Posting History for orymartin
|Canadians seem free enough to me
The avalanche of right wing protest about the Supreme Court ruling seems to focused on the "loss of our freedom." Doesn't the existence of Canada (or Germany, Great Britain, etc.) who have both ...
|Walker hires attorneys to insure he can "aid" John Doe investigation
Scott Walker: "To assemble additional background information, I hired counsel to insure that I am in the best position possible to continue aiding the inquiry." Ha, ha, ha.
|Fantastic WI Protest Video and Song
Wisconsin Protest Video and Song Better than anything else I've seen, this video captures the spirit of the February and March protests in Madison. "Tell me ...
|Welcome to Waukesha, my home town.
"Waukesha" has almost become a swear word on this site. Waukesha County, the reddest county in Wisconsin, came through with an extra 7,000 votes for Supreme Court Justice David Prosser 2 days after ...
|Walker's editorial today really galls me
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel printed an editorial by Gov. Scott Walker today. If you have the stomach for it, the entire editorial can be ...
|Even if we win, this is not how judges should be selected
I'm from Wisconsin and I'm as partisan as it gets. As a Democrat, I *had* to vote for Kloppenburg. FitzWalkerstan has become a lawless, heartless regime, and the Supreme Court is obviously vital in ...
|Anxious recall volunteer survives first shift
I have some anxiety issues, so even though I'm a passionately anti-Walker Wisconsinite, I haven't done very much to help the cause (other than showing up at many Madison rallies). The thought of ...
|The "tools" are hammers, and their job is to nail teachers.
Sure, Walker and the Republicans are trying to bust unions for political gain. But they are also deliberately destroying education in Wisconsin. It isn't enough that teachers are taking a 5-10% cut ...
|WI - Something fishy
Here's a direct link to the bill that passed in the WI senate tonight.
|Imagine shoe on other foot
What if the Democrats had the governorship, and both houses of Wisconsin’s legislature: Shortly after election, the governor announces a bill banning handguns, conceal and carry, and enacting ...
|On Wisconsin: My favorite quotes
“Next up, dropping puppies from the top of the capitol on protesters,” WI Sen Chris Larson (D), responding to arrest warrants being issued against he and fellow Democrats by Republican senators.
|Gov. Walker's talk of "tools?"
Perhaps some of you good folks can help me to understand something that has been puzzling me for the last 3 weeks. Gov. Walker has insisted that he will not negotiate on collective bargaining rights,
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by orymartin
- You never know someone until you hear what they listen to on the radio. On the way to a client meeting yesterday, a colleague of mind began railing about Obamacare. Usually, I'll just tune out ...235 comments 415 Recs
- I used to tease phone bankers who wanted to make sure I would be voting by telling them: I'll vote even if I have to crawl to the school to vote. Today, I did just that. And I post the details in ...115 comments 284 Recs
- Just a quick diary to thank all the Badgers who have been so inspiring during this long struggle. Thank you to puddytat and Noise of Rain and Giles the Goat Boy and wmspringer and PvtJarHead and ...87 comments 295 Recs
- Bloggers on up to luminaries like former Nixon White House lawyer John Dean have spent a great deal of time demonstrating how Scott Walker is more Nixonian than anything else: Secretive, ...4 comments 12 Recs
- That the conservative base and establishment have gone off an ideological cliff isn't in question. The only question at hand is why, whether anyone but a few media moguls is really in control of it, ...248 comments 501 Recs
- When we last left our can't shoot straight Wisconsin republicans, they had passed redistricting legislation without public comment, or, it was rumored, without even their own comment. They paid the ...156 comments 427 Recs
- 110 comments 152 Recs
- Newt Gingrich has repeatedly shown that he is an existentially ugly person. Therefore, his repeated comments about the black poor, and “inner city” communities, where people “don’t have a ...191 comments 340 Recs
- In a sarcastic world it is sometimes hard to signal when one is being completely forthright, but I mean this at face value: almost everyone, right and left, should want to see Newt Gingrich get the ...378 comments 383 Recs
- Back in October, a contributor for Tea Party Nation called for businesses not to hire anyone in a deliberate effort to hurt the Obama administration. Well, a Georgia crane operator seems to be ...254 comments 297 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.