Posting History for paxpi
|Hardship of bringing Democracy, e.g. the Southern United States
To highlight the hubris of thinking that Iraq would become a Democracy within a few years we need look no further than how the Northern United States brought Democracy to the Southern United States ...
|Who the Hell is Rep. Tom Brower (D)?
Answer: Five-term State Rep. Tom Brower (D) and Americas newest anti-homeless vigilante. He has, no joke, taken to the streets with a sledge hammer to smash shopping carts that could be used by the ...
|The Lesson for Republicans is
...that Obama could have done this to them at anytime since 2010 and before. He could have called their shenanigans, played hard ball, "destroyed the GOP", and hurt their pride at any time. That he ...
|UPDATE: Sign in MA: Obama Voters for Scott Brown! Brown paying homeless
I was walking into Ashmont Station (Red line. Right on dot ave. You know, dot? Southie? fahgetit). Anyhow, I saw two guys and a pregnant women holding up big blue "Obama voters for Brown" signs. I ...
|New Narrative plz: OMFG Romney needs an EPIC win Tuesday!
People ramping up expectations for Obama need to stop it. It is Romney who needs an EPIC win Tuesday. Given the voting /reality/ in Ohio (we are reality based, fact based, right?) it is Romney who ...
|Why Obama is a heavy favorite in the prediction markets
"So take that order, start adding up electoral votes until you hit 270. You're going to find a pivot state: a state that if Obama holds he wins and that if Romney can reach he wins, and that state ...
|Romney has two sets of books
One set of books for the one percenters and one set of books for the rest of us. That's the meme. I'm done here. Go Warren!
|Let's play a game: Famous Native Americans... Elvis Presley, Will Rogers...
Everyone, let's build a long list of famous people with native american blood. I'll get things kicked off with 5 minutes of googling. I can tell you, this mine is deep and filled with people you ...
|News of OccupyBoston's death exaggerated
I just went down to Dewey square on my lunch break expecting an empty lot and a confused somber gathering of Occupiers. What I found was the thriving community of Occupiers I had taken my young ...
|RFC: Women & Followership
I've been doing some reading and am thinking of doing some research on the topic of gender dynamics in leadership. The abstract is below. I'd appreciate any references to material I should follow up ...
|Wisconsin: You're leading the Nation
Pacific WWII wasn't lost at Pearl Harbor nor was it won at Midway. It was a long committed struggle. Rejoice in your gains and fight on against the losses. What you do next will have a huge impact ...
|Political Zoologists vs. Political Geneticists
Shoveling piles of cash accumulated by someone else into the greedy hands of a shadowy few is easy. Fundamentally restructuring society for the betterment of the many is hard. To those who criticize ...
|Homosexuality, Homophobia & Hypocrites in American Society
With all of the hypocritical closeted homosexuals in the news lately it's very easy to write snarky articles and comments attacking the positions of homophobic right wingers. But I'd like to take a ...
|Damn the Polls! Get Out and Vote!
Massachusetts has not had to do this in over 40 years! This is all new territory! The only thing the polls are telling us is that the Republicans are fired up and Democrats need to get out and vote!
|GOTV Action Links: Phone Bankers, whats the response?
I was just down at the IBEW on Freeport street in Dorchester MA tonight to asses the situation for tomorrow. I just missed Coakley herself firing up the troops. We are meeting at 10am. This is the ...
|[Update3: Action Links, Photos] Boston NU Coakley Rally, Get Active! Volunteer! GOTV!
I've always assumed that Massachusetts would go Blue and whatever efforts I made would never change that fact. We we're supposed to be the people Red Staters railed against: educated, empathetic, ...
|More backspin on the economic meltdown
McCain's camp has pulled out the " Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005 " ...
|Backspin on the Economic Meltdown
I was talking to a McCain supporting friend of mine about the economic meltdown and he came out with the argument that the crisis was precipitated by the Carter era "
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by paxpi
- Next Tuesday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will deliver an unprecedented address to the United States Congress. Now, there's nothing new about Netanyahu inserting ...239 comments 93 Recs
- Just a quick diary to spread this wonderful video of Lawrence O'Donnell tonight. It's a must-see segment about what Sen. Reid did alone on the Senate floor today, a truly beautiful thing to watch as ...321 comments 647 Recs
- I was going to publish this earlier, but held back with the news that the House GOP may blow the whole thing up. However, after Markos's new front page diary where he states "The ONLY leverage ...392 comments 509 Recs
- Short NASA: "life," or at least organics, on Mars. Longer NASA: still not sure if they are Martian in origin or not. More research needed. Meet me over the Kos squiggly.120 comments 145 Recs
- Folks, I think we are depriving ourselves of one of the great Kosacks of all time by continuing the ban hammer on Fishgrease. He is one of, if not the only member here whose work was featured on ...767 comments 668 Recs
- A fragile truce (don't call it peace) has taken hold. Let's hope it lasts. I wrote the post below before the truce, but it's not particularly pegged to recent events. Indeed, it's a scaled down ...473 comments 445 Recs
- Shellshocked! One of Thursday's most attention-grabbing news stories was the slightly-sensational piece from CBS's Jan Crawford, that got unnamed campaign insiders to claim that Mitt Romney was " ...486 comments 292 Recs
- This week was a historic election for women, both on the ballot and at the ballot box. Women knew what was at stake and showed up at the polls in 2008-level numbers, making up 53% of the electorate .46 comments 156 Recs
- by Ileana Cintrón As for the results in Massachusetts, when the numbers are ratified, it is likely that turnout in 2012 ends up being higher than 2008. There were a significant number of split ...8 comments 6 Recs
- At the beginning of NBC's coverage last night, around 7pm-ish (ET) or so, they had Ezra Klein on, who made an amazing comment (which increased my internal stress levels about 1000%) He said that ...24 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.