Posting History for looty
|Suspect arrested in "Puppy Doe" case
Not much of a diary, really. But people who have been following the terrible case of "Puppy Doe", a 2-year old female pit bull who was seriously abused and abandoned in a park in Quincy, ...
|Defending the Institution of Marriage
Georgia GOP Chairwoman Sue Everhart has been the subject of a lot of Internet hate and ridicule for suggesting that marriage equality will open up a new avenue for straight fraudsters to cheat the ...
|I voted with (and against) Romney today (plus a random election day poll)
Quick diary. I live in Belmont, Mass. Yes, that Belmont, and let me tell you it's not all palatial estates with their own tennis courts and car-elevators. A lot of us regular working folks live ...
|It's not just about whom we elect the President... it's about how we elect the President
Short diary, and sure to fall right off the list. But this is something I wanted to say, in particular as a response to the debate debacle. I know that there are already a hundred reasons why this ...
|This is what being a Progressive feels like
I'm sure I'm not the only one who woke up this morning, feeling like I'd been kicked in the chest. Heartbreak; and I'm not even a Wisconsin voter. To have worked so hard, and come so close to ...
|Another independent radio station dies: WFNX Boston, 1983-2012
Breaking on the Boston Phoenix website is some sad news for Boston-area music fans, regarding the independent rock radio station WFNX. Not much to say about this personally, other than it bums me ...
|"The Great Librarian Massacre of 2012": a cataloging librarian's view
Yesterday afternoon, the news began propagating across Twitter and other social networks that Harvard University ...
|If you absolutely, positively must use Wikipedia today
Who knows, maybe you witness a deadly barroom brawl about to break out over whether George Clooney really did appear in the fourth season of Facts of Life. Or maybe you need to know the elemental ...
|GOP threatens to hold Medicare hostage
TPM's David Kurtz has the run-down on the GOP's new hostage-taking threat: if Dems don't cut Medicare, they will force the US into default. Kurtz' piece is entitled, ...
|Food of the future: BUGS
This week's Boston Phoenix, the largest alternative weekly in the Boston area, had a fascinating -- if somewhat stomach-turning article -- on the efforts of scientists, food advocates, and even the ...
|Thank you Senator Ben Nelson
I think it's telling that on Sen. Nelson's contact form , in the dropdown box for "topic", there is NO choice for "economy", for "employment", ...
|"Badgering the refs" won't solve America's problems
Hillary Clinton and her supporters are relying on the argument that the primary process isn't fair and that, if it were a fairer or more rational process, she would in fact be the nominee. And ...
|They grappled each other like bulls
They met in the Market-of-the-Land. Enkidu barred the gate with his foot, not allowing Gilgamesh to enter. They grappled each other like bulls. They shattered the doorpost, and the walls ...
|Deval Patrick on fixing the Big Dig||looty||07/19/2006||11||5||1||11|
|View from the street: Chicago May Day demonstrations||looty||05/03/2006||2||3||-||2|
|Abortion and the State: a modest proposal||looty||03/06/2006||4||2||1||1|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by looty
- I am a retired government Records Management specialist with a Ph.D. in History. The reason I got into the business was because I believe in preserving the historical record of our local, state and ...237 comments 187 Recs
- As a Boston area guy who doesn't follow sports very closely at all (and who prefers baseball and hockey to football), I'm admittedly not particularly well-qualified to discuss Deflategate, but I ...26 comments 2 Recs
- Now that's a ...453 comments 617 Recs
- I send a lot of comments to elected officials. One thing that somewhat concerns me is I spend time and energy writing them, and only one person, probably a low-level staffer will ever read them. So I'7 comments 3 Recs
- To protest police abuse renders great honor to the officers. Protesting in front of people with weapons and the authority to use them shows that you believe they are decent and lawful people. It is ...4 comments 4 Recs
- "I think you dropped this," As I dropped a twenty on the cluster box. just ...36 comments 52 Recs
- Look, this is really simple people. The entire point of the Anti-Police Violence Protest is to highlight and improve our system of Justice so that it works the way it's supposed to work . Innocent ...79 comments 116 Recs
- The way to honor those who defend our liberties with their lives — as did my father and grandfather — is not to curtail liberty, but to exercise it fully in pursuit of a just and peaceful ...103 comments 321 Recs
- In the Absence of a Common Foe With the breakup of the Soviet Union in 1991 the United States lost a significant portion of the glue that held it together. We witness the unraveling in the ...4 comments 9 Recs
- I had to drive 200 miles yesterday in the downpour. Sheets of rain, high spray, the Skagit high against the banks, Lake Samish looking...large...even from the road. Listening to the NPR. Voice ...230 comments 456 Recs
- No current results.