Posting History for nolagrl
|The failed coup d'etat
The subtext of the SOTUA was the trap shutting on the stupidest and most intelligent attempt to re-instate a corporate feudal system since the last one they fell into. What I saw was a failed ...
|Pearl Harbor, Mon Amour
Today, I raise a glass to director John Ford, the person most responsible for my Doctorate in American Studies. Then I raise my middle finger to him. Ford has us hard wired, even now. His ...
|My Little Blogee- On Sabbatical
We are declaring ourselves (my brilliant, PTSD musician husband, two puppy mill refugee Bull Terriers, both with PTSD, 2 cats, both entertained by our Addams-esque antics, and me, your PTSD/MST ...
|Chidlren's televison as cultural influence.
We of the Boomer generation had the first uncontrolled access to the world outside our homes. Children of a military culture, television whispered that Father Didn't know best, and there was ...
|Addwine #2 -Those who don't....
theorize. Musing on American culture and history is an addiction I picked up in the American Studies Dept at the University of Hawai'i - Manoa. Having never lived a mainstream American lifestyle,
|Add Wine and stir - recipes for instant Grandmother
I wrote to a friend undergoing surgery that "there's always at least one turn in the path you never see coming." Life in the past three years has been a Gordian knot of turns, kinks and surprises .
|Let's ALL go Galt
"Atlas Shrugged" is based on the incredibly Liberal notion that ideas have value. As a matter of fact, Galt's ideas to make money are worth more than mere human life. He and his merry band are ...
All the gyring and gimbaling in the wabe about gerrymandering seems to make the assumption that demographics, living patterns and suburban growth will remain the same, with urban areas being hubs of ...
|Your guns = my uterus
It occurs to me that there is a connection between gun lovers and women. Hear me out. We both are outraged at what we see as intolerable intrusions into private citizens' lives. We both are seen ...
|How anarchy is organized. By telepathy
We are witnessing a radical transformation in society. the end of privacy and the rise of the Global Village. And the revolution is over. Hierarchy as an organizing principle lost. What fired my ...
|Jesus Rides the Dinosaur
Generally, if they are using big words, they are trying to rob you. This use of words stems from a decreasing need for an elaborate vocabulary in every day life. It's the new age of empathy - the ...
|Jesus Rides the Dinosaur
The Hierarchy is dead. The Word is no longer Sacred, no matter how they try. Fight back, we're almost to the part where Justice does some severe butt kicking...... and some chickens appear. ...
|An Impotent God
My husband is back from the hospital (12th time this year. Argh.) So this Samhain night has been quiet. So with the right stimulation, I'm off on flights of fancy. Abortion rights, women's second ...
Screaming tv, floodlit drop ceiling squares and spiteful furniture. 3 hours sitting in the new St. Bernard ER. Feels like a food court - no real sense of dignity or comfort - just industrial cheap ...
|Privatizing Our Investment
"Of course the renter's needs will always take precedence to the owner's." That's the argument for privatization in a nutshell. And we swallowed it.
|Name that Sin!!!!!!!
Strap on your logic and critical thinking guns. The pen (or smartphone) is still mightier than the sword. I've been pushing for a discussion of the 7 Deadly Sins and the American way of existence. ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by nolagrl
- 5 mo. later, true implications of King v. Burwell FINALLY starting to sink into skulls of GOP adminsSome Guy, early December: In other words, every one of the following states --along with the other 2 dozen not already running their own exchanges-- should be running, not walking towards at least ...136 comments 249 Recs
- It would be irresponsible to not spend money on the prisons we want to send our children to Governor Larry Hogan made the tough choice to use the $68 million ...36 comments 35 Recs
- Mike Huckabee poses with Josh Duggar Proving once again that he is not a serious 2016 presidential candidate, this morning Mike Huckabee unleashed a tirade against ...289 comments 190 Recs
- As some in the traditional media have a field day tormenting would-be Republican presidents with the hypothetical "if you knew then what you know now" on Iraq, the large universe of us who knew ...169 comments 157 Recs
- Wow. All I can say is...good for him, seriously: Lifelong Republican Turns On His Party, Embraces Obamacare Luis Lang, who is currently crowdfunding for medical expenses that he can’t afford ...282 comments 685 Recs
- Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...267 comments 290 Recs
- I didn’t really think I’d be rich either, except for a very small part of my brain that thought I’d be rich and famous when I grew up. Like, you know maybe I’d grow up to be a band. I guess ...177 comments 300 Recs
- He's an asshole Bill O'Reilly is a terrible, dumb, vicious, hypocrite. Now you might add wife-beater to that litany of the obscenities that come to mind when O'Reilly crosses your radar. Gawker ...180 comments 109 Recs
- This is welcome news and hopefully part of a continuing trend: In a surprise announcement coming nine months after police in riot gear dispelled racially charged protests, President Obama is ...65 comments 98 Recs
- Senate ...360 comments 161 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.