Below you'll find recent contributions related to mattman's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|GUS: Fresh Starts, Big and Little
So yeah, I lost my job in 2009 during the height of the bubble bursting and things are supposed to be getting so much better. But is it? I work for a publicly traded company that, last year, had ...
|Indigo Kalliope: Poems from the Left: June's 1st Tuesday & a Memoriam
It occurred to me that perhaps I sometimes use composing under the gun as a way to force concision in my writing. Probably not the best way to go about it, but it works passably, I suppose. I had ...
|Finding jobs while homeless (and roses)
Terrance, Aaron, Chelsie, Makala This is another entry in my series on a homeless family I've been trying to help. Fundraiser link: http://www.gofundme.com/uxuve6s Previous diaries are here:
|Flow from me like water.
This is not going to be funny, and this is not going to be angry, so if you are seeking a rant this evening (or any such classic Shiz fare) - off you go. The stories tonight about the death of ...
|Colorado is the Shiznit||05/30/2015||88|
|How do you tell a homeless child that they have to go back to the emergency shelter?
Terrance, Aaron, Chelsie, and Makala First, I want to thank those who have helped Makala's family by donating to the GoFundMe page . I know that not everyone has the means to give money, so I also ...
|Remarkable People: Celtic Lassie; 1988-2015
Her name was Brandi Nicole Stanley. Please remember her. She lost her battle with cancer the evening of Memorial Day, last Monday. I was with her, holding her hand, as I had promised. Brandi,
|I will NOT go without a fight. "...I Want To Live..."
FOREWORD BY OTTERAY SCRIBE (her father): Her full name is Brandi Nicole Stanley. I am her father. Remember her, please. She never wrote a diary after registering, because she never thought ...
|Down and Out in Brooklyn and Queens
New York, I love you, but you're freaking me out. I've been working full time and trying to find a place to live that I can afford and it is going nowhere. Bouncing back and forth between Brooklyn ...
|Kitchen Table Kibitzing 5/28/15: Vintage Photographs
||Pam from Calif||05/28/2015||126|
|I was laid off yesterday.
So the latest chapter in the sad, strange arc of my career has come to a close. I was laid off from my (temporary) tax position with New York State yesterday, after 4 months. It was a pretty ...
|GUS: A Little Nudge
GUS (Gave Up Smoking) is a community support diary for Kossacks in the midst of quitting smoking. Any supportive comments, suggestions or positive distractions are appreciated. If you are quitting ...
|When Hippies Roamed the Earth
Tears well as a tsunami of emotion rises in me threatening to break through my skin and fill the world. All it takes is a song, a word, a memory - and I rumble like an earthquake down where the deep ...
|One Pissed Off Liberal||05/24/2015||357|
|A trip to the zoo with a homeless family
Makala sees a black bear This is an update on the family I'm trying to help. Please see this diary for the full story. For the record, I don't really like this title because I see Chelsie, Terrance,
A number with various connotation, none of which are relevant to this reflection. In this case it is merely a measure of longevity in years. My longevity. I can turn to my Facebook page as the ...
|Makala is homeless
Terrance, Aaron, Chelsie, and Makala Hrmm. Umm. Writing a diary is like riding a bicycle, right? Hmmm. I guess if you don't ride a bicycle for a while it might be a little awkward at first. So ...
Recommended by mattman
- When I was coming home from the grocery store a few days ago I couldn't escape hearing another idiotic ramp by a truly pathetic woman who went on and on about how we are all in Earth's last ...163 comments 243 Recs
- This morning he woke up again on the couch, as he always does. He hasn't been in our bed, my bed, in a long time. It took the wise words of our god-daughter, someone who works with Veterans, to ...250 comments 326 Recs
- UPDATE: POOTIE QUEEN UNBANNED! Here's what ct just wrote in the pootie diary: triciawyse managed to trigger the post lock timeout banning by posting too many comments & ...406 comments 281 Recs
- Everybody so scared. Well, it's obvious what we are going to do. We are going to invent something different. We are going to draw on the best of the past and we are going to invent something ...5 comments 5 Recs
- Down the street from my home in NYC there is a shoddy junk yard, and painted on the wall facing the street is a sign that says "Take the stones they throw at you and use them to build your castle." ...73 comments 174 Recs
- Awwww, poor Dubya got his feelings ...260 comments 76 Recs
- Yes, that's KKK. If the hood fits, wear it Mr. Koch. Your old man was a Bircher and you have continued the ignorant hate. Your father fought against the Civil Right Act of 1964, and you have ...155 comments 201 Recs
- Real estate developer Donald Trump unleashed a tirade of profanity in a speech at a boisterous Las Vegas casino as he assured a crowd of adoring supporters Thursday night that he is ...48 comments 16 Recs
- The beginnings of an advertiser boycott of race-baiting Donald Trump's NBC show "The Apprentice" is taking shape. Today Groupon announced that it will block its advertisements from appearing on The ...182 comments 426 Recs
- This was an okay day.22 comments 30 Recs
- No current results.