The following story is unbelievable if it weren't so real. It's a story that if every voter were to see they would be less likely to vote Republican ever again. Imagine the following scenario: A medical relief organization sets up shop in middle America offering free services for those who cannot afford health care or if they have insurance, the high deductible. Imagine if hundreds and hundreds of people came and waited overnight for just a chance to see a doctor or a dentist. Don't imagine. It's happening. Details on the flip
I know it's all about the national campaign, the primaries and states named Texas and Ohio...and that's all good...but we have a Senate to win back (obviously it is not really ours is it Joe?) and one of the key opportunities is in Maine. Some pundits and bloggers have said that Susan Collins is fairly moderate, not too awful and that her challenger Congressman Tom Allen faces an uphill fight. That's not what Bill from C&J says but others. Let's put at least half of that to rest shall we? Allow me to share a video...
For years now we've been told the evangelical community is the Republican right wing base. In lock step and responding to their ministers who have been fed talking points from the central Repiblican machine. A long list of their leadership-Robertson, Falwell, Dotson Lamb and many more all supported the Republican party.
The images of the super churches full of uptight sheeple is repelling to many progressives. These are the people we railed against for being tricked by Bushco, for walking blindly off the cliff and delivering their sons and daughters to the armed services. Well, guess what's being overlooked?
today yesterday was planned and staged. She got worked up but I think it's only a prelude. Watch over the next 2-3 days and see if if anti Obama ads not associated with her campaign suddenly appear. What a change from the end of the debate recently.
What a shame. She had the opportunity to close this chapter gracefully and become a leader in the Senate, the heir to Teddy Kennedy. What really bothers me about this off target attack is the lasting damage it can do..on the flip
OK. Caveat. I'm a bit of a poll nut and any poll that has a Margin of Error greater than 4.2% gets treated with suspicion by me. Technically, any poll that has an MoE greater than 5% is supposed to be called a survey, not a poll. A poll that has an MoE of 3.5% or less gets more attention from me anyway.
The latest poll from Texas is by Decision Analyst which appears to be a Texas based firm. The MoE is 3% so that's a plus. The results..well, flip it
According to MSNBC Bill Clinton said
"If she wins in Texas and Ohio, she'll be the nominee. If she doesn't, I don't think she can be. It's all on you."
. Found the quote
Think about that. It certainly sets the stage for defeat. The MSNBC newsperson has mentioned it several times and is drawing attention to his statement. But more on the flip
It's the calendar stupid. It's the fact they are joined at the hip (when it's hurting them). They need Texas and Ohio to vote now. Three weeks is a long time. Three weeks of their former friends in the media beating them up. Three weeks of Obama's superior campaign chipping away. Let's get specific on the flip.
Crossposted at Turn Maine Blue
Turnout is the key to winning elections. We know that. We've all heard that Dems are turning out more than Repubs in all these states but when you're on the ground and seeing it happen, it's amazing, simply amazing. If you've never been at a state party HQ receiving the numbers as they come in, it's like nothing else. Come along and I'll give you a few samples.
Crossposted at Turn Maine Blue
Let's take a nice break from the candidate wars and come travel with me as I take you inside a Congressional tour. A little background. Washington County is one of Maine's 16 counties. Washington is way up on the coast, a good 6-7 hour drive from Boston. It's the real deal. I helped organize an eco-devo tour (a better term is community sustainable enterprises) for both of Maine's Congressmen: Tom Allen & Mike Michaud. It was quite a trip, come on along.
Let's take a nice break from the candidate wars and come travel with me as I take you inside a Congressional tour. A little background. Washington County is one of Maine's 16 counties. Washington is way up on the coast, a good 6-7 hour drive from Boston. It's the real deal. I organized an eco-devo tour (a better term is community sustainable enterprises) for both of Maine's Congressmen: Tom Allen & Mike Michaud. It was quite a trip, come on along.
I have lots to do today, blah blah BUT a couple of notes. The Clinton campaign is in big trouble in NH and here's why. Her story line of Experience and Working for Change comes out like this...'You can trust her because she has years of experience working for change'...and here's the problem.
It's the 'years of experience' which is running totally counter to the general public mood which is, the last thing we need is years of anything. The Bush years have taken a toll and every time they use that phrase they drive voters away. More on the flip
There will be a ton of analysis before this is all over. I'm a campaign veteran so that qualifies me. Call it self qualification. I'm just going to call it as I see it and maybe post this before I go to bed, maybe not.
First, if turnout does indeed hit 200,000 (or anywhere close) We All Win. No matter who you support, that is good news for the Democratic Party. Turnout was 120,000 just four years ago in a tight contest. Caucus attendees are the pool that become the volunteers. Volunteers for leg campaigns, Congressional campaigns, etc. Follow on the flip pls
Recommended by philinmaine
- Most of us have done it. Some of us are still doing it. Sure, we can say we don't 'text' while driving, but if we answer our phones or try to call someone on the phone, while driving, isn't that ...321 comments 359 Recs
- What's that they say about pictures worth 1,000 words? Try 10,000.213 comments 211 Recs
- Recently Markos posed the following question What's so bad about the State of Daily Kos? and went on to note some statistics. Given our current U.S. monthly uniques, the state of Daily Kos would ...41 comments 16 Recs
- Sen. Susan Collins after a day of enabling James Inhoffe, Ted Cruz, and Mike Lee. From the Senate GOP'...272 comments 155 Recs
- What Digby says: Imagine what we could do if we had more real, progressive civil libertarians in the US Senate. Here's one for you to support. It's Shenna Bellows and she's running in Maine ...14 comments 64 Recs
- 9 comments 18 Recs
- The impetus behind the Occupy Wall Street movement - a vague sense that the rich are getting ever richer while everyone else suffers - was confirmed by a recent report from the Social Security ...345 comments 889 Recs
- Maine is no exception to the wave of teabagging that is attempting to thoroughly brainwash and indoctrinate the nation, not to mention dumb us down so that in time, America will become a third world ...6 comments 4 Recs
- The US Department of Energy (DOE) has finalized a $43-million loan guarantee for Beacon Power Corporation’s 20 megawatt innovative flywheel energy storage plant in Stephentown, NY.228 comments 282 Recs
- In an editorial posted by the New York Times on Saturday afternoon, the editorial board condemned the Obama administration's ...507 comments 344 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.