Below you'll find recent contributions related to necturus's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|This user has not yet added any favorites.|
Recommended by necturus
- Years ago I was puzzled by the use of the words Left and Right when it came to politics. I had heard descriptions such as "liberal, left-wing radicals" and "right-wing conservative Christians", and ...61 comments 55 Recs
- Editor’s Note: Since the financial crash of 2008, there has been a revival of interest in the writings of Karl Marx, especially among disenchanted millennials faced with bleak economic prospects ...7 comments 9 Recs
- This is breaking news... As reported by the Chicago Tribune (and other news outlets), the U.S. State Department has issued a worldwide terror alert to travelers. The U.S. State Department issued a ...527 comments 106 Recs
- This is the ninth diary of a series on excuses for "why we can't have socialism." The argument that goes that socialism is impossible because capitalism will last indefinitely, and prevent any and ...88 comments 65 Recs
- Eric Stetson's interesting diary the other day about the danger of young people leaving the center-right Democratic Party and going to the more cynical libertarian ideology got me thinking.366 comments 349 Recs
- This is What Extraction Looks Like I keep seeing this term “Production” used to describe the process of extracting a natural material and sending it on its way to becoming pollution. That’s ...26 comments 49 Recs
- There isn't a single political issue that isn't deeply affected and structured by the logic of capitalism. If this is true, then it entails that capitalism is the ground of all other political ...129 comments 68 Recs
- Most right-wing fanatics don't engage in anything one could call "logic" even deceptively: They don't care enough about morality and reason to even bother corrupting them - they just do whatever ...37 comments 34 Recs
- There are people who grow up believing the world to be a fair and just place. Bad guys will eventually get what’s coming to them. Good guys win in the end. If someone is doing wrong in your ...229 comments 392 Recs
- (also at VOTS ) My socialism diary today was prompted by this otherwise laudable video , now making the rounds on Facebook: Short synopsis: most people think ...70 comments 52 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.