|Firearms Law and Policy
To advocate effectively for repeal or passage of firearms legislation we must first know and understand current law and policy, and how both are implemented, where we live. There is enormous variability across the country; the relative utility/relative risk of firearms is different on a 500 acre ranch in Montana than for a 1000 square foot apartment in New York. State and local laws reflect that diversity. We will discuss firearms law and policy with an emphasis on the many historical ethics an...
|Repeal or Amend the Second Amendment (RASA)
Our group promotes informed discussion about repealing, re-interpreting, or amending the Second Amendment of the US Constitution, following the infamous Scalia-led decisions in Heller and McDonald. Re-interpretation under a Democratic-majority Supreme Court might be easiest. If that is not possible, then repeal or amendment may be the last recourse. (This is not the same as banning guns. Gun regulation could e....
|Sexism and Patriarchy
This group will include discussions about the pervasive nature of sexism and patrarchy and their role in holding women back from full equality; Discussions may also include how sexism and patriarchy form cultural assumptions that affect the LGBT community. Please note that republishing a diary does not constitute an endorsement of the diary's message.
The San Francisco Bay Area Readers of Daily Kos. We meet regularly around the Bay Area for political activism and also, recreation. One of our hallmarks is rolling out the red carpet for out-of-town/visiting Kossacks in the form of dinners or pot lucks.
|Shut Down the NRA
A group to document News of gun violence, to create a Community of activists, and to create a platform for Action to work towards breaking the hold of the NRA on politicians and changes to gun law that will actually result in significant, measurable decreases in American gun violence and fatalities.
|Silicon Valley Kos
Connect! Unite! Act!Congressional Districts CA-17, CA-18 and CA-19
We work together online and offline for political and social causes. We also meet to just socialize.
The group will republish diaries on issues of interest to the residents of Silicon Valley.
To join our group, send a request HERE.
The definition of SLUT seems now to be ANY WOMAN USING BIRTH CONTROL or ANY ONE CONCERNED AND FIGHTING FOR WOMEN'S REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH (according to the GOP) FINE! We are sluts and PROUD OF IT As with "Slut Walks" we will own the word and take the power of the word away.
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by madhaus
- It all started with a Constitution that allowed slavery to continue unmolested in the Southern states, only limiting the importation of additional slaves after 1808. In addition to requiring the ...296 comments 425 Recs
- As Election Day nears, the battle for California’s 17th congressional district has gotten ugly; with Ro Khanna’s campaign realizing their only hope is to fling mud at the well-respected, ...17 comments 31 Recs
- The defenders of Darren Wilson, the white police officer who repeatedly shot an unarmed black teenager named Michael Brown at least 6 times in Ferguson, Missouri claim that “the facts” will ...244 comments 405 Recs
- Let’s perform a quick exercise here. Imagine that you’re just walking into work on a Monday morning and your manager wants to talk to you. Thanking you for the fine work you’ve been doing up ...75 comments 197 Recs
- What a difference 15 kilometers can make. For example, 15 kilometers once nearly led to war between Iceland and the United Kingdom. Known as the first "Cod War", it began with the UK's heavy ...229 comments 469 Recs
- Good leaders lead by example. Seems obvious to parents, who without pause would say to their children, “If your friend is bullying somebody, you tell your friend to stop. If your friend doesn't ...53 comments 65 Recs
- When I last left you, three weeks ago, I had fought the good fight…against my company…just for the right to take a seat should I win one for the Mountain View City Council. I prevailed. You can ...4 comments 15 Recs
- In the end, the American Dream did not last very long. The modern version, the version with the two point five kids and the house in the suburbs, a nice modest house with a good lawn and a white ...261 comments 335 Recs
- This diary is not about Congress, or the shutdown, or about politicians much at all. Rather, this is about the American people... the ones who, after all, sent a bunch of loons to Congress and put ...130 comments 78 Recs
- Dear readers: I’m sharing the following press release from the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF) to alert you to the invaluable work that our fighting civil rights organization is ...15 comments 110 Recs
- No current results.