Posting History for malapert
|Ted Cruz Flame-Out Poll
It would seem a majority of people who do not admire Ted Cruz as much as Ted Cruz does agree that his Presidential bid is at best an ego-driven publicity grab, at worst an out and out scam. So ...
|MR. PRATCHETT? YOU PROBABLY KNOW WHY I'M HERE.
MR. PRATCHETT? YOU PROBABLY KNOW WHY I'M HERE. That's our old friend Death, a beloved character in several of Terry Pratchett's novels. When death came for Terry Pratchett I hope it was his Death, ...
|Conscience of a nation
The anniversary of the events at the Pettus bridge has been mostly moving, with stirring remarks from John Lewis, President Obama, and others. Even the old and new coverage by Bill Plante for CBS ...
|Tom Coburn's Scientificishy Discoveries
Senator Tom Coburn's magnificent and unassailable disproval of so-called 'climate change' or 'global warming' by finding a snowball in winter was actually but one of a breathtaking portfolio of ...
|Requiem for Radio Shack
The death--or at least lapsing into a zombie state--of Radio Shack has become something of a punchline in the media; treated with snickering mock anguish like the bankruptcy of the last buggy whip ...
|House Republicans' solitary vice
Today, February third, House Republicans stiffened their spines--at least--in an historic 56th act of mutual masturbation over the Affordable Care Act. This peculiar recurring public self-...
|Cruz defends Koch brothers
We saw in the news about Ted (Canadian bacon) Cruz and his dementedly vigorous defense of the Koch Brothers. We saw that on camera, but few have seen the photo secretly taken after the other ...
|Two easy Artisan bread hacks
I've been making bread using the 'Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day' method for a few years now, mostly in the winter when ...
|Neat new tool for birdwatching
My wife and I are long-time wildlife- and bird-watchers, both backyard and out in nature. We are also wildlife rehabilitators, caring for orphaned and injured birds and small mammals. Some of ...
|Pop go the Weasels
I was losing my faith. Okay, I was starting to feel despair. But I feel ever so much better now that I see the long game. The big picture. The next moves in the 3 dimensional chess game. The plan to ...
|Puking our way to a bright progressive future
Remember when you were a dumbass teenager of some misbegotten age or other, and by either luck or devious measures you managed to score a bottle of some sort of liquor. It was almost certainly not ...
|A working guy's twinge of guilt
The guy made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I repeat: Could. Not. Refuse. Here's my situation: for most of the year, mid-...
|Bedsteads for bumblebees||malapert||10/05/2014||9||12||1||-|
|Quick! Change the locks!
The most useless gaggle of hypocritical, lying, posturing, ethically impaired and morally bankrupt corporate puppet poltroons and buffoons to ever slouch and slime their way through the marbled ...
|Hunting brown children for fun and profit.
The pic that accompanied Hunter's coverage of the Hannity/Perry meetup with lots of macho looking guns and garb refused to go away, mostly because it did not get the sort of caption it cried out ...
|Pete Seeger -a memory
Memory can be fickle, and time throws an obscuring haze over the past--one that gets thicker when you pass 60. This is what I remember, and how I remember it. The year was 1981. A couple years ...
My wife and I live in northern New York, on an island in the St. Lawrence River. We are part of the long, glassy ground zero of the ice storm that caused such problems in the northeast over the ...
|The Bean died on Earth Day
Today the Bean died. One very small life ending on Earth Day. My wife and I are wildlife rehabilitators, mostly working with birds and small mammals. She has all the licenses, I help feed, clean,
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by malapert
- 10 comments 44 Recs
- I grew up in a town with a population of less than 100 people. I have lived in small towns in Idaho, Illinois, North Carolina, and New York, and spent enough times in small towns in Pennsylvania to ...27 comments 30 Recs
- She is listed as one of America's most dangerous hatemongers . Geller got her start by posting on Little Green Footballs, but its founder, Charles Johnson was obliged to repudiate her in a Guardian ...28 comments 16 Recs
- Paul Krugman recently wrote: "No, what you should really look for, in a world that keeps throwing nasty surprises at us, is intellectual integrity: the willingness to face facts even if they’re ...1 comments 3 Recs
- The House Republicans, led by Steven King (R-Paint Huffing) to denounce their Number One Enemy, babies , or at least, the wrong colored ones anyway. Now, a baby doesn't have much except the love of ...3 comments 15 Recs
- 14 comments 39 Recs
- The Los Angeles Times reports the surprise that 83-year-old California resident Ron Doriff had when he started receiving strangely priced bills from his internet provider. Dorff told me he was ...10 comments 33 Recs
- 10 comments 13 Recs
- Okay, so there is this orphanage in Uganda that has captured my imagination. And in my imagination I hope it will capture yours. Billed as the world's first atheist orphanage, BiZoHa has as its ...23 comments 9 Recs
- I live in Michigan, but I've never heard of Patrick Colbeck. All I know about him is that he wrote an Op-Ed piece for the Detroit News on Friday which has more factual holes than the swiss cheese I ...16 comments 24 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.