Posting History for larri
|How is this even controversial: the deficit
is because of reaganomics. Duh. Cutting taxes does not (surprise!) raise revenue and if there is also no political will to cut spending - I'm not even making any value judgments here - teh deficit ...
|A modest proposal to save sports, maybe even football:
Go natural. - Ban weightlifting. - Reintroduce the idea of "seasons". No organized workouts or contact with coaches outside the actual playing season (and make sure those are relatively short, ...
|as a shoutout to
deadhead, it's pathetic that it should be me, but I just think somebody on Kos on this day should say out loud: Wounded Knee, December 29, 1890.
|My first diary, which
should probably just be a comment somewhere but I'm having an Elvis Costello moment here, thinking for once over a long arc my aim is true. I think you have to have been an Ayn Rand freak 40 years ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by larri
- This one has been on my mind for a while, so I guess the time is now to share some things I have come across relating to the origins of the Mormon experience. I don't often write diaries, but some ...25 comments 21 Recs
- Taponas Colorado with Flattops in the background. From a walk I did early last fall. Above is my first view of the flat tops while driving across the flats south of Taponas Colorado in early July. ...17 comments 26 Recs
- The Pythagorean theorem may be the best-known equation in mathematics. Its origins reach back to the beginnings of civilization, and today every student continues to study it. What most ...19 comments 22 Recs
- While watching The West Point Story , with James Cagney and Doris Day, I was struck by how clearly the early films portrayed the concept of a studio owning the star. The not so subtle subtext was ...3 comments 6 Recs
- and before you have a cow and assume I am biased in my teaching, that is not the point of my statement. I write only about how I approach my students. I do not treat them"objectively." I do not ...13 comments 21 Recs
- Yes, you read that right- Fuck Joe Paterno. And you can HR me, unfollow me, curse me out or do whatever you want for saying that. Have at it. I don't care. I don't care that Joe Paterno is dead. I ...2389 comments 1106 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.