Posting History for lurkersince03
|I Didn't Vote 'Cause Kos Said We'd Win, with Poll
Actually, the title is a lie. I voted, did phonebanking, and even drove a long way to a neighboring Red state to do GOTV, for all the good it did. But in Kos's Diary today named "More Accurate ...
|I Wish I Hadn't Voted for Mr. Romney
The hurricane was worse than we expected. When the power lines came down and the fire started, I thought we were goners. Now, I almost wish we were. And that's why I do wish we hadn't voted for Mr.
|Forbes and Yahoo Join the Occupy Movement?
I haven't had the time or energy or desire to post comments on Dkos for many months. Let alone write a diary. Got a bit tired of the Obama Pie Fights, too. I visit Dkos maybe once a week, scan the ...
|Still A Crummy Diary, But the Most Important Health Care Info You May Ever Read
Yes, I know that a diary is supposed to be filled with important content. (I also know that it's supposed to have a snappy title, not a self-denigrating one.) Today, I'm not in the mood to follow ...
|Wasted Life, Wasted Death, and IGTNT
The recent diary http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/20... on the posting/banning "rules" for the IGTNT diary series has garnered ...
|What is a good way to die? with Update and Poll
I usually find that the time between Christmas and New Year's Eve is a quiet time for me -- off from work, and a brief respite from the parties of the two aforementioned holidays. Maybe that's why ...
|A President with Middle Eastern Blood on His Hands
No, I am not talking about Obama here. Name any recent president. The five who preceded him -- Carter, Reagan, G.W. Bush, Clinton, and W -- were all actively or passively complicit in the deaths of ...
|Why No on 1 Lost. Why "I" Am the Reason That It Lost.
From 2004 on, I began giving limited amounts of money (which is all I have) to progressive candidates around the country, with the help of sites like Kos and ActBlue. I canvassed for Obama in 2008, ...
|How About a Support DeDe Campaign for Repubs? Updated
UPDATE: DeDe's on the ballot. Does not need "Write Ins." But some Repubs still need help NOT to vote for Hoffman. Purity Trolls, Please read no further. Let's face reality. 1) This is a ...
|Why We SHOULD Abandon and Abolish ACORN
ACORN has fired the two workers who gave advice that was arguably illegal and certainly immoral to two conservative activists dressed as a pimp and a prostitute. Clearly, these two workers -- at ...
|Black and White and Abortion: A Useful Exercise?
The current recclist diary http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/6/2/734061/-Come-Out-of-the-Dark,-Share-Your-Story.-Ill-Start. on abortion stories has brought wetness to my eyes, many times so far.
|Saw New Star Trek Tonight, and Am I P*ssed Off! Now with updates.
In the interests of transparency: I've always liked the original Star Trek, but never got into the later ones. Oh, I'd watch an episode here or there if it was on and someone else was watching, ...
|Meta: A Completely New TYPE of Diary Has Appeared!
I've been lurking -- as you may have guessed from my username -- since 2003. So I've seen a lot of diaries come and go, and have started writing a few myself. Today, I've seen a diary of a type ...
|I've Got Whine Flu™ -- And YOU May Need a Donut Shot (Updated, Still DUMB)
Yes, pandemics are serious business. Yes, we need to prepare for a pandemic. One occurs every thirty years on the average. We must prepare on a personal, a community, a national, and a planetary ...
|Metro NY School Epidemics and the Mexican Swine Flu (+ Update)
As always, the fluwiki and DemFromCT are the places and people to go to for your pandemic preparedness info. But I've been following the "Potential Swine Flu Pandemic" story, and am as many of us (...
|Is AP now working for US? Stop Troll-Baiting and Read!
I just saw a headline that amazed me. Can't believe that no one has diaried this. Headline: Unresolved debate in DOJ memos: Does torture work? Maybe I'm wrong, but this seems ...
|My President, Right or Wrong!
There are a number of diaries today, with thousands of comments, on the topic of what IMHO boils down to "Who Trusts Obama? And How Much." I'd like to take the time to consider a few quotes or ...
|Could THIS Help Resolve the Main Electric Car Obstacle?
Fools rush in, they say. And I admit that I don't know much about electric cars -- mostly what I read here. And today, reading gttim's diary "Who Killed the Electric Car?" http://www.dailykos.com/...
|Wrong! Here's the Liberal Limbaugh, Mr. Finch!
I started a comment in the "Where is the Liberal Limbaugh" diary. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/3/12/145617/571/96/707730 Reading the comments, my ire rose and I decided to post it as a diary.
|Marijuana IS a Gateway Drug
Disclaimer: Please read the intro before you flame me, Pro-Legalization Folk! I was working my way through the lengthy if somewhat repetitive Dr. Zombie marijuana diary entitled I am a ...
|Am I Nuts? Is Obama Nuts? Is this the REAL Plan?
On February 5th, I wrote a poorly read (and perhaps, some might say, poorly written) diary: Is It "FitzMas in February?" Breaking US Atty Scandal? And No One Knows? The point was ...
|Is It "FitzMas in February?" Breaking US Atty Scandal? And No One Knows?
Lots of us are probably readers of Josh Marshall's fine Talking Points Memo. Last night, this site reported that: U.S. Attorney Scandal: Feds Probe Domenici for Obstruction ...
|Am I a Hideous Troll, or (Gasp) a Racist? Update, w/polecat
Im going to blame it on another kossack, and his or her comment in the recent "BRUTAL Ad to Air Tomorrow: 'Are You With Obama or Limbaugh' " diary. Since I'm not sure whether it is polite to name ...
|Can You Take the UPDATED Pledge of Allegiance: 1/20/09?
Three words can change America. As Obama takes the Oath of Office, perhaps it behooves us all to take an oath, a pledge, a New Pledge for 2009. I pledge allegiance to ...
|Cancel My Bleeping Inauguration, Kos!
Actually, that's not really what I want you to do, Kos. And I use the word "Kos" in the title as what literary types call a "synecdoche (sin-EK-duh-key)," in which, as Wikipedia defines it, "a part ...
|Update: When Torture SHOULD Be Used on "Terrorists"
Was out of town, in a big city. Went to see a movie, but I had the time wrong, by an hour too early. The lobby of the multiplex stank of fake butter-flavor, so I decided to hop out and grab a ...
|Warning: Movie Spoiler: Are We A**Hat Elephant Gropers?
I'll start with the spoiler. So if you are planning to see the (March '09 release) film "The Watchmen," and DID NOT read the late-80's graphic novel of the same name, read no further. The plot of "...
|Forget About Hybrid/Electric/H2 Cars - This Could Help Now (maybe)!
I'm no chemist or engineer. I have never studied those fields. So I can't comment (well, I could, but it wouldn't be worth much) on whether: high efficiency low CC gasoline engine, or ...
|Easy, Funny Way to Debunk the Maverick Myth for 55+ Voters
The graphic below the fold may help those who lack a grounding in cowboy lingo to grasp the difference between two nearly opposite terms: Maverick and Sidekick. The dictionary (http://www.merriam-...
|“I Will Never Vote for a Negro. I Will Never Vote for a Democrat.”
You’ve probably never heard anyone make the first statement out loud, unless you live in the Deep South (in which case they may not have said “Negro”). You may have heard the ...
|New (?) Way To Address Racism/Partisanship, Not GOTV, WITV
This is my first diary, since there are so many great writers and thinkers here that I’ve been shy about putting something up myself. Please pardon me if its format is unconventional (all ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by lurkersince03
- Dear Republicans: As you go through the various stages of grief over the election results I would like to help you. Seriously, I'm not kidding!80 comments 282 Recs
- The Dog part of Something the Dog Said died yesterday. Tycho was a ten year old three legged Springer Spaniel and my very good friend. He had vascular cancer (cancer of the blood vessels) and it was ...633 comments 637 Recs
- I rarely write about sports because to me they are a fun distraction from more pressing matters, one ultimately of far less importance to the grand scheme of things. To be sure, I've always been ...17 comments 13 Recs
- On an August night in the late 1980s, as my beloved uncle sleeps in his rural home in Mississippi, he is clubbed so severely with his own shotgun that the barrel is bent significantly from the force ...16 comments 37 Recs
- I’m a daily DailyKos reader and until now have only been a lurker. But because this is the winter of my discontent, I’ve decided to jump in. My sister-in-law Nancy ...44 comments 31 Recs
- The recent movie Avatar has won critical acclaim for its use of 3D and its special effects. The underlying plot seems to be inspired by the American Indian experiences in the United States with the ...75 comments 40 Recs
- First, I admit up front I have an axe to grind against Chertoff, who made my life a living hell for blowing the whistle on abuse in the case of "American Taliban" John Walker Lindh when I was a ...262 comments 246 Recs
- [Cross-Posted at Wild Wild Left ] There could be no surer sign of the sorry state of American business than the overflowing ...18 comments 31 Recs
- This is the hour of lead Remembered if outlived, As freezing persons recollect the snow-- First chill, then stupor, then the letting go. -- From Emily Dickinson’s "After Great ...111 comments 143 Recs
- Some ruminations on the Altamont Speedway Free Festival, December 6, 1969. The commemorations for Woodstock's 40th Anniversary were mostly positive and nostalgic. The famous grungy blanket couple ...56 comments 35 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.