Posting History for lone1c
|Reason #(Life + 100 years) to loathe the Trans-Pacific Partnership
I've found yet another log to throw on the pyre on which I hope the Trans-Pacific Partnership soon finds itself immolated. As I just learned in this Boing Boing article , amongst the myriad ...
|"Pressure is when you have like $300 in your bank account, like five kids and $800 in bills."
Perhaps the math is a little bit simplified, but it's quite astonishing to hear a quote like this from anybody who would really have a media spotlight. It's even more astounding when you hear who ...
|What Aaron Swartz did at MIT
|Thursday Classical Music Series: Brahms's Ein deutsches Requiem
I'd like to thank Dumbo for giving me another opportunity to fill in as a guest blogger in the Thursday Classical Music series. After the events of last week, I felt that it was time to offer up a ...
|Thursday Classical Music Series: Beethoven's Fourth Symphony
I'd like to thank Dumbo for giving me the opportunity to be a guest blogger in the Thursday Classical Music Series. It's a great series, and I'm looking forward to covering Mahler's Fourth Symphony ...
|Breaking: Nevada to return to the poultry standard
DKos operatives have just learned that Republicans in the Nevada legislature, troubled by the campaign financing woes of John Ensign and the gaffes of Sue Lowden, plan to introduce a bill which ...
|Can McCain have a "family moment" at the convention? (w/poll)
In watching the adorable family moment tonight with all of the Obamas--and it wouldn't be a picture-perfect moment if the youngest child didn't completely steal the show out from everybody--I was ...
|Energy, Water, and You: Something to think about tomorrow morning
Who doesn't love a nice hot shower in the morning? But have you considered how much energy your hot shower uses? As the cost of energy keeps going up and up, I got curious as to how much heat is ...
|Good (unreported!) news in NM Primaries (w/Poll)
Watching the NM returns, I thought there was one interesting statistic that wasn't being reported, that could tell us a lot about how the Land of Enchantment will track in November. Everybody's ...
|The next anti-stem cell research push
It's on its way. The ad couldn't be any better at expressing the anti-stem cell lobby's talking points. Unfortunately, it does such a good job largely because it's deceptive about its main point.
|Fundamentalists and HS curricula
I was reading a post on Steve Gilliard's blog regarding homeschooling, and noticed that some of the articles were ...
|Spare change now can equal huge change in 2008||lone1c||11/08/2006||10||11||-||-|
|What would you do with $250,000,000 a day?||lone1c||08/18/2006||49||16||-||10|
|A world without abortion||lone1c||04/08/2006||68||19||-||-|
|HELP WANTED: FEMA director needed (w/poll)||lone1c||04/01/2006||4||4||-||-|
|Who does Bush nominate next? (w/poll)||lone1c||10/29/2005||8||1||-||-|
|Government by blog?||lone1c||08/03/2005||1||2||-||-|
|Should freedom of the press be absolute? (w/Satirical poll)||lone1c||07/08/2005||9||-||-||-|
|For once, Tom Friedman gets it||lone1c||10/14/2004||6||2||-||-|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by lone1c
- After so many diaries lately of police brutality, militarization, and otherwise bad behavior, it seems a good time to praise a Missouri police department that’s getting it right.47 comments 90 Recs
- OK.... impossible task time. Regardless of decade, what are your favorite television comedies of all time? Can you make a list of the top 5? I know it is tough, but can you do it? I bet, if ...176 comments 44 Recs
- Over the last couple of weeks, I've seen a number of articles about pseudo-historian David Barton's "comeback." My first thought upon seeing these articles was "what comeback?" You have to go away ...23 comments 66 Recs
- Yes, this is your opportunity of a lifetime!!!! The Grand Old Party has decided to pare down its inventory of voter tools, and you -- yes, YOU!!!! -- can be the lucky beneficiary of our never-to-be-...31 comments 46 Recs
- by Walter Brasch About 1.8 million students will graduate from college this year, according to the National Center for Education Statistics. At least one-third of them will graduate with honors.27 comments 9 Recs
- Drove into west wing while looking for car elevator. Sorry! Butler not wearing white gloves. Keeps telling me he's my chief of staff. Note to Ann - fire butler. Converting basketball court to polo ...35 comments 98 Recs
- When Mrs. d and I bought our first house in the late seventies, a run down farmhouse out in the country about a mile east of town, it seemed as if we had scarcely signed on the dotted line when it ...63 comments 109 Recs
- In this age of terrorism and extremism, certain words have been co-opted from mainstream Islam for use by the extremists, and that co-opting has led to misuse of the words by the mainstream media, ...27 comments 19 Recs
- In these hard times, job applicants need all the help they can get. Whether you’re newly unemployed or someone looking to change jobs, your resume could be the factor that gets your foot in the ...210 comments 256 Recs
- First off: McClellan admits that Libby and Rove lied to him about their involvement in the Plame leak. Second, obviously, 9/11 was used as a political tool to turn the administration into a ...704 comments 202 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.