Posting History for ninothemindboggler
|Putting the cart before the horse on MOOCs
Saying that the MOOC debate rages on is rather like saying, "Mosquitoes bother me," yet I encounter that quotidian statement in pretty much every article I read regarding the issue. It probably doesn'
|Really? It is 2014, isn't it?
Dumbfounded, I don't know where to start with this other than this ill-considered comment by someone from my class regarding a fairly old essay, "Social Change ...
|Daily Caller publishes unsubstantiated Obama GPA story: hilarity (and racism) ensues
Gotta' watch them yokels once ya' let em' loose in the big city... Mere weeks after The Daily Caller (a site run by reanimated gopher corpse Tucker Carlson) achieved a journalistic coup by dredging ...
|6 reasons why Internet lists must DIE
Look, I’m really a live-and-let-live kind of guy. Ants in my kitchen? They’re cleaning up the place. Jehovah’s Witnesses got me out of the shower? I’ll stand and listen to them until every ...
|Sheriff Joe Arpaio shoots AZ GOP in the foot: a Maricopa County trifecta possible
Pretty much no Latino voter wants to see Sheriff Joe re-elected and that's the point of this post: As goes Sheriff Joe, so goes the rest of the GOP in Maricopa County. While national polls have ...
|Matt Taibbi pummels the media on destroying democracy
Thank God, someone finally said it (and said it well), calling bullshit on how the media sexes up elections, at the expense of substance, to keep all of us locked in the stupidity that has become ...
|Paul Ryan's 60 percent logic
Again, we have Mother Jones to thank for yet another telling video that allows Paul Ryan to express his utter disdain for working Americans: As Brett Brownell and Nick Baumann quoted in the ...
|47 percent? What about the 51 percent?
About 20 minutes into the debate, I turned to my wife and said, "Obama really needs to step it up if he's going to win this thing." (the debate). As we all know, that didn't happen. And while much ...
|The sky is blue: Faux News and WSJ ‘staggeringly misleading’ on climate science
A study released on Monday by the Union of Concerned Scientists (PDF) shows that, from February through July of this year, Faux News misled a full 93 percent on climate change issues while 81 ...
|Store manager humiliates woman using food stamps (Updated)
It's been well over a week since videos of Mitt making his disgusting "47 percent" remark were released (to essentially put the last nail in the coffin of his presidential bid) and a few days after ...
|Child of Mine: Doing right in a world gone wrong
This is my first time awaiting a child's return from a night out on the town, her out to see Flobots in a Scottsdale bar (there might be a few of you who get that). It helps that she's out with two ...
|Adventures in unemployment: F-ing with a predatory lender
It's been about a month since I moved to Phoenix from Pagosa Springs (don't ask why I'd leave Paradise for a veritable shit hole) and I've been forced to reconsider the freelance writing gig. So (Doh!
|Clint bails, Mitt FAILs
It wasn't just the rambling car wreck that was Clint Eastwood. I mean, what were they thinking beyond, "Yeah, the cranky old man said he supported Mitt," forgetting that, "He supports marriage ...
|Ezra Klein ruined my RNC fun today
Like most good Americans, I've been struck with "Republican Convention Fever!" (for which the only cure is to drink an ice-cold pitcher of Mint Juleps and then to run down the highway dressed as ...
|SECURITY ALERT: Disable Java or risk being Pwned
It's a race against the clock as wily hackers hunt for machines made vulnerable by the latest Java patch, a vulnerability that could, if exploited, allow a hacker to do everything a user can do on ...
|Nightcap time 8/27/12
I started this nightly post thing as an "open thread" kind of thing, something that I do at my blog , hoping to engage Kossacks in a free-flowing discussion over drinks (I provide a cocktail recipe, ...
|Nightcap time 8/26/12
Hello, Kos-and-effects... As you might have read in my last post (on my blog , too busy looking for places to live to post much here: mea culpa. As such, it's a V&T day. Ingredients: 3 oz. vodka ...
|The titans of my childhood: July 20, 1969
I'm blown away by the pictures sent back from the Curiosity Mars mission: The clarity is just amazing, given that the images have traveled something like 225 million kilometers (my best guess there, ...
|Bill Maher DESTROYS the GOP and their platform
I haven't seen a diary that has put this out there (sorry, I have kids and don't have time to lurk and lurk and lurk) but Bill Maher kills : New Rule: If your entire party tries to get rid of you,
|Mitt's horrible, awful week, for Pete's sake
Eight years from now, I wonder if this week will be remembered as the one where Mitt conceded the election, specifically with his selection of Randbot Paul Ryan (those lasers where human eyes ...
|Poor but not poor enough for Medicaid
What the AP reported yesterday was not news to all of us who have attempted to survive on wages far below the federal poverty line : Sandra Pico is poor, but not poor enough. She makes about $15,...
|Bolling and just another day in Fox sanctioned racism
I wonder if this white-hooded trash will ever see an unemployment line... my guess is Fox will keep him live because his racist drivel is "provocative" and helps sell soap. Another day in Fox ...
Some people say a man is made outta mud/A poor man’s made outta muscle and blood/Muscle and blood and skin and bones/A mind that’s a-weak and a back that’s strong. Mitt Romney, the ...
|Anti-U.N. paranoia in Colorado: Maes, Tancredo and Buck aren't alone
Funny how a story can rise up, months later, to have zombie lies come back to trap a candidate. This past weekend, Democrat Brian O'Donnell debated ...
|Family values? Whose family? Whose values?||ninothemindboggler||05/08/2006||10||11||1||5|
|Anderson Cooper: Fear monger||ninothemindboggler||04/13/2006||13||6||-||-|
|All the news that's fit to... what?!?||ninothemindboggler||09/08/2005||1||-||-||-|
|A little anecdotal relief from White House spin||ninothemindboggler||09/07/2005||9||3||-||-|
|Want to be sexy? Be liberal!||ninothemindboggler||09/06/2005||4||1||-||-|
|US Troops Targeting Families, Children in Iraq||ninothemindboggler||03/18/2005||7||2||-||-|
|Class Warfare For Christmas||ninothemindboggler||12/20/2004||1||-||-||-|
|Google Bomb Bill O'Reilly||ninothemindboggler||12/16/2004||16||2||-||11|
|Here There Be Boogeymen||ninothemindboggler||12/08/2004||2||-||-||-|
|An Indecent Proposal||ninothemindboggler||12/06/2004||1||1||-||-|
|First Thing We Do is Kill All the...||ninothemindboggler||12/05/2004||6||1||-||-|
|Red State Racism: Alabama as a Case Study||ninothemindboggler||12/05/2004||12||4||-||-|
|Red State Racism: The Example in South Carolina||ninothemindboggler||12/04/2004||6||5||-||-|
|Calling For a Change: The Democratic Party, Inside and Outside||ninothemindboggler||11/13/2004||2||2||-||-|
|Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition||ninothemindboggler||11/12/2004||3||-||-||-|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by ninothemindboggler
- Remember [http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/23/1173393/-OWS-Monitored-as-Terrorist-Org-by-FBI the breaking stories, just before Christmas], regarding FBI surveillance of Occupy Wall Street? Well,579 comments 501 Recs
- FBI documents FOIAd by the Partnership for Civil Justice Fund (PCJF) revealed that the FBI coordinated the violent crackdown on Occupy in partnership with the big banks and Federal Reserve offices ...179 comments 316 Recs
- I stopped working for a moment, lit a cigarette and thought to myself, “How did I get here?" How did I come to be standing in a muddy ditch, chin deep in thorn bushes wiping mouse piss off my hands?63 comments 169 Recs
- Since we're seeing the religious right, at least the people who professionally oppose marriage equality, starting to unravel in the aftermath of this election, I thought I'd tell you a nineteenth ...80 comments 127 Recs
- If there was not reason enough already to commute the sentence of CIA whistleblower John Kiriakou, then surely CIA heir apparent Michael Vickers leaking the name of an undercover U.S. Special ...42 comments 138 Recs
- Staff meeting first thing in the morning. The superintendent addressed the staff with some new changes. First, every classroom will be locked and the doors will be closed during instructional time. ...183 comments 231 Recs
- There's a secret killer. Something that you probably have ignored, or dismissed many times. And it's something who's power and reach is growing relentlessly, with NO end in site.110 comments 84 Recs
- Hey, guys. Pestilence here. The other riders and I are pretty busy lately, but we wanted to take a moment and make something clear. In the days ahead many of you will be deploying some pretty ...66 comments 299 Recs
- Back in 2009, ABC's 20/20 had a segment where they gave some participants more training than necessary in order to get a concealed-carry permit in many states. Only six states, for instance, ...167 comments 247 Recs
- Another inevitability in the wake of a gun-related tragedy is the expression of the idea that we should focus our prevention efforts not on guns, but on mental illness. Now, I have no problem with ...140 comments 210 Recs
- No current results.