Posting History for kentuckydave
|Irish Workers Occupy Waterford Crystal Factory
Irish workers and community activist have made County Waterford, Ireland, yet another flashpoint in the worldwide struggle between capital and labor caused by free market globalization. Learn about ...
|May Day- No Blood for Oil
The International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU) will be leading the charge to reclaim May Day as a collective day of action where we, the people, remember that change is possible when we ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by kentuckydave
- My favorite statement by Pope Francis: “The thirst for power and possessions knows no limits. In this system, which tends to devour everything which stands in the way of increased profits, ...173 comments 232 Recs
- This blog is cross-posted at StewartAcuff.com Two days after its publication as an electronic book, Playing Bigger Than You Are: A Life in Organizing became the #1 FREE book in the LABOR category ...3 comments 3 Recs
- Seventy five years ago, as the Second World War loomed, another conflict began that would have wide consequences on history - the Spanish Civil War. On one side was the "Nationalists" - a coalition ...46 comments 61 Recs
- The biggest problem with water is the waste of water through lack of charging (World Bank President James Wolfensohn, 12 April 2000, discussing the resolution of the Bolivian water riots,61 comments 44 Recs
- Usually it is the great bobswern who brings us news from the pages of Naked Capitalism. But I don't see one of his posts up today, so I thought I would bring today's readers one of the best pieces ...336 comments 181 Recs
- Dear Hippy-Punching fanboys, this is BULLSH!T, if you want me to work to re-elect Dems, knock it offUPDATE: I want Obama to win. I need Obama to win, but if centrist Democrats keep telling the left to STFU and just vote without addressing their main issues it makes ...1504 comments 697 Recs
- I am still shocked by Meteor Blades' departure from Dailykos. He will be greatly missed, and he was a very powerful voice for progressives. Before I met Meteor Blades at Netroots Nation in 2009, he ...115 comments 289 Recs
- But the arc of history does not bend toward justice through capitulation cast as compromise. It does not bend when 400 people control more of the wealth than 150 million of their fellow ...695 comments 529 Recs
- There is a story making the rounds of a pool reporter on Air Force One who asked President Obama, " Are you a socialist? " We assume here the reporter was acting in good faith, probably hoping ...246 comments 126 Recs
- Hello, everybody and welcome to the first Labor Diary Rescue, where we look at the pro-union diaries that didn’t quite make it to the rec list. Treat the comments section as an open thread, ...8 comments 11 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.