|Adalah — A Just Middle East
Adalah ("justice" in Arabic) is a diary series about the Middle East, with special (but not exclusive) emphasis on the conflict in Palestine-Israel. The authors of this series believe in the right of self-determination for all the people of the Middle East and that a just resolution respecting the rights and dignity of both Palestinians and Israelis is the only viable option for peace.
|Lyme Disease Awareness
May is Lyme Disease Awareness Month. Lyme is the most prevalent vector-borne disease and one of the fastest spreading diseases throughout the United States, and the subjects of diagnosis and treatment of Lyme are politically-charged. This series of diaries is designed to provide information to the Daily Kos community both for Lyme disease prevention and for those Kossacks living with Lyme. Because the disease is often missed by physicians, these diaries may assist an individual or two in pursui...
A collection of Massholes and others interested in what's going on around the Hub, and those outlying places somewhere west of Worcester....
Keywords for searching: Boston, Mass, Massachusetts, Beacon Hill, MassDems, MassKos
After the site stabilizes, we can have an organizational meeting to work out what the group will be. And plan a local meetup.
ORGANIZATIONAL DIARY: http://bit.ly/hizDXL
For Kossacks who live in Mexico, or have an interest in what goes on there.
|New England Kossacks
NE Kossacks is a social group of (but not limited to) DailyKos readers who live and/or work in New England (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont) Please "follow" the group to put it in your news stream and also ask for an invite so we'll have an idea of how many kossacks the group "serves."
|Repeal or Amend the Second Amendment (RASA)
Our group promotes informed discussion about repealing, re-interpreting, or amending the Second Amendment of the US Constitution, following the infamous Scalia-led decisions in Heller and McDonald. Re-interpretation under a Democratic-majority Supreme Court might be easiest. If that is not possible, then repeal or amendment may be the last recourse. (This is not the same as banning guns. Gun regulation could e....
Recommended by litho
- For three days in June, 1943, blacks and whites in Detroit fought a battle that killed 34 people, wounded 433, and destroyed more than $2 million in property. The United States has a long history of ...20 comments 46 Recs
- An allegory for online censorship, or, how I learned to stop worrying about the truth so I could enjoy a hay ride: Reader X has never liked Poster X and is offended by Poster X's diaries, which ...65 comments 26 Recs
- If you really think that [http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/11/27/1258698/-Obama-to-Afghans-If-You-Like-Our-Troops-You-Can-Keep-Them in this cartoon] artist Ted Rall [http://www.dailykos.com/story/...892 comments 170 Recs
- So... this happened. In an interview with the BBC's Sharanjit Leyl last week, former Secretary of State and godfather of the Bush Doctrine George P. Shultz offered a few comments on the ...39 comments 48 Recs
- Originally published in Tikkun Daily | Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, in his vociferous opposition to U.S. negotiations with Iran, has argued with particular force against the easing of ...229 comments 160 Recs
- If your level of outrage over Lara Logan’s botched 60 minutes piece on Benghazi has reached the point that you would take pleasure in watching those responsible undergo a diabolically sadistic ...148 comments 462 Recs
- That's the opening line in a front-page Washington Post article, "In rural Kentucky, debate over health law takes a back seat as people sign up." Wow. A positive story and some in-depth reporting ...58 comments 229 Recs
- On Thursday, Rep. John Boehner (R-OH) blogged about his attempts to sign up for ObamaCare: Earlier this afternoon, I sat down to try and enroll in the DC exchange under the president’s health ...62 comments 327 Recs
- Between one breath and another he was gone, a dream fading into time. But it wasn't "only" President Kennedy's death that shaped so many of our lives. That November day in ...169 comments 226 Recs
- As I wrote recently: Republicans have sought, as a rule, to use every tactic imaginable to block the initiatives and policies proposed by this president. They'...188 comments 515 Recs
- No current results.