Posting History for magnetics
|In the wake of Martin Luther King Day, 2015: The scandal of the memorial
I cannot let the celebration of Dr. King's birth date pass yet again, without commenting upon the scandal of the memorial erected, we are told, in his honor, but fabricated by Chinese artisans ...
|Eyewitness in Paris: Charlie Hebdo and the Aftermath
By chance, my wife and I found ourselves in Paris on the morning of January 7, in an apartment overlooking (as we would soon learn) the offices of Charlie Hebdo, the satirical weekly. We heard the ...
|The Nation, its Prospects, and the Midterms
Although the Republican sweep of the midterms has occasioned much unhappiness and recrimination in the left blogosphere -- not to mention among Democrats, and self-described liberals and ...
|Privatization of the Royal Mail: Can This End Well?
It was with some surprise, that I learned (two years ago) that the Dutch postal service had been privatized; and the results are not pretty. Excellent reporting in the London Review of Books gives ...
|The President Must Strongly Support Social Security
Through much of the Obama presidency, there has been an undercurrent of unease concerning his commitment to the preserve Social Security, the keystone social insurance program of the New Deal and ...
|Is Boenhner Trying to Save Obama from Himself? or Just Chicken? or Both?
This will be short. Recent big news on the debt ceiling death spiral is that Republican Speaker of the House John Boehner ...
|The Debt Ceiling, the Shock Doctrine and Mulitdimensional Chess
We are told that failure to raise the debt ceiling will likely precipitate a financial collapse -- surely in the US, with global ...
|Food, Karma, and Goldman Sachs
I cannot vouch for the provenance or authenticity of this, but the conceit is irresistibly attractive: That is, I recall reading, in a discussion of Buddhist doctrine, the statement that the total ...
|Democrats: Maybe I'm not the one you want to lose.
I don't think the world at large cares overly for my personal political odyssey; but it may have some value as an example. In brief, I came to political consciousness during Vietnam, voted for ...
|Wanna Win in November? Stop Foreclosures!
Wanna Lose? Don't then. I just saw the clip of David Axelrod on Face the Nation discussing whether or not the ...
|California Shock and Awe?
The San Francisco Chronicle reports a plan for aerial spraying of pesticides over ...
|The Blackwater Amendment Updated: "No" to a Constitutional Convention.
Two days ago I posted a diary proposing a 28th amendment (the ‘Blackwater Amendment’) to the US Constitution, with the ...
|Proposal to Amend the US Constitution
The dangers of private security contractors to civil society have been much discussed in light of the ...
|Breaking: Lieberman-Kyl passes 76-22
This will be very brief -- thinkprogress has the story. Also, apologies to anyone else who beat me to the punch. ...
Hey! Rank and file Kossacks! Kos Kewl Kidz! Our avowed goal here at DKos is to elect Democrats, right? Well, a major story, about how that could get much harder , has been brewing, ...
|The Flashing Banner Ads Totally Suck
This is going to be a fairly short diary. What I am describing may not show up for all kos users , but I am getting them everytime I enter the site, or change ...
| Former Starr minion-- now Judge-- dismisses Plame civil suit
The Plame Civil Suit has has been dismissed . Stop me if ...
|Scheuer on Olbermann: Chilling video here.
The return of the Taliban and Al Qaeda has been blogged here today, notably by NewDealer , who launches from Frank Rich'...
|United States of Torturedom II: "24" propagandizes for war crimes.
The latest issue of the New Yorker devotes several pages to profiling Joel Surnow -- Hollywood winger, friend of Rush ...
|United States of Torturedom
'Ghost Plane', the recent book by freelance journalist and former London Times reporter, Stephen ...
|Instapundit's NYT Op-Ed: Too dumb to breathe?
Hard to believe this has not been diaried; but I searched and did not find. Glenn Reynolds has ...
|Blue State Realignment: Why Edsall's Dog Don't Hunt
Kos has frontlined Tom Edsall's fantasy of a permanant Red State Realignment; as a NYT subscriber, I'm being twice weekly ...
|The Tortured Logic of War with Iran||magnetics||09/19/2006||5||1||-||12|
|Trolling the wankosphere with Occam's Razor||magnetics||03/11/2006||6||1||-||8|
|Read this if you read nothing else today...||magnetics||01/19/2006||2||3||1||2|
|Why Yoo has got to go.||magnetics||01/10/2006||6||-||-||3|
|Krugman: without fair elections ...||magnetics||08/19/2005||5||1||-||-|
|Imperial minion "Little Hammer" Delay struck Kitty Kelley...||magnetics||11/29/2004||8||5||-||1|
|Nov. 22, 2000: American Kristallnacht and the Onset of Apple Pie Fascism||magnetics||11/23/2004||12||1||-||11|
|Culture War, Civil War, and the Scopes Monkey Trial: An Elegy for Democracy||magnetics||11/12/2004||3||8||-||5|
|A ball game ain't over 'til it's over ....||magnetics||11/03/2004||-||-||-||-|
|Is NPR suppressing KSTP? Just asking....||magnetics||10/28/2004||7||1||-||-|
|The Big Lie, Republicans, and (by implication) Fascists||magnetics||10/12/2004||1||1||-||-|
|Inaugural Post: Reagan Review Redux||magnetics||10/07/2004||-||-||1||8|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by magnetics
- 155 comments 288 Recs
- You probably don't want to hear this but California is using water left from fracking to water cropsYes, it's the waste water left over from fracking. The fracking liquid that contains chemicals we don't know about. This is the kind of idiocy posing as one solution to the California man-...120 comments 176 Recs
- The lovely month of May is upon us, when a young (hearted) critter's fancy turns to whatever a young heart fancies. In the case of pooties, it's often...Fancy Feast.122 comments 93 Recs
- It's time to do some celebrating. We have been planning this for a while.64 comments 97 Recs
- They say a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun. Apparently that doesn't apply to women. . . . A Texas (where else) teenager (fourteen) showed up behind Pasadena High School for a ...47 comments 27 Recs
- Those of you who ...50 comments 78 Recs
- Freddie Gray being loaded into a van by Baltimore Police On April 12th, six Baltimore police officers assaulted Freddie Gray and took him on something I'll admit I've never heard of ...242 comments 337 Recs
- Those of you who ...111 comments 63 Recs
- There are times when the media really does their best to sicken us all. This ...142 comments 341 Recs
- Bloods and Crips uniting and disputing the claims of the Baltimore Police Yesterday, immediately after the funeral of Freddie Gray, the Baltimore Police Department released an ...251 comments 274 Recs
- No current results.