Below you'll find recent contributions related to optimusprime's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|So what is the GOP strategy for Iraq?
Republican candidates have decided to use the recent setbacks against ISIS as a winning issue in the 2016 election, and it seems to be working. A poll from October shows a majority of ...
|Kansas finds new way to punish the poor
Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback promised to be able to balance the state budget by cutting taxes for the wealthy. That didn't work out. So to help cover the budget gap he has decided to punish the ...
|Right-Wing Mythology: How Obummer Lost Iraq
Right-wing articles are very entertaining. Did you know that we won the Iraq War? I didn't. At least Bush won Iraq before Obama lost Iraq. I've discovered from reading right-wing sources ...
|GOP candidates running for Dubya's Third Term
Even before the Fall of Ramadi the GOP presidential candidates were foaming-at-the-mouth war hawks. It'll only get worse . The message itself is coming through clearly—at the “summit” of ...
|Our Approaching Tet Moment
Leading up to the 1968 Tet Offensive , the Pentagon tried to convince the American public that it was winning the war. General Bruce Palmer, Jr., one of Westmoreland's three Field Force ...
|Sen. McConnell: Fast Track Will Help Next GOP President Pass Trade Deals Over Dem Opposition
Republican Senate Majority Leader McConnell: “If we had a Republican president right now, not a single Democrat would vote for Trade Promotion Authority. So what I’ve said to my members, if we ...
|Raul Castro: Pope Francis May Inspire Me to Go Back to Church
A very interesting story. No doubt Republican Catholics will consider becoming Southern Baptists or "impeaching" the Pope. The Pope's soft liberation theology is impacting people. “ I ...
|A Breathtakingly Immoral Plan
One of the largest humanitarian dramas on the planet is playing out in the waters off the coast of Libya. Thousands upon thousands of desperate refugees are risking their lives trying to cross the ...
Recommended by optimusprime
- I wish I could say more, but they covered it all for me.47 comments 205 Recs
- I stopped going to the Disney theme parks over 15 years ago. I didn't know it then, but it was mostly due to 1% vs. 99% (OWS) issues; however back then, it was because of the poverty that many of ...119 comments 68 Recs
- All the media tell you how to go green and reduce your carbon footprint through these huge, expensive steps – putting in spray-foam insulation, installing tankless water heaters, converting to ...40 comments 62 Recs
- Man...All's I know is for most of a decade manufacturing plants were closing down without mercy or sign of slowing around here. Every day in the papers for years. And for years and years it was ...489 comments 436 Recs
- A group of 20-somethings is performing "Hair" in Arlington, Massachusetts. I was invited to talk to them about the 1960's, to help them understand their characters and the time. I told them a very ...374 comments 252 Recs
- I am finding that some financial blogs have a far more informative and enlightening perspective of late than political blogs. Here there is often a mem that Obama and the Democrats can do no wrong ...285 comments 127 Recs
- It's no secret that everybody is going through some terrible stuff these days. Foreclosure, job loss, illness, pet illness---and don't kid yourself. When you're going through horrible, constant, ...84 comments 214 Recs
- Clearly, the worst-case scenario for progressives in New York's 9th congressional district is ...7 comments 5 Recs
- I have already said what I think about BWD in my diary from last week ...1351 comments 395 Recs
- The Wall Street journal is out with an article today in which newly elected Republican governors made it ...209 comments 240 Recs
- No current results.