Posting History for kharma
|“So hit me with a fine. We can afford it.”
From Huff post and submitted without comment other than in a nutshell, this is what's wrong with too-big-to-fail. Elizabeth Warren and Jamie Dimon (emphasis mine)... When the conversation turned to ...
|Anti-vaxxers is a liberal problem.
That's what I heard from Matt Lauer on the Today Show this morning. He showed a sound bite from Christie saying it should be a choice; another from Rand Paul saying parents should have a choice. ...
|Run Marco Rubio Run!
Marco Rubio stated unequivocally ( to ins-Hannity ) that if he runs for President, he won't run for another term in the Senate. Today Rubio moved one step closer to that brilliant move. He has told ...
|Meanwhile, 2000 feared dead in Nigeria
From NBC News (warning autoplay) More than 2,000 people are unaccounted for after radical Islamist sect Boko Haram torched more than 10 towns and villages in Nigeria Ahmed Zanna a senator where the ...
|Want a job in the US Government?
Just get a job with Citigroup.
|Devil in a blue dress
Photo by Tim Pierce From Raw Story : Fox Business host Melissa Francis predicted this week that Wall Street ...
|FCC Head: I am an independent agency
So said Wheeler, the FCC head yesterday. Wheeler was appointed FCC head in 2013 by President Obama after breaking his promise to not hire lobbyists to his administration . Wheeler spent many years ...
|Steinbeck: With Your Wings
A rare short-story by John Steinbeck that was never previously published is to be featured in the upcoming issue of The Strand Magazine . It was originally read on Orson Welles radio show in July ...
|Updated: The D-Triple-C is Dead to Me.
Further proof that the DCCC would rather win with a Republican over a progressive Democrat. Via Hullabaloo : Is the DCCC even pretending to win? A Tale of Two New Hampshires by Gaius Publius I'...
|A problem with ants
Once upon a time there was a boy named Moro. He loved cookies and would eat one before bed and save one on his nightstand for the next morning. One morning Moro woke to find that there were ants ...
|Godless and Moral
There is a meme going around that says that morality is a human condition and must be because humans are 'created in God's image' or that there is some "special morality" endowed by our creator. ...
|Instead of fixing it, the NSA exploited Heartbleed
From Michael Riley at Bloomberg : The U.S. National Security Agency knew for at least two years about a flaw in the way that many websites send sensitive information, now dubbed the Heartbleed bug, ...
|CIA Intimidated Staff Investigating Torture
Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), in what Judiciary Committee chair Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) described as "the most important (speech) he had heard in his career", revealed that the CIA had searched ...
|A Pressing Dilemma
My wife and I haven't really been getting along that well lately. We kiss each other goodbye when we go off to work and have nice things to say to each other occasionally but at the end of the day, ...
|Mistress of Prominent Democratic Representative had multiple abortions.
Walter Cramden(D-WC), the Representative from West Colorado's 3rd District today has declined to comment on the allegations that his mistress, Elizabeth Snow visited numerous abortion clinics from ...
|Famed "White Hat" hacker dies.
Barnaby Jack, a famed hacker from New Zealand, was found dead Thursday night in his apartment. He became famous as a "White Hat" hacker by exposing vulnerabilities in every day items, from ATM ...
|Another school shooting today
From St Louis Post Dispatch At least one person was injured by the gunman, according to police scanner traffic. The suspected gunman, believed to be a 21-year-old man, was reported to have shot ...
|The Humility Course
David Brooks is teaching a course at Yale this semester. If you haven't seen the syllabus, it's pretty good: The Humility Course Week 1: The Reticence Code (January 15) How did American leaders ...
|Music and Memory
via scoopster Six years ago today, in the minutes just after midnight, the sound of sirens pierced the quiet ...
I have worked hard as a non-POW but never-the-less disabled American veteran. I pulled myself up with my shoestrings (wtf are bootstraps?) and went back to school, got a degree, and have been ...
|Musharraf refusing to step down.
From AP at MSNBC : President Pervez Musharraf will not step down as head of state and intends to serve out his five-year-term, his ...
|GOV ADMITS TORTURE--While we vote
What better time to admit torture than during the most intense Super Duper Tuesday I can remember? CIA Director Michael Hayden publicly confirmed for the first time the names of ...
|US Mock Disaster-Bloggers are the threat
Almost two years ago, the AP requested records on Cyber Storm under the Freedom of Information Act. Recently they received a heavily redacted version which is analyzed in ...
|Broward D001 Florida -- 109% voter turnout!
I'm not the C.T. type but a really odd thing happened yesterday in Florida. Broward county district D001 had a huge voter turnout. In fact, almost 110% of the voters voted.
|MOJO For Wearing Orange Day
Hopefully everyone is sporting that beautiful orange today. We do it to protest the holding/treatment of prisoners at Gitmo. ...
We've been hearing from Bush at least since October--Congress must listen to him to keep America safe: ...
|My Uncomfortable Experience in a Public Mens Room
Two weeks ago, the kids and I went on a trip to visit friends in San Antonio, Texas. On the way we stopped at a rest area just off the interstate. What happened next made me very uneasy...
Every day we are faced with choices. Sometimes we choose wisely, sometimes not. Either way, our decisions should be based on logic. For instance:
|Don't be fooled, you are NOT Anonymous||kharma||06/14/2006||296||295||60||79|
|Solomon, Blackmail, War on Reporters||kharma||06/01/2006||7||3||-||-|
|If you stand still, you WILL get shot at||kharma||04/24/2006||2||11||-||2|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by kharma
- Tears well as a tsunami of emotion rises in me threatening to break through my skin and fill the world. All it takes is a song, a word, a memory - and I rumble like an earthquake down where the deep ...261 comments 284 Recs
- I don't think this is the kind of thing Mike Huckabee expected from his followers. I wonder if he'll backtrack now. (my guess....probably) There's more at the link below. Or you can mosey on ...122 comments 164 Recs
- Scientists have discovered that the ice shelves of South Antarctica, located in the Bellingshausen sea , are in rapid melt. This new study follows reports that the remnants of Larsen B should ...76 comments 170 Recs
- The Iraqi regime possesses biological and chemical weapons, is rebuilding the facilities to make more and, according to the British government, could launch a biological or chemical attack in as ...348 comments 558 Recs
- (illustration by DonkeyHotey) Ruh-roh - looks like Christie is cracking. From Talking Points Memo : New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) gave a speech on Wednesday full of ...351 comments 343 Recs
- Do as I say, not as I do. That particular idiom about hypocrisy is especially true if you're a Republican espousing "family values." A good example of this occurred recently when the ...323 comments 237 Recs
- Bernie poses for a selfie with a supporter in Manchester, NH, May 2. Sen. Bernie Sanders will make his presidential primary campaign official Tuesday, May 26, with a public kick-off on the shores ...225 comments 261 Recs
- Captain Daniel Johnson has been arrested after being formally charged with sexually assaulting at least nine different ...113 comments 184 Recs
- Olympia, WA Yes, the young men are black. The two young men (brothers) allegedly shoplifted some beer from a major grocery store. According to the boys' mother, "They don't carry guns, they ...44 comments 48 Recs
- Let's begin by being honest. Shaun King is a polarizing figure. He has a very specific point of view when it comes to American police forces and their dealings with African Americans, and he is ...862 comments 434 Recs