Posting History for mbayrob
|Remember to Vote Today in California (UPDATED with poll locations)
This is going to be too short to be a real diary, but it's for an important cause. Today, along the Central Coast of California (roughly, from parts of Santa Clara county and north Santa Cruz ...
|They're Voting Today To Kill California
As I write this, California Democrats in the State Assembly (and likely the State Senate as well) are caucusing, considering some 28 different bills that make up the so-called budget deal that came ...
|Another Month, and Feinstein Still Screws Us On Health Care
Cross Posted From [http://www.calitics.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=9430 Calitics] It's been almost a month since Jason Rosenbaum's diary Senator Feinstein, Stop Nay-Saying On Health Reform. ...
|Patriotism With A Liberal Heart
It's less chic to make this criticism than it once was, but back in the Vietnam era, displays of patriotism lost their luster for many Americans. Patriotism got mixed up with the worship of using ...
|I'll be back... with the cash
It's now official. The Late, Great State of California is now officially out of money, and all we have left are ...
|Who knew David Brooks could be right?
Generally speaking, there's no body more risible on the New York Times than David "Bobo" Brooks. A neocon and a movement conservative, he's hitched himself to every bad cause the Bush ...
|And now for something completely different
This will be a relatively short diary, but since I don't think this has come up around here yet: the identity of The Eleventh Doctor has just been revealed. So what the hell am I talking about? I'...
|"A struggle we seem to be losing"
Paul Krugman has [http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/08/opinion/08krugman.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin a very good, if scary column] for Monday's New York Times. Here's the money quote: The ...
|The GOP Horror Show: ideological radicalism and malfeasance edition
Joe Klein, as we're increasingly seeing, has signed a Wheaties endorsement deal and fallen off the Straight Talk Express. Big time. Via Kevin Drumm's [http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2008/09/...
|Uppity -- From Karl Rove's Thesaurus
Jake Tapper, a political reporter for ABC News, did a piece yesterday that got some deserved criticism. He wrote , ...
|Brian Of Nazareth
Because like everyone else tonight, I don't want to be left out either, because like everyone else, I AM AN ...
|How *Not* To Make Friends And Influence People (Updated!)
Updated: with less, um, graphic photos The last week has not been the most fun we've had around here in Kos-ville. People are of two minds about how our candidate Barack handled the FISA ...
|Obama and the Populist "Threat"
As DHinMI points out in his front page diary ( Repub Congressman Diagnoses GOP Illness, Declares Them Terminal ), Tom ...
|Stealing California On Halloween
They came from Giuliani.... It's Halloween, and Count Giuliani's undead minions are wandering the streets of Santa Cruz County.
|ACTION: Is California Getting Enough National Guard?
Kossacks, I could use a bit of help trying to answer a question: is the war in Iraq preventing the National Guard from doing what's needed now in Southern California? I don't know the answer, ...
|Speaking with a forked tongue on the News Hour
I've just viewed tonight's PBS Newshour , and I can't say I'm happy about it. One of tonight's segments ...
|What Digby Said
Digby, the Sage Of Santa Monica, has seen Michael Moore's SiCKO, and she is mad as hell : ...
|Rep. Conyers Takes On The Insurance Companies
I just got this from the California Nurses Association, the kick-butt union that has been working with Michael Moore to promote SiCKO, and the idea of universal, single payer health care for America:
|Down With The King
Enough of Bush's Tories and Corporate Cronies. Independence Day is here, and it is incumbent upon us all to declare our Liberty: When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for ...
|SICKO: Unmasking The Industry Puppeteers
Cross-posted at MyDD LithiumCola did ...
For years, many of us fought for what's now known as the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act (BCRA)-- or as most people call it, McCain-Feingold. It wasn't much of a reform, but many of us thought ...
|After CAFTA: Who Will Run Against Diane Feinstein||mbayrob||06/30/2005||13||1||-||-|
|Arnold To Declare Special Election On Monday June 13th||mbayrob||06/11/2005||32||11||-||-|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by mbayrob
- It's the real thing! (Courtesy AMCtv) It doesn't matter if Don Draper literally is the person who'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony . It really doesn't. ...51 comments 32 Recs
- Composite Picture of MIT by Wen Zeng Last week NPR ran a story about recent suicides at MIT which highlighted ...8 comments 11 Recs
- Coma-Doof Warrior plays some chords and expels some fire in George Miller's 'Mad Max: Fury Road' It's the year 2015, and the future isn't exactly the place many have dreamed about. While we might ...53 comments 37 Recs
- Relishes the thought of the Democratic Party being able to proudly state, especially in the American South, that we want to put a Jewish carpenter in the White House, should Senator Sanders become ...23 comments 39 Recs
- Yeah, that's right, I'll say it: Luis Lang is a fool and a hypocrite. Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall has a story about a guy in South Carolina named Luis Lang who's in a nasty situation ...558 comments 677 Recs
- You are. That's right, YOU, the American consumer. Because you just go out and buy gobs and gobs of shit and you don't give a damn if its made here or not. And because you do that, there is ...595 comments 320 Recs
- The Oregon coast is a part of the larger Northwest Coast culture area which stretches from the Tlingit homelands in Alaska to the Tolowa homelands in northern California. The cultures along this ...20 comments 82 Recs
- One headline is enough: UK Labour competes with Conservatives over most business-friendly pro-austerity manifesto. A manifesto, for those of you not familiar with the UK, is like a party platform ...124 comments 75 Recs
- The Ute Indians, for whom the state of Utah is named, had an aboriginal homeland which included much of the present-day states of Colorado and Utah as well as portions of New Mexico and Arizona. The ...4 comments 29 Recs
- The sign behind him was supposed to say IDIOT, but nobody could spell it. The supposed _Jade Helm 15_ conspiracy may be the single stupidest thing to come out of Texas in 20 years, and for a state ...363 comments 307 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.