Posting History for mntleo2
|TPer Temper Tantrums
Hey TPers. obviously your mom didn't ignore you when you threw yourself down on the floor and had a royal hissy fit because you did not get your way. These were the moms and dads who ran in there ...
|Homeless in Seattle
My name is Cat Sullivan and I am a long time advocate and activist for low income people. I am a lifelong Seattle resident although at this time I live outside of Seattle because being low income ...
|Poverty And The Digital Divide
Horace Bothroyd III recently wrote an article about his frustrations on trying to be in the mainstream as far as any electronic access. His difficulties are a common theme for many of us who live as "
|Ramadan Love From A Christian
In the weeks after 911, I was attending college and saw that my Muslim sisters were noticeably absent from school. So I began to wear a head scarf in solidarity with them. But I learned quickly ...
|It Is A Sin Against God To Be Rich
I was asked to expand a comment I made into a diary here: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/27/1174195/-Why-Do-Fundy-Christians-Love-the-Rich-and-Hate-the-Poor, so here goes. I am no ...
|Romney is the Welfare Queen, Not Low Income Moms
God I am mad about this welfare "debate". Here is my answer while spitting nails to R-Money AND Progressives: Hatred of the poor is rampant and long lasting. Over 15 years ago when Welfare Reform ...
|She Died Alone
I am a long time activist for low income people. I hear tragic stories every day and when I bring them to my legislators or stakeholders, I usually get a big yawn. I will most likely get the same ...
|Never Too Rich ~ Or Too Poor
Many of us who have been decades-long activists and advocates for low income people and who are savvy to the conditions of poverty, lament a great deal about the media's concentration on the middle ...
|Message to Pastor Leftrev
I wrote the following as a comment to Leftrev's diary about his church member Andrea . I decided to ...
|My US Ways and Means Testimony
August 4, 2011 Testimony For Work and Other Welfare Goals I could not help but notice that on the front page of the US Ways and Means website is a BIG announcement proudly ...
|The Poor DO Pay Taxes Dammit!
Over and over I am hearing the meme that, "the poor do not pay taxes". WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! Please People try to focus here. I am a low income person, and I can tell you I pay more taxes than ...
|ArcaMax Are Walker Tools
I don't remember how I got subscribed to ArcaMax, probably some dummass pol I took or something. They send out those junk emails and cartoons. I usually just deleted them anyway because most of ...
|Taxation and Hatred of the Poor ~ Response To Democrat Ramshield
On Sunday Democrat Ramshields, an expat liing in Europe, wondered why American has such a terrible safety net http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/9/12/64054/5167. Some Americans say in defense of ...
|Thanks to CPS, Robin Committed Suicide Last Week
Perhaps there is a smugness when we read about another child abuse case at the hands of a parent. We believe that the case worker is "damned if she does, damned if she doesn't". However we are not ...
|Michal Moore is Right ~ Gatekeepers For The Poor in DC
I was in DC at the end of last month with a group of women called "Women for Economic Justice (WEJ). We were testifying on the abysmal failure of Welfare Reform called Temporary Assistance to Needy ...
|Congress, Women's Work and Welfare Reform
This coming Thursday I am testifying before the U.S. House in Washington DC for TANF re-authorization. This is the re-visiting of what is supposed to be done for (mostly) low income families in ...
|Being Poor Is Not An Equal Right To Speech
I am just wondering how it is rich corporations have this "freedom of speech" that the SCOTUS is talking about, now there is no equal access for low income "persons" to get the same free speech ...
|Healthcare and Why Do The Poor Pay More Taxes Than The Rich?
When it comes to paying taxes, if any class are the patriots, it is the down trodden, the homeless, the lowest class, even welfare mothers who actually pay more taxes than the rich ever thought of ...
|From Today, I Won't Have To Lie ...
As a white woman who has worked for social justice all my adult life, I am in awe of this day. I have seen the progression of racism in my lifetime from separate drinking fountains for people of ...
|They Told Us We Had WMD's Too
I am just a low income observer of all that is going on with the Wall Street "meltdown". I listened yesterday to the pundit's chatter, read everything I know of on the Net, read some newspaper ...
|I Am 'Whitey'
...as an older white woman who stood for civil rights and remembers the "whites only" signs and the segregation as well as the redlining that occurs to this day, I wonder why people are so upset at ...
|Impeachment Reply: Thank You Rep Inslee!
Caring deeply about the impeachment issues and along with hundreds of thousands of other Americans who wrote to their congress people, I wrote to Representative Inslee. Representative Inslee wrote ...
|Mr Feldman: What John Dean Said ON FDL
I had the privilege to participate in the book talk with John Dean on Firedoglake yesterday and he gave me an ...
|N.O.W's Hillary Clinton Endorsement
I have sent this letter to the National Organization for Women in hopes they and Ms Clinton will listen, but I am not holding my breath ... Dear N.O.W.: I am writing about your recent endorsement ...
|Hey Bill-O, why aren't you calling Freepers cannibals?
...this "controversy" makes me mad and I am going to tell the world why. Some well known members over at Free Republic actually did hasten the death of someone dear to me and who was dear to many ...
|Dems Should Lose 2008, Here's Why
I have been thinking about this for awhile. I am just a little person and no political analyst, but it is just beginning to make sense because we are walking into a mess to clean up that should not ...
|Jury Of Our Peers And Class War
I know, I know, we are dealing the Iraq vote today and all. But it just seems like our Monday morning crowd might also like to digest more hubris by the media and the rich people who own it. A ...
|An Evening With Jim McDermott
I was privileged to be a guest of my friend Jean Colman of Welfare rights Organizing Coalition who was being honored by Representative Jim McDermott at his Potato Festival. (http://www.wroc.org give ...
|On Vaginas, Yahoo, Hotmail, And MSN
Here is the story: High School girls being punished for using the word "vagina" are not the only ones being hassled for using such a subversive word.
|The State Is An Abusive Parent And What Can Be Done About it?||mntleo2||09/23/2006||9||11||-||-|
|I Am Guest Columnist In Today's Seattle PI!!!||mntleo2||08/29/2006||8||22||-||9|
|One Day In The Life Of A Single Low-Income Mom||mntleo2||08/22/2006||63||33||-||20|
|Governor Richardson ...||mntleo2||07/29/2006||10||31||-||5|
|Ooo, I Wish I Could "Moon" SCOTUS!||mntleo2||06/29/2006||4||2||-||-|
|Open Letter To Paula Zahn||mntleo2||04/11/2006||12||3||-||-|
|Update: The Despicable Heritage Foundation||mntleo2||03/11/2006||5||3||1||-|
|Re-Vote On House Budget Possible!!!||mntleo2||02/12/2006||1||3||1||-|
|Open Letter To Representative Murtha||mntleo2||11/21/2005||-||3||-||-|
|Keystone UCC Supports CA Episcopal Church In Speaking Out!||mntleo2||11/13/2005||3||7||-||-|
|NO: How Can You Leave When They Won't Let You Out?||mntleo2||09/07/2005||1||1||1||-|
|Funeral For A Friend||mntleo2||07/17/2005||4||5||-||7|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by mntleo2
- I visited BFSkinner in the hospital this afternoon. He is no longer bleeding. He did *not* have a vena cava filter placed, and there is no plan for him to have one implanted at this time. He ...31 comments 79 Recs
- Last night I mentally and emotionally unburdened myself and the community came through for me with encouraging words and support, so I figure you all deserve the rest of the sordid tale. All names ...23 comments 79 Recs
- Chanute, KS isn't one of the first names you'd think of as an area of the state with a progressive, populist attitude. Ensconced in small Neosho County, Kansas, Chanute is more famous for the ...63 comments 174 Recs
- Calling on Washington State Kossacks to put some adrenaline into the mix. It's time. Time for a carbon tax reality check: There are only two carbon pricing policies on the table in Washington ...8 comments 22 Recs
- Just take it easy Four Swedish police officers, riding on New York City's 6 train, had to go back to work briefly, in order to subdue two ...325 comments 274 Recs
- Awesome prom proposal! Ahhh, spring is in the air. Birds are nesting, flowers are blooming and tuxedo rental shops are bustling with business for a busy prom season. Anthony Martinez is an ...75 comments 237 Recs
- $343 is not that much money...but it is needed by tomorrow. I posted a diary earlier via the Daily Kos Fund Raisers group, but it didn't get much attention and only raised $60 - which I and Fineena ...194 comments 341 Recs
- A short bus trip to the supermarket turned out to include a spiritual experience. No sooner did I get on the bus than someone directly behind me began coughing and hacking and it seemed as if he ...245 comments 289 Recs
- A lot has changed since my last diary SO long ago. When we last spoke back in October I bitched about being a cashier for The Man. I said I wanted out. I'm still a cashier at a grocery store, but ...18 comments 43 Recs
- A couple of ladies were chatting near my cash register the other day after their lunch, as one admired the other's wallet. "Oh, it was only five hundred dollars," she said to her friend. "I wish I'd ...513 comments 534 Recs
- No current results.