Below you'll find recent contributions related to miguelmas1's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Administration puts pressure on Senate to save some form of NSA collection program
The White House is increasing pressure on the Senate ...
|Immigration activists vow Republicans will rue anti-immigration court ruling||Joan McCarter||05/27/2015||29|
|Florida Senate offers Medicaid compromise, Rick Scott and the Kochs reject it
Florida's Senate President Andy Gardner ...
|After a massive NSA spanking, McConnell tries to regroup
The Senate did something remarkable in the early hours of ...
|This report blows the cover of secretive conservative shop pushing right-wing legislation
An Atlanta, Georgia television station has made national news with its fantastic ...
|Kochs planning to take the wheel in the Republican clown car
David Koch will keep the rabble out.
|Yes, Republicans are still flailing on that Obamacare replacement plan
Sorry, Sen. Johnson. The House just doesn't care about your political prospects. Things are getting just slightly urgent for Republicans faced with the possibility that the Supreme Court will ...
|Congress's intent on Obamacare is clear, but will the Supreme Court care?
|McConnell's NSA ploy fails, Senate blocks Patriot Act extension
The Senate provided a scene of remarkable drama in the ...
|When is a campaign not a campaign? When it's Jeb Bush's!||Joan McCarter||05/22/2015||26|
|Obamacare got 12 million insured, now Congress has to fix the system for all the underinsured
Healthcare reform is not done. Not by a long shot. While Obamacare has gone a very long way ...
|Export-Import Bank issue promises more Republican strife
Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-TX) Sen.
|States explore teaming up on Obamacare exchanges
Running health insurance exchanges, states have found, is a complicated and expensive proposition. For a handful of states, that meant opting to use the federal Obamacare exchange, which is now ...
|Obama administration throws Rick Scott a temporary Medicaid bone
The Obama administration has offered Florida Gov. Rick Scott a partial compromise in Scott'
|The Republican replacement plan for Obamacare in one graphic
That's Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT) on the Senate floor Thursday, summing up the Republican plan for the millions of Americans who could lose health insurance with the Supreme Court's King v. Burwell ...
|What does defense spending have to do with endangered species? Everything, for Republicans
Rep. Jackie Speier (D-CA) was not impressed. The House passed the National Defense Authorization Act this week, and while much of the ...
|Trade Promotion Authority vote secured on Export-Import Bank promise
Thursday morning, the ...
|NSA fight in Senate bleeds into weekend
The administration has sent dire warnings about NSA having to shut down ...
|Jeb Bush touts failed Florida Medicaid experiment
Jeb Bush apparently thinks the "compassionate conservative" idea that his brother so cynically ran on will work for him, too. He's using his Medicaid experience in Florida as evidence that he ...
|Senate advances Trade Promotion Authority bill
The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...
|House does something productive, but McConnell's Senate is there to potentially mess it up
The House did something productive this week. Well, semi-productive. ...
|12 million private Obamacare plan sign-ups. What are you going to do with that, Republicans?
Charles Gaba calls it : 12 million people have signed up for health insurance through the Obamacare exchanges. Over 9 million, according ...
|Republicans in disarray over NSA reform
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell still insists that the PATRIOT Act provision ...
|Utah police chief: We need to expand Medicaid to help fight crime
This is one of the best arguments for Medicaid expansion ...
|Former CBO director: We always assumed every state would get Obamacare subsidies
Former CBO Director Doug ...
|Fox News says President Obama is disarming the nation's cops
How do you suppose Fox News reacted to President Obama's executive order ...
|House, Senate Republicans fracturing over NSA reform
|Obamacare is great for family values
More people with young children are taking advantage ...
|Panic starts to set in among some Republicans over Supreme Court Obamacare decision
He'll get right on that. You ...
|The people who were right then about Iraq demand traditional media stop rewriting history
As some in the traditional media have a field day tormenting would-be Republican presidents with the hypothetical "if you knew then what you know now" on Iraq, the large universe of us who knew ...
Recommended by miguelmas1
- The petitions on the White House website initially took about 5,000 signatures to have an official response from the White House. That was then raised to 25,000 signatures to merit an official ...325 comments 66 Recs
- When I was elected to Congress in 2008, I asked to join the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE). Why? Because I was a government employee. The AFGE negotiates benefits for government ...28 comments 96 Recs
- For jo fish, swampyankee, BOHICA and all the other rotorheads Thanks, guys!47 comments 29 Recs
- Another disinformation campaign to falsify the history of the mortgage crisis, and to double down on past failures.67 comments 77 Recs
- BREAKING: Is an Arizona Police Dept thru ICE Targeting and Raiding the homes of DREAM Act activists?Erika Andiola is an Arizona DREAM Act student and prominent activist, and it appears her home may have been raided and targeted for retaliation purposes. According to Jose Penalosa, Arizona ...4 comments 8 Recs
- The New York Times' Nicholas Confessore commits some excellent journalism with this story about "Fix the Debt," the coalition of extremely well-63 comments 95 Recs
- With Bill Moyers, Paul Krugman discusses President Obama's choice for Treasury Secretary, Jack Lew, as well as his reaction to public support for seeing Krugman himself in that job . "I probably ...133 comments 320 Recs
- Texas Starts Early on Voter Suppression Efforts, Files Supreme Court Brief Against Voting Rights ActTexas has a major problem with section five of the Voting Rights Act. For those unfamiliar, this is the portion of that law that requires certain states - because of their nefarious actions in the ...59 comments 81 Recs
- Barney Frank, the next senator from Massachusetts? ...146 comments 96 Recs
- The San Jose Mercury News has a message for home state senators Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer, two Democrats who are undecided about whether to vote for real, effective filibuster reform:68 comments 98 Recs
- No current results.