Below you'll find recent contributions related to peacemonger's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Do we all live in a giant hologram?
The large scale universe projected onto a two-dimensional boundary There is an active field of research in cosmology and physics seeking to explain the cosmos in terms of a radical idea: we live ...
|House seeking to slash spending on Earth science
Hard to believe there were times when either political party regularly distinguished itself and alternately embarrassed the entire nation when it came to science. Or that for a few brief shining ...
|This week in science: stardrive?
There is great excitement in some corners of the space exploration community this week, as several NASA people opened up a discussion with engineers and others outside the agency over a mysterious,
|Thawing permafrost could boost global warming in more ways than one
Rapidly thawing Arctic permafrost and coastal erosion on the Beaufort Sea, Arctic Ocean, near Point Lonely, AK. Photo Taken in August, 2013 Power plants and automobiles burning fossil fuels and ...
|A drone too far?
As a youngster, I built and flew model aircraft, similar in principle to the one above, but we didn't call them drones. We called them radio-controlled airplanes and if you have a son or daughter ...
|Creationists still blaming Darwin for Columbine
If creationism is the zombie lie behind all biology and geology, the Governor's Mansion in Louisiana might stand in for the castle ruins where the burnt and battered monster is reanimated and sent ...
|This week in science: she's a witch!
Will the real Mike Rogers (R-AL) please stand up? Because there's a fire and brimstone Mike Rogers who hates him some commie leader and likes to wax elegantly on a certain president who ...
|US ground to orbit launch capability is dependent on former enemies
So close! SpaceX almost landed a Falcon 9 lower stage vertically on an autonomous barge and they'll probably succeed soon If it was written into a Cold War movie plot 40 years ago no one would buy ...
Recommended by peacemonger
- There is an idea that I'm hearing repeated. I've heard it at work. I've heard it on the radio (on NPR, but also on morning comedy-oriented radio as well as on sports talk radio). It's on TV (which I ...15 comments 43 Recs
- Last night, Bill Maher closed his show by railing against several influential right-wing pizza CEOs, and talked about the larger pattern of self-hatred among these people. And finally, New Rule: ...190 comments 293 Recs
- There are two major economic and budgetary issues which Congress must address in the lame-duck session or soon afterward. First, how do we reverse the decline of the middle class and create the jobs ...102 comments 298 Recs
- I always knew something would compel me to get off my lazy ass do the work it takes to publish a first diary. I just didn't expect that 'something' to be voting rights. I cast my very first vote ...191 comments 480 Recs
- Andrew Sullivan over at the dailybeast found a brilliant comment from commenter named "Tom", and the funny this is the comment was from the Washington Monthly. Heh, I can't believe I missed this ...380 comments 83 Recs
- The news of Osama bin Laden’s death at the hands of a small group of Navy SEALs, after hiding in plain sight for years, reminds us that we spent a generation deploying ever more troops to fight an ...176 comments 303 Recs
- In American-Made: The Enduring Legacy of the WPA: When FDR Put the Nation to Work . author Nick Taylor describes how Harry Hopkins, director of President Franklin Roosevelt’s Civil Works ...609 comments 483 Recs
- Are you an atheist, agnostic, humanist, freethinker or some such who cringes at the thought of people being given the Four Spiritual Laws along with disaster relief? Do you think that promoting "...595 comments 378 Recs
- You only need 51 senators to pass a bill through reconciliation. But theoretically the main problem with reconciliation is that it can only be used for legislation that affects the budget. So, a ...627 comments 965 Recs
- Republican Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, in a floor speech yesterday , insisted that Americans won't stand for a health care system such as ...263 comments 713 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.