Below you'll find recent contributions related to nwprogressive's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Museums 101: British Motorcycles in America's Car Museum (Photo Diary)
The LeMay—America’s Car Museum in Tacoma, Washington includes a collection of motorcycles. ...
|April filled with Rallies in Seattle
I’ve been busy lately attending a number of rallies in the Seattle area. I’ve been joined by many others. We’re all saying Shell No! I learned the day before Easter there would be an "...
|The Daily Bucket: The Beach Ecology Around a Tin Rock
I took advantage of a spring minus tide to explore an interesting historical feature along the Bellingham waterfront and to investigate how the intertidal denizens were faring in and around this ...
|Washington State Kossacks - It's Time to Help CarbonWA - Initiative #732
Calling on Washington State Kossacks to put some adrenaline into the mix. It's time. Time for a carbon tax reality check: There are only two carbon pricing policies on the table in Washington ...
|Competing WA cap-and-trade ballot initiative? A modest proposal to stop the insanity
Washington State faces the possibility of competing 2016 climate ballot initiatives. A carbon tax initiative forwarded by grassroots citizens group Carbon Washington is already on the streets. ...
|Museums 101: Mustang Convertibles (Photo Diary)||Ojibwa||04/24/2015||15|
|The Blobs Are Here
The stuff of science fiction movies is now here in reality. When I read this article I just paused in shock, opened my mouth and uttered the phrase I always utter at such moments: Holy Shit! As ...
|“Beginning of a revolution” – Earth Day’s first organizer on the 45th
On the 45th Earth Day, the organizer of the first Earth Day is calling on youth to seize the torch and lead the struggle for global sustainability. “The important stuff is always done by young ...
Recommended by nwprogressive
- Just now, the House passed the "CRomnibus"--part continuing resolution, part omnibus bill, part Pentagon slush fund, part austerity, and part rollback of the regulatory state. Although they are ...336 comments 255 Recs
- Newark Mayor Cory Booker, widely considered to be the frontrunner in the race to fill Frank Lautenberg's Senate seat in New Jersey, said today that he is opposed to cutting Social Security benefits, ...61 comments 37 Recs
- I've written here a few times about taking the messaging fight to talk radio. I've told you that I'm training people to call in and take advantage of the opportunities to speak to millions of ...118 comments 287 Recs
- [http://communityquiltproject.com/2011/02/07/a-quilt-for-nudger-fighting-ovarian-cancer/ Cross posted at the Community Quilt Project]102 comments 135 Recs
- First of all I want to thank all my representatives in congress; win or lose. Patrick Leahy, Bernie Sanders, and Peter Welch "867 comments 926 Recs
- I just don't understand posts like this . We are not responding here to a ...1575 comments 791 Recs
- Negotiating requires good-faith partners, and compromise means BOTH sides giving a little to get a solution that helps everyone. But apparently when it comes to the tax-cut debate, some people in D....203 comments 160 Recs
- Nearly 11,000 people crammed themselves into an arena built for 10,000, and 3,000 more sat in Husky Stadium nearby to watch the jumbotron as a who's who of state Democrats warmed up the crowd for ...133 comments 324 Recs
- FiveThirtyEight’s model now predicts there is a 98% chance that MikeRayinBerkeley busts his ass for Democrats before November 2nd, up incrementally from 94% percent last week. Some of this ...203 comments 528 Recs
- A couple of days ago I received a small ivory-colored envelope in the mail, with the imprint United States Senator Patty Murray on the back. It was ...136 comments 257 Recs
- No current results.