Below you'll find recent contributions related to mijita's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Open thread for night owls: Too many of the people in Washington do not rep those who elected them
Blast from the Past . At Daily Kos on this date in 2014 — Texas legislature gives 1.5 million poor residents the finger :It's not enough just to ...
|SpiritSisters: Writing In Women's Voices. New diary series
||Denise Oliver Velez||05/28/2015||98|
|EPI: Government's state jobs report for April shows recovery still plodding
Click here and scroll briefly for an interactive version of this map.
|Midday open thread: Is rent out of reach? Col. Graham retiring; Cubans not keen on Marco Rubio
Today's comic by Ruben Bolling is Introducing Louis 'Flash' Maltby :
|Income inequality reflected in mental health statistics, according to new study
A new study from the Centers for Disease Control— Serious Psychological Distress Among Adults: United States, 2009–2013 —confirms what common sense and the experts have long told us: The ...
|Could Jeb Bush's time on boards of corporations with legal troubles become a 2016 focus?
Busy, busy, busy. Ron Green at the Associated Press has taken a look at all the corporate and non-profit boards and advisory boards Jeb Bush has served on since he ...
|No, Sanders isn't gaining on Clinton, but that doesn't mean he hasn't won
He's already won. Believe it or not (I didn't at first), Hillary's primary poll ...
|Question: if Sanders isn't 'serious', then neither are most GOP presidential wannabees
More popular than the jokers in the GOP side. Here is the ...
|Nebraskan lawmakers override Gov. Pete Ricketts's veto to abolish state death penalty
State Sen. Ernie Chambers finally won his 38-year battle to get Nebraska's death penalty repealed. With Wednesday's override vote in its one-house legislature, Nebraska ...
|Spotlight on green news & views: Shooting a black rhino for fun; extreme rainfall; protesting Shell
Check out OceanDiver's post . Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention they deserve. To help get more eyeballs,
|Midday open thread: Drug cartel builds CCTV network; 'clickbait' enters dictionary; microbead ban
Today's comic by Matt Bors is Reasonable measures :
|Big media's sneering, dismissive coverage of Bernie Sanders is a plague on democracy
The media are more interested in ...
|Open thread for night owls. Cole: Kaplan's call for renewed imperialism in Middle East is boneheaded
Let's have some more cakewalks, 'kay? Robert D. Kaplan recently wrote a piece (behind a paywall) saying it's time to bring imperialism back to the ...
|Sanders makes run official: If people 'fight back, there is nothing that can’t be accomplished'
In a speech peppered with introductory "brothers and sisters," Sen. Bernie Sanders on Tuesday made official his entry into the primary battle for the Democratic presidential nomination framed by ...
|Livestreaming Bernie Sanders's official announcement of his candidacy for the Democratic nomination
You can watch it Live now. Why Bernie matters: A 2016 primary run by Bernie ...
|Taking Marco Rubio at his word, Republicans are clear and present danger to Catholic Church
Pope Francis You might'...
|Midday open thread: Democrats and climate change; perpetual war; Sanders to make it official
Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is Pro-life, Boko Haram style :
|Most House Republicans stand with President Obama on fast-tracking, most Democrats still against
Fighting it to the end. Thanks to 14 Democrats joining all-but-five Senate Republicans in approving fast-track trade legislation last week, it's now up to the House, which is where most close ...
|Open thread for night owls. On Memorial Day, remember: 'They didn't fall, they were pushed'
Flag-draped caskets on their way back from Iraq to the United States. Ray McGovern writes— Remember This on Memorial ...
|Midday open thread: Middle East needs imperialism? Emissions controls to slash coal; Kincannon flips
Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is The bad intelligence : What you may have missed on ...
|Original Americans forgotten on Memorial Day
The All-Nations Native American Veterans Memorial in Jefferson, Oregon [This is an edited and updated reprise of an essay first written for Memorial Day in 2010.] My ...
|Abbreviated pundit round-up: Young people getting shafted on pay; the real first Memorial Day
E.J. Dionne Jr. at The Washington Post writes The right’s political correctness : Accommodating right-wing primary voters poses real risks to the party in next year’s elections. Its candidates’
|The Justice Department on Netroots Radio Presents: "The Streets of His Soldier Mind"
|Open thread for night owls. A reprise: 'Lies, Damned Lies, a Searchable Database of Lies'||Meteor Blades||05/24/2015||71|
|Sanders: Campaign coverage should focus on issues instead of outrage, gossip and Facebook comments||Meteor Blades||05/24/2015||177|
|How did you begin to unlearn racism?
Overpass Light Brigade, "Unlearn Racism" When the Overpass Light Brigade brought the message of " ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/24/2015||518|
|This week at progressive state blogs: Gov. Kasich plays the suckers; Gov. Bryant writes a dumb op-ed
This week in progressive state blogs is designed specifically to focus attention on the writing and analysis of people focused on their home turf. Let me know via comments or Kosmail if you have a ...
|Spotlight on green news & views: Oil spills; the melting poles; Jeb Bush's climate change arrogance
See OceanDiver's post . Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention they deserve. To help get more eyeballs, Spotlight on Green ...
|Open thread for night owls. OECD: Growing global inequality gap 'has reached a tipping point'
Nadia Prupis at Common Dreams, writes Growing Global Inequality Gap 'Has Reached a Tipping Point' : With the gap between the rich and poor growing worldwide, ...
|Obamacare Saves Sight, Obamacare Saves Lives. StDD~ Week 39
Daily Kos' own ObamaCare guru, Brainwrap, has recently highlighted the story of Luis Lang in a number of posts here , here , here , ...
|Midday open thread: Huckabee backs Ten Commandments BS; DNI keeps bin Laden porn to itself
Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Jeb Bush and Brotherly Love :
|Politico takes a whack at Warren in a lengthy, trade-related hit piece
Politico's nothingburger story on Warren's ...
|Yup, Clinton can tell the Beltway media to go to hell
Heavens! Is that Hillary with some "everyday Americans"? BLASPHEMY! The same day I lauded ...
|Open thread for night owls. Democracy Now interviews Matt Taibbi on confessed bank crooks
Matt Taibbi Amy Goodman interviewed Rolling Stone journalist Matt Taibbi on the news that the five banks—Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, Barclays, Royal Bank of ...
|This Week in the War on Women
Last Sunday was Mother's Day, a Hallmark holiday as fraught with ambivalence as any. As I read friends' tributes to their living or dead mothers on Facebook, I wondered why I never really cared ...
|Link found between anti-abortion attitudes and sexism
And a few other things, too. ...
|Abortion Not a Big Issue For You? You're Missing Out On Political Truth Serum!
Knowing a politician's stance and votes on reproductive rights is the equivalent of hearing them speak after giving them a dose of truth serum. - It's self-evident that Republican politicians who ...
|Spotlight on Courage ~ StDDs Week 37
No! Poverty is not to be blamed for the murder of Michael Brown. Lack of opportunities did not take the life of Freddie Gray. The "absent black father" was not responsible for killing Walter Scott. ...
Recommended by mijita
- Dana Milbank wonders if Israel has seen its last democratic election. Eleven years ago, I carried my infant daughter into a synagogue basement and plunged her tiny body, head to toe, underwater. ... ...130 comments 87 Recs
- Guest blog by Dorit Rubinstein Reiss. Dr. Reiss is a Professor of Law at the University of California Hastings College of the Law ...28 comments 57 Recs
- Brilliant! Why hasn't anyone thought of this sooner? If you are in debt, from medical issues or what have you, most companies sell that debt to a debt collection company that hounds you to pay it ...497 comments 968 Recs
- That was a tweet by David Frum , former Bush speechwriter, yesterday. Perhaps he has a point there. Maybe this election shows us there's something to this looking at the evidence, all the evidence (...9 comments 23 Recs
- In all the excitement tonight, I feel that I should also mention something else that could possible lead to another star on our flag. The great people of Puerto Rico had a referendum tonight to see ...111 comments 97 Recs
- with MSNBC's call of Ohio -- he secures 274 electoral votes and a second term. Whew!4 comments 3 Recs
- A Tea Party member elected to Congress two years ago is going down in Illinois. He claims women don't need abortions, even to save their lives. And, he neglected to pay child support for his own ...5 comments 14 Recs
- It isn't asking a whole lot to not be dismissive of an intelligent person who is giving a healthy dose of reality to the world at large on a regular basis, and who recently came under active attack ...268 comments 881 Recs
- This will be very brief. Tonight, right now, while speaking in Des Moines, IA about how his campaign started there in a small office right behind where he was speaking, the President became ...65 comments 81 Recs
- This diary is part of a continuing series documenting the experiences of someone diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome. If you want to start from the beginning, click here . Good Evening, all. Since ...8 comments 7 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.