Below you'll find recent contributions related to lilorphant's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Completely appropriate or tasteless?
I debated whether to post this or not. On the surface, it's completely innocent. Obviously, in light of recent news it takes on a different vibe. On the other hand, at least half of those ...
|Abbreviated Pundit Round-up: For the GOP, the hits keep coming
LA Times on the effort to curtail personal vaccine exemptions in CA: The vaccination debate has reached fever pitch. Legislation has passed in the state Senate that would do away with the "personal ...
|The 2002 NIE On Iraq Has Just Been Declassified
The NIE is the National Intelligence Estimate. And it shows the serious dissents by the State and Energy Departments on the claims of WMDs. From the accompanying article: The CIA's 25-page ...
|UPDATED: The Luis Lang Saga: THE INTERVIEW
I realize that this is the 3rd diary I've posted tonight, but this one is kind of important to me on a personal level. I'm one of those who tore Luis Lang apart in the first place, so it behooves me ...
|What could make the potential King v. Burwell fallout even worse? One word: "Retroactive"
Yeah, I know, two King v Burwell posts in a single day...but we're ramping up to the big decision announcement and it's important that people know ALL of the potential ramifications, even the ...
|King v. Burwell: The Glengarry Glen Ross Connection
Reading this story by Sarah Ferris at The Hill reminded me of the closing scene from Glengarry Glen Ross (starting at around 2:50 in): WILLIAMSON: Where have you been, Shelly? Bruce and Harriet ...
|Abbreviated Pundit Round-up: Stand with Rand? Republicans aren't ready.
CBS : Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul had some harsh words Wednesday for Republicans who have blamed the rise of Islamic extremism in ...
|King v. Burwell: How many people would lose tax credits in YOUR state, county or zip code??
Whenever I post about King v. Burwell, I have a tendency to lump all 34 states together into collective numbers ( around 6.5 million losing their tax credits , plus another couple million being ...
|Update: I may owe Mr. Boonswang an apology after all.
Two weeks ago I posted a diary about an attorney named Chad Boonswang who appeared to have pulled a pretty tacky ambulance-chasing stunt by sending tasteless notes to the families of the victims of ...
|Abbreviated Pundit Round-up: Bernie's Day
Great "error" page for Bernie Sanders. Love the Brooklyn accent that he's never lost. TPM : For Democrats who had hoped to lure Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren into ...
|5 mo. later, true implications of King v. Burwell FINALLY starting to sink into skulls of GOP admins
Some Guy, early December: In other words, every one of the following states --along with the other 2 dozen not already running their own exchanges-- should be running, not walking towards at least ...
|Hey, guess what finally hit 12.5 million?
Last week, I noted that the number of ACA exchange-based QHP selections has officially passed the 12 million mark nationally. I also mentioned that: Of course, when you throw in the missing tax ...
|When American troops were welcomed and remembered
with love and honor can be seen in a a piece in today's Washington Post titled Americans gave their lives to defeat the Nazis. The Dutch have never forgotten. It is about an American cemetery in ...
|UPDATED: PERSONAL: Here's why I reacted so strongly to the "Attorney Chad" incident.
IMPORTANT: SEE UPDATE ON THIS STORY FROM 5/27/15 About a week ago, I posted an off-topic entry called "Attorney Chad" is about to have a really bad weekend. It appears that after the tragic Amtrak ...
|Absolutely Nothing: A Veteran’s Savage Indictment of the Iraq War
Is the title of this post by someone named Jim Wright, which I think you will want to read. It is a totally brutal putdown of the likes of Mitt Romney and John McCain, of the neocons who pushed us ...
|An image of Hillary Clinton that might surprise you
appears on p. 158 of the new book by former CIA #2 Michael Morrell, a book titled The Great War of Our Time: The CIA's Against Terrorism From Al Qaeda to ISIS . It is in the context of the planning ...
A number with various connotation, none of which are relevant to this reflection. In this case it is merely a measure of longevity in years. My longevity. I can turn to my Facebook page as the ...
|Abbreviated Pundit Round-up: Republicans and their base
WaPo : Democrats say they are happy to see Republicans race to the right, since they believe it will put the eventual GOP nominee out of step with the general electorate. Some Republicans are ...
|A Week in the Life of ACA Signups
I've been sending out these weekly digests to my mailing list for months now, but figured some here might be interested in it as well (and most of the compilation work is already done so what the ...
|10% of the U.S. population is now enrolled in ACA-enabled healthcare coverage.
Cross-posted at ACASignups....
|Abbreviated Pundit Round-up: How white and male will the GOP debates look?
LA Times : Fox News and CNN plan to use an average of recent polls to pick the candidates for the first two Republican presidential debates, with the ...
|Abbreviated Pundit Round-up: Hillary's election moves; Republicans rewrite Iraq history
Howard Fineman : Is Hillary Clinton actually moving left, and if so, why? The answer is yes, though not on every topic. And ...
Recommended by lilorphant
- Zach Carter's most recent post [http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/14/geithner-blocking-legal-h_n_796773.html over at HuffPo] reminds us that people who think that Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner ...124 comments 265 Recs
- He is not leaving because he wants to, nor because I want him to go. He is leaving because there is no work here. We live in Florida so selling our home and moving together is not really an option.555 comments 780 Recs
- Up to now, TSA has been saying that only men will do the "enhanced pat downs" on men, and only women will do them on women. They are lying.583 comments 265 Recs
- It was a wallbanger moment. Yep, there's the story ; Pregnancy not covered by most individual health policies ...as if that ...34 comments 47 Recs
- How does a football coach react to one of his players showing support for the survivors of breast cancer (including the player's own grandmother and great grandmother) during Breast Cancer Awareness ...122 comments 188 Recs
- This is how EVERY Democrat who is worth voting for should respond to the Simpson-Bowles deficit reduction plan. Too bad it takes an Independent like Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) Make the ...316 comments 560 Recs
- As we all know, the problem with writing your memoirs is that it might actually get published, and everything you say is out there in the broad light of day and subject to response. That's why ...210 comments 478 Recs
- Child suicides remind us of challenges facing Indian Country Over the past few months we’ve seen plenty of news stories about celebrities going in and out of jail and fed-up ...287 comments 589 Recs
- $2300. That is how much money every single man, woman, and child would get if the $700 Billion slotted to giving thousands to millionaires and millions to billionaires ...16 comments 26 Recs
- The Obama administration is urging Wisconsin's incoming Republican governor, Scott Walker, to reconsider his opposition to high-speed rail in his state and threatened to rescind $810 million in ...659 comments 470 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.