Posting History for nimh
|Israeli elections: Despite all the sound and fury, the results by 'block' show astounding stability
It's 7 AM in Israel, 6 AM where I'm at, and I tried to compile a Google Sheet to compare the results of the Israeli elections today with those of 2013 . It's based on: (a) The Israeli Election ...
|Not so quiet before the storm: Local elections in Budapest, Hungary
For the third time in a year, on October 12, Hungary is having elections, this time for mayors and municipal councils. They're predictably depressing. If you want to know more about them anyway, go ...
|Five simple line charts re: Stephen Wolf's epic first Appalachian diary
Stephen Wolf published an awe-inspiring, comprehensive diary here last month about what an Appalachian state would look like, demographically and politically speaking. Substantively, I have nothing ...
|Income, education and the Democratic vote: solving the paradox
If you are like me, you have always wondered about a puzzling aspect of the Presidential exit polls, and that's the seeming contradiction between the exit poll data by income and by education. ...
|The Greeks are voting on their future tomorrow ... again. What have the polls looked like?
On May 6, Greece went to the polls for parliamentary elections which yielded a result so unwieldy that the leaders of the main political parties soon discovered that no government with a functional ...
|Elections in Denmark and Berlin
I posted some information about elections that took place in Denmark, last Thursday, and are taking place in the city state of Berlin, Germany, tomorrow, in the comments section of the open thread, ...
|Comparative performance of WI recall candidates
The DK Elections post earlier today by Steve about the Wisconsin recall ...
|Political digression: we didn't have yard signs...
There was some talk in the comments section of the DK Elections liveblog thread about the special elections in CA-36 on the role of yard signs. There'd been many for Huey, which had made some ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by nimh
- That's not my opinion. That's what the data says.287 comments 146 Recs
- An activist glues a poster for Socialist ...38 comments 38 Recs
- Selma will likely replace the TV miniseries Roots or the documentary Eyes on the Prize in the obligatory Martin Luther King Jr. viewing rotation. Selma is a fine movie. It is also a product of the ...502 comments 149 Recs
- Israel's politics are complicated, to say the least. They're also absolutely fascinating. Luckily for those of us who love to discuss elections, one is coming up quite soon, on March 17 to be exact.49 comments 30 Recs
- If only counting states swept by a single party since 2000, Democrats ...139 comments 59 Recs
- 103 comments 198 Recs
- In the wake of these midterm elections, the topic of the white working class vote has come up fairly often around here. One suggestion that was come up is for Democrats to embrace economic populism, ...49 comments 27 Recs
- Sen. Kay Hagan (D-NC) has seen her prospects for re-election take a slight, but potentially pivotal, dip. For anyone with kids, that has done hard time in a Chuck E. Cheese or some similarly kid-...95 comments 26 Recs
- 73 comments 46 Recs
- Wiyaka Eagleman on the left wearing the bright yellow tee shirt. That's Rick Weiland in the blue shirt.47 comments 172 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.