Posting History for limpidglass
|Iraqi Gov't Requests US Airstrikes
There's been a lot of debate over what the US response will be to the chaos currently engulfing Iraq. What are the options? Military, non-military? Is it even our business to be there? Well, now ...
|Oil and Obama's New Asian Cold War
With the recent death of Kim Jong-Il and the concomitant worries about the continued stability of the Korean peninsula, American foreign policy in the Asia-Pacific has entered the spotlight. ...
This healthcare debate is really complicated and it's been dragging on for a long time. Because of the stress, there has been a recent spate of betting on this and that trying to determine the ...
|Senate Finance Committee Votes "No" on Public Option
The title says it all. This is a huge significant setback.
|Dollhouse season 2 premiere: Huh?
This may be considered a sequel to my not-so-wildly successful diary, Dollhouse Season Finale: WTF? I ...
|Next Up: An Executive Order to Block Detainee Photos?
It's well-known that as pressure has mounted from the right, the administration has changed its mind and opposed the release of photos which reveal the abuses suffered by detainees in American ...
|Dollhouse Season Finale: WTF?
I just got done with watching the season finale of Dollhouse . I welcome thoughts, below. Spoilers abound, so do not look if you do not want to know.
|Hank Paulson Can't Just Do Whatever He Wants, Can He?
Hello. It seems like such a long time ago that they passed the bailout bill. The one that gave Hank Paulson, ex-CEO of Goldman Sachs and current Treasury Secretary, unprecedented power to intervene ...
|The Wire, Barack Obama, and the War on Drugs
Today is the broadcast of the series finale of one of my favorite shows, The Wire . For those who don't know about the show (which seems to be most ...
|A Huckabee Sampler: More Batshit Than You Realized
Even some people here are charmed by Mike Huckabee. And why not? He chats amiably with pundits like Tim Russert, humorously discussing his squirrel-eating college days. He's appeared on Colbert ...
|Al Gore Has Not Sold Out
There appear to be two major schools of thought on the possibility of a Gore candidacy in 2008: 1) A Gore presidency in 2008 is crucial. No one else sees Iraq, the loss of civil liberties, and the ...
|On Rudy Giuliani
This diary started as a comment in Nuisance Industry's diary about the possibility of an ultra-conservative third party that would ...
|Draft Gore in California-please help!
It's no secret that people think Al Gore would make a great president in 2008. Everywhere he goes he's asked if he'll run. Over one hundred thousand people have signed ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by limpidglass
- You probably don't want to hear this but California is using water left from fracking to water cropsYes, it's the waste water left over from fracking. The fracking liquid that contains chemicals we don't know about. This is the kind of idiocy posing as one solution to the California man-...120 comments 176 Recs
- The Washington Post is reporting that Maryland State Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby has found probable case to file homicide charges in the death of Freddie Gray. Baltimore prosecutor: Probable cause to ...21 comments 48 Recs
- This morning, a diary reached the reclist, a diary which was in part based on a totally misattributed quotation. The quotation that formed the first part of the title, and which appeared in block ...10 comments 24 Recs
- This article originally appeared at TomDispatch.com. To receive TomDispatch in your inbox three times a week, click here . Consider the extremes of our present climate moment by the numbers. Recently,6 comments 11 Recs
- This article originally appeared at TomDispatch.com. To receive TomDispatch in your inbox three times a week, click here . Years ago, Chalmers Johnson took a term of CIA tradecraft, “blowback,�5 comments 10 Recs
- NASA is predicting megadroughts in US in the coming decades. By megadroughts they mean droughts lasting decades or more. As we struggle with the ...135 comments 134 Recs
- Greenland's summer ice sheet 2014. Isn't ice supposed to be white? photo credit: Jason Box We're living in a time of extreme weather and crisis. And now, it seems that the dominos are falling ...17 comments 33 Recs
- In my last post I asked this same question about the House Budget Committee. As my readers saw in that one, the attempts at deficit reduction leading to budget balance were so severe that they ...4 comments 8 Recs
- For the first time an intense enormous storm that Global Warming has contributed to devastated an entire island nation. Aid officials expressed shock at the levels of the destruction. Aid Workers:25 comments 73 Recs
- Just as every Spring we can count on the Peter G. Peterson Foundation (PGPF) to do a supportive press release when the CBO issues one of its budget outlook 10 year projection reports, we can also ...12 comments 2 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.