I was five in 1963. Kennedy was a Catholic; he was from the northeast; he was young, and had a young wife and kids that were the same age as my sister and me. I don't know if my family had voted for ...
Trump bailing on the Republicanfest in Tampa, supposedly because of the weather....According to WaPo : As recently as Saturday afternoon, Trump was scheduled to collect the Sarasota Republican Party�
|UVa Board emails, FOIA'ed
The UVa saga continues tonight.... WaPo reporting that the board now may have the votes to reinstate President Teresa Sullivan and will meet next week on the matter. They also profile ...
|Data mining and the "Christian" vote
Heard on All Things Considered this afternoon, a story about a new non-profit signing up "Christians" who are not registered to vote - to vote for conservative candidates who will uphold God's law. ...
|Honorary degree for Brinker?
This diary comes a little late to the party, but I don't think anyone else has covered this wrinkle to the entire Komen debacle.... Duke ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by kayak58
- Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) Here's Gov. Scott Walker trying to paint ...165 comments 77 Recs
- Bernie Sanders continued bringing the truth to the media world on CNBC's John Harwood. “I think it’s sick, and I think these people are so greedy. They’re so out of touch with reality, and ...160 comments 455 Recs
- Three weeks ago my partner and I were married on our 38th anniversary. We planned to just go to the courthouse. The State of Florida was forced by the Appellate Court to allow same sex marriages ...92 comments 127 Recs
- 28 comments 215 Recs
- What does it take to make Republicans want to keep religious leaders out of politics? A pope who disagrees with them, apparently. Pope Francis' recognition of ...207 comments 217 Recs
- (illustration by DonkeyHotey) From The New York Times : Mr. Bush, the former governor of Florida, had just concluded a town-hall-style meeting when Ms. (Ivy) Ziedrich demanded to be heard. “202 comments 565 Recs
- UPDATE: Conservatives tapped out from bailing out bigoted pizza joint, so Progressives take up slackUPDATE: Title updated with appropriate snark. Also, for those who felt my earlier diary was too harsh/lacking in compassion for this guy, while I thought I had explained this in one of the updates, ...203 comments 255 Recs
- Last Thursday (May 7) here at Daily Kos, I published the first public disclosure of a shocking collapse of the state's voter registration system here in North Carolina under Republican Gov. Pat ...143 comments 389 Recs
- 129 comments 76 Recs
- No. Only Thomas and Scalia may decide gay marriage cases. Thus sayeth the empty cardboard boxes. I see that conservative activists will be satirizing themselves this week. Well, it ...197 comments 132 Recs
- No current results.