Posting History for lagan
|*Video* 'The Perfect Crime' - How Bankers Avoid Accountability
Why haven't any big bank bosses been thrown into jail? It's been a frequent question since the beginning of the financial crisis. And its not just working stiffs asking.
|VIDEO-Human Cost of the Drug War in Colombia||lagan||02/10/2010||7||4||-||19|
|(VIDEO) Will Credit Raters Dodge Accountability...Again?
Despite being blamed for billions in lost investments, the big three credit rating companies continue to dodge accountability. In this video I produced, Ben Protess and I talked to representatives ...
|**Video** Fox’s Dick Morris and an Anti-Reform Ad Campaign
In this story, Ben Protess and I tracked an activist group called the League of American Voters to find the origins of just one of the hastily arranged groups influencing the current health care ...
|EPA Fails To Inform Public About Weed-Killer In Drinking Water (VIDEO)
One of the most widely-used weed killers in the country is coming under fire. Yesterday the New York Times and my employer, the Huffington Post Investigative Fund, published investigations into ...
|(Video) The Faces Behind the Health Care Debate
On a sunny Saturday at the county fairgrounds in this Appalachian community, the gaps in the American health care system were on vivid display. Lured by the promise of a weekend of free checkups, ...
|Online Payday Lenders Fight Regulation on Capitol Hill
Payday loan offices have been sprouting up in strip malls and on street corners across America for years before Wall Street collapsed. In these hard times, more people than ever are using payday ...
|Rep. Joe Barton: Waxman 'Doesn't Have the Nuts' to Pass Energy Bill
The global warming debate is heating up in the House, leading to the kind of quirky moments that are a common feature of life on the Hill. Next week, Henry Waxman (D-CA), will bring his Waxman-...
|Lieberman: 'Voyeurism' to Release Torture Photos (VIDEO)
Sens. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) held a press conference in support of President Obama's decision to block the release of controversial photos of military personnel mistreating ...
|Mortgage Fraud Scandal Brewing *VIDEO*
In this video I produced, I talked with former Ameriquest employees who spoke about the corrupt culture that permeated the entire company. It seems like the fraud problem is just now bubbling up to ...
|Bankers Defeated Bankruptcy Bill Today-But Started Celebrating Last Night *VIDEO*
You would think this year's Mortgage Bankers Association annual meeting would be a rather solemn affair -- given the criticism the industry has endured in recent months. But while filming at the ...
|(VIDEO) Origin of "Toxic Assets"- Burned by Crooked Mortgage Brokers
For weeks I have been talking to people who have worked inside the mortgage industry about what went on during the boom years. It is clear that many of the giant bailed-out banks actively pushed ...
|(VIDEO) Goldman Vet Gensler Sparks Conflict On Hill
Gary Gensler is just one of the Goldman Sachs alum who Obama has chosen to lead his economic team. Senator Sanders put a hold on the nomination, but Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid, told me at a ...
|(VIDEO) Swiss Tax Cheats -- Fall from Favor in Washington
For years it has been assumed that if you are rich enough in America, you can cheat your taxes. Just take a trip to the Alps and stash some cash in a secret Swiss account while you're at it. So ...
|(Video) Citigroup vs. Taxpayers
Congressman Brad Sherman thinks taxpayers are getting screwed by Citigroup. After poring billions into the bank it looks like it is still sinking and it is not clear if the government can save it ...
|(VIDEO) Iconoclast William Greider: Democrats' Dilemma
William Greider is a rare voice in journalism these days. He is wise, unbiased, and has enough true perspective to offer deep analysis on the crisis we are all living through. His voice is one we ...
|(Video) Where Are The Bankers, Barney Frank?
I have been covering the bailout hearings since they started in late September, and all along there have been calls to bring in the bankers who are receiving an unprecedented amount of taxpayer money.
|(ANP: Video) Campaign Financing: New Twist On Old Problem
George Voinovitch the republican senator from Ohio recently announced that he would not seek reelection in 2010. I was at the press conference and the reasons he stated for quitting were quite ...
| (ANP VIDEO) Tax Havens: Hidden Hand in Financial Crisis
The financial crisis seems as if it emerged from nowhere and struck as hard and fast as lightning. How did so many financial institutions crumble with so little warning? There are many reasons, but ...
| (ANP: Video) Paulson Wants More Cash- What About Oversight Loophole?
Henry Paulson wants the other 350 billion in bailout cash. But before anyone considers giving it to him, one hole in the bailout legislation should be considered. Everyone in Washington knows ...
|(Video) James Risen Talks Exec. Power of Bush/Obama
We sat down with James Risen, the New York Times national security corespondent who broke the domestic wiretapping stories to talk about the dilemmas Obama faces with the unparalleled executive ...
|(Video) Bank Eat Bank: Bailout Encourages Mergers-- Paulson Decides Who Lives and Who Dies
So my colleague, Danielle Ivory, and I have recently been covering the economic crisis and found ourselves thoroughly intrigued by the bank mergers happening all over the country. We looked into it, ...
|(Video) Chaos Looms Over Pennsylvania Vote
Even after plenty of forewarning, it seems like battleground state Pennsylvania's upcoming election could be a disaster waiting to happen. There are about 200,000 new voters in Philadelphia, and ...
| (Video) Sarah Palin: GOP Welcomes All Muslims
ANP managing producer, Davin Hutchins, and I spent the last few days following the Straight Talk Express in Ohio and Pennsylvania. Despite the insulation Sarah Palin normally has from the media ...
|(Video) Goats and Votes in Tennessee *funny*
So...I happened to bring a video camera to last weekends "Fainting Goat Festival" in Marshall County Tennessee, and followed around McCain campaigners. I don't know if it turned out as good as it ...
|(Video): Flogging of AIG Execs
In the wake of the $700 billion bailout, the public is finally getting a look at the faces behind the financial crisis. On October 7, the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform grilled former ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by lagan
- Now UPDATED with video of my experience with the Federal Reserve police below. So, back in November, I was working at The American News Project and trying to pitch an investigative news piece on ...34 comments 17 Recs
- So, back in November, I was working at The American News Project and trying to pitch an investigative news piece on The Federal Reserve and HR 1207 (legislation for the GAO to audit the Federal ...21 comments 28 Recs
- The General Motors flameout has been a disaster for blue collar Americans working on assembly lines. Out of 123,000 North American GM workers, 20,000 are scheduled to lose their jobs. Meanwhile, ...41 comments 15 Recs
- 2008 Lindsey Graham seems to disagree with 2009 Lindsey ...28 comments 46 Recs
- This is Mike Fritz with the American News Project and I recently had the opportunity to interview former Senator George McGovern while he was in Washington D.C. promoting his new book about Abraham ...50 comments 25 Recs
- At the center of President Obama's overhaul strategy for Wall Street are the "stress tests" which will be applied to all financial institutions. But how accurate will the test results be? That will ...16 comments 14 Recs
- Congress and the new administration focus on strengthening oversight for the Treasury’s TARP program, but meanwhile few are paying any attention to the Federal Reserve. Since September, the ...22 comments 11 Recs
- In March of 2000, during the last days of the Clinton administration, the EPA decided coal ash was a hazardous waste. But then, two months later, it flipped. If the EPA had stuck to its guns, the ...0 comments 2 Recs
- (VIDEO REPORT AT BOTTOM) ANP has put together an in-depth investigation into just how much influence the Mormon Church had in passing Proposition 8. When Prop 8 won by a razor thin margin, ...516 comments 494 Recs
- Hi, I'm a journalist with the American News Project in DC. I'm in Philly, where I've been covering voting issues for the past few weeks. Today, voting expert Steven Rosenfeld (of Alternet) and I ...0 comments 5 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.