Posting History for megisi
|Nanapush walks a winding road
Listen. This is a story.
|Indians 1 Bigots 0: The Power of Active Indian Dissent Puts 'Pocahotass' on Ice
First they offered us the usual lip service about “honoring Native American culture,” then they offered us blankets and derided us as drunks and whiners. But, in the end, it was the bigots who ...
|Reclaiming Justice Marshall: a few random thoughts
In 1930, the same year that a young Thurgood Marshall was told that the University of Maryland had no place for him in its law school because of the color of his skin, William Faulkner’s ...
|White House turns its back on proposed solution to Asian carp invasion
Call it a “hostile takeover” or a “slow-motion disaster,” but, either way, the threat the Asian carp poses to the Great Lakes is real and growing. And we discover today we&...
|Barack's back, bigotry and marching in lockstep - a few thoughts
Someone once said that bigotry is the anger of those who have no opinions. I’m beginning to wonder. The only organization I know of that functions well when blind acceptance is enforced ...
|Let's name that new consulting firm, shall we?
As long as Condoleezza Rice and Stephen Hadley aren't going to prison, they might as well stay busy, right? Word comes to us via TPM that these "two top Bush administration officials, whose ...
|Death of (yet another) Icon
O, wretched excess, what do you have to say for yourself now? With the death of yet another American cultural icon this weekend, arguments can now be expected to run non-stop over whether this ...
|It's all just one big 'smackdown' here, isn't it?
Obama smacks down Cheney. Hillary smacks down Obama. Obama smacks down back. Edwards smacks himself down over bloggers. Vilsack, too. Moulitsas smacks down both Kucinich and his nutty ...
|Bush employs cut-and-run to stifle corruption probes in Iraq||megisi||11/03/2006||9||8||1||3|
|Growing GOP split is deep and not easily repaired||megisi||10/20/2006||3||10||-||18|
|Foley had the booze, the priest and the pills||megisi||10/19/2006||25||-||-||1|
|Own the language, own the people ... thoughts on the Spanish anthem||megisi||04/28/2006||68||21||3||49|
|Peace grannies bring integrity, courage (and a happy ending) to antiwar movement||megisi||04/27/2006||2||6||-||1|
|Pat Robertson's cash fuels pharmacy clash||megisi||01/28/2006||20||12||-||6|
|Crystal ball warnings before Sago mine disaster||megisi||01/11/2006||3||2||1||2|
|Can we talk now? Michigan religious fanatics harm Bush's `faith-based' initiative||megisi||12/07/2005||8||19||-||13|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by megisi
- Good morning, readers and book lovers, welcome to another open forum, because—get ready for this—no one has contributed a diary about a life-changing book! Shame, really, but we’ll bravely ...119 comments 33 Recs
- Mascots as well as the honorees of schools' names have been much in the news recently, from the mascot of the NFL franchise in Washington, D.C. to the honoree of Nathan Bedford Forrest High School ...13 comments 17 Recs
- When they aren’t attacking the President’s healthcare plans or the Democrats’ efforts to increase the minimum wage, the Tea Party can be found engaging in disgusting racism at all levels. ...26 comments 2 Recs
- We can't win here, so lets do the GOP's work for them. So says a "longtime Obama aide," ...326 comments 281 Recs
- (Click to enlarge) The Obama administration's plan to cut Social Security benefits boggles the mind. In addition to being unnecessary and cruel, it'...95 comments 86 Recs
- Olympic Gold Medal swimmer - Cullen Jones Blacks and Latinos CAN swim. Commentary by Black Kos Editor Denise Oliver Velez While net-surfing ran ...125 comments 85 Recs
- Crossposted on 43rd State Blues On Saturday, April 27th, 2013 the most anticipated cultural showcase in the Pacific Northwest returns to Boise State University. Considered to be one of the most ...1 comments 1 Recs
- The corporate jets Steve Wynn and Rupert Murdoch fly on probably make Rush Limbaugh's jet (seen here) look like Fung Wah.59 comments 31 Recs
- Today marks Equal Pay Day in the United States, a date noted on the calendar every year to symbolize how far into 2013 women must work to earn what men earned in 2012. While we, both as a state ...4 comments 6 Recs
- Tampa Bay Times Three years after the worst environmental disaster in US history, new research from the University of South Florida (USF) finds that the oil that spewed into the Gulf of Mexico ...158 comments 260 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.