Posting History for makr1964
|Prejudice vs. Racism
I am a middle-aged, privileged white guy who has been watching the court and the world respond to the killing of Trayvon Martin. I seldom diary, but had a rant in me this morning, so I typed it up ...
|Red states and the swine flu - by the numbers
I visit the CDC web site frequently to get the latest data on the swine flu. I've noticed an interesting (but not entirely unpredictable) trend over the last few weeks. Children who live in red ...
|Economic Stimulus (with poll)
I wandered over to RedState.com today and yesterday just to see what they thought of the loss of Denny Hastert's old seat. Shockingly, there was not a single entry about it going back to Saturday ...
|Capitalizing on foreclosures
As cynical as I have become, I'm surprised I didn't see this coming. Now there is at least one company you can call to choose(!!?!?!?!) foreclosure. woo hoo.
|Has anybody here seen my old friend _____________?
I have been consistently an Edwards supporter since last Summer. Like many in this community, I will support the ultimate nominee wholeheartedly for all of the obvious reasons. And now, Barack ...
|Wall Street takes a dump - must be them terrorists!
The Market is falling! So what do MSNBC and CNN cry MSNBC , CNN ?
|PROTEST ON OCTOBER 5th||makr1964||09/29/2006||5||7||1||-|
|Rich Sexton on Colbert Report reruns TODAY||makr1964||09/13/2006||9||3||-||1|
|***UPDATED***Richard Sexton on Colbert Report TONIGHT||makr1964||09/11/2006||11||4||-||42|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by makr1964
- Nine people shot to death at a family restaurant . Dozens of others stabbed, beaten, and seriously injured. Over 100 guns recovered. Sounds like one of the ...733 comments 735 Recs
- Your laugh for the day: Ver complains that the decision has forced him to miss speaking appointments at conferences and that the US embassy in Barbados refused to even consider the evidence for his ...246 comments 314 Recs
- It's Tuesday, November 25th, 2014. Ferguson, Missouri is burning. I live several states east of there, but I've sat up all night watching live streaming feeds of the rioting in Ferguson and St. ...338 comments 215 Recs
- Prosecutors in Washington County, Oregon dropped a bombshell yesterday. They have evidence that a woman subjected her own son to horrific abuse because she thought he was gay . Jessica Dutro ...65 comments 32 Recs
- What a wild story we have here in 1% Jokes and Plutocrats In Drag: What I Saw When I Crashed a Wall Street Secret Society, by Kevin Roose in the New York Magazine. This expose of the secret ...300 comments 626 Recs
- Dale Hansen has twice been named Sportscaster of the Year by the Associated Press and with thoughtful commentary like this, it's easy to see why. This may very well be the best statement yet on ...159 comments 405 Recs
- ...the fish stinks from the head down...29 comments 39 Recs
- From Talking Points Memo : Don't quote me please but.... has anyone noticed that while NY-1's Michael Scotto seems like a nice young man his Uncle is Anthony Scotto, feared Gambino boss and the ...280 comments 291 Recs
- If you're Chris Christie or anyone close to him, tomorrow's edition of The (Newark) Star-Ledger isn't for you. The editorial board of New Jersey's biggest newspaper has a pretty scathing piece on ...22 comments 43 Recs
- Last night, Jon Stewart ripped through all the GOP bullshit about how they're upset Obama doesn't seem to want to work with them anymore. So as we've seen, last night was less about the state of ...25 comments 179 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.