Posting History for pholkhero
|DKos: Please Help Me
I feel like i've become a "problem case" of the community (sadly, that's how big my ego is). A few months ago, i wrote this diary about being at the end of my emotional and mental ropes. Thankfully,
|UN Poll Watchers Coming Next Month
I saw this as a flash-by text on CNN whilst at the gym today, and then found this article from the Hill. United Nations-affiliated election monitors from Europe and central Asia will be at polling ...
|Volunteer, Volunteer, Volunteer
These next three weekends are BIG weekends for OFA. It's time to start the GOTV machine hummin'. more important than any money at this point would be to volunteer your time to phonebank or canvas ...
|Liveblogging the Phonebanking
Tonight i went down to my local OFA office to help out some more, making phone calls and generally getting some positive karma in the bank. The script tonight has us calling pholks who have ...
Hey, thanks again to everyone who responded to my diary of saturday afternoon. I needed help and this community was there for me, even though i hadn't given much of myself to it, and I'm eternally ...
|I'm 99% Sure I Won't Harm Myself
Sorry for the provocative title, but that's about where I'm at with my life. So, my estranged wife is out for a romantic weekend, and I feel like I'm losing my mind, literally. I'm anxious, and ...
|OMFG: Romney sleeps nude!
I'm sorry for putting that image into everyone's head, so close to dinner here on the east coast, but just this on political wire, and had to share (my vomitous feelings). Mitt Romney and his wife, ...
|Morning in America All Over Again
The 1984 Reagan commercial, officially titled "Prouder, Stronger, Better," had, as its opening line: "It's morning again in america." It featured a montage of images of Americans going to work ...
|Does Anyone Else Feel That?
And no, i don't mean the stomach pains I have from some virus i caught last week... I feel this rising sense of Obama-ness coming. I feel like the RNC was such a dud, and didn't move the marker ...
|And the beat goes on... AP: Romney uses secretive data mining
So, the AP is out with breaking story that R-Mizzle is using a secretive data-mining project that sifts through Americans' personal information – including their purchasing history and church ...
|Romney's WSJ Op-Ed: Or, What I learned at Bain
Almost every year come September, many returning students have to write the obligatory "What I Did On My Summer Vacation" essay. This op-ed piece from Mr Romney reads like so many of these essays.
|Akin Death Threats Being Investigated
Via the AP: U.S. Capitol Police said Thursday that officers are investigating a reported threat against Rep. Todd Akin, the Missouri congressman who has been criticized for comments he recently ...
|New NBC/WSJ Poll: rMoney "out of touch"
earlier today, they released some non-prez figures: 22% say they are more likely to pick romney b/c of ryan; 23% less . This is less than previous VP announcements w/biden 24% more/16% less and ...
|Romney Wins! Now about those blind trusts...
If Romney wins, what happens to those blind trusts that he's got? Will we know exactly HOW our would-be president is making millions off of his billions in "investing"? Will he still draw an ...
|New Amendments: Popular President; Proportional Senate
We've known for 8 long years just how out-of-date and undemocratic the Electoral College is. Started as yet another check against the "mobacracy," it is high time that we, as a country, moved past ...
|Moneybomb! Let's show BHO some love!!
Okay folks, with less than two dozen delegates remaining until Barack is our nominee before the polls even close, it's time to turn those "limping" headlines into "shot out of canon" ones. So, go ...
|2117: The real, REAL magic number!
So, we all know the goal posts are worn out from moving so much (they had to nail a retread to one to keep it mobile). First it was Iowa, then Super Tuesday, then blah, blah, blah. Well, we all ...
|Finally! Rasmussen: O: 46, C: 44
This has been the poll i've been watching, not withstanding it's republican/conservative bent (maybe b/c of it). Obama is up 2 points for the first time since the 21st.
|Obama Supporters Superdelegate Project (OSSP)
--crossposted at Open Left-- So, Matt Stoller has a good post on the FP at Open Left re: Obama's ability to influence SDs. And I ...
|Did You Say Failure to Close?!?
Failure to Close? You want to talk about failing to close? Senator Clinton has gone from shoe-in to being pressured to drop if SHE doesn't take OH and TX! Perhaps rather than pointing to these ...
|It's Only A Flesh Wound!!
So, having seen this on OpenLeft, i thought i would plagiarize the idea one step further, and put out a nice transcript of the epic encounter between King Obama, his sidekick, Axelrod, and the Blue ...
|1627: The Magic Number
full disclosure: I'm an Obaman ~ No matter what you think of the primary and causes system, or how certain states apportion delegates [and I can’t help but think that Hillary supporters ...
|Obama and Lincoln
With President's day approaching, I thought this was appropriate. I've long since had this idea that Barack Obama is very much like Abraham Lincoln. 1. They're both from ...
|War-making: Congress has the Power!
A few nights ago, my father and I got into a discussion about Iraq, Afghanistan, and America's military role therein. He is a Reagan Republican who has, I think, moved further right as he's aged (...
|On Conservatives and Global Warming
Over these past few weeks, climate change and global warming has been at the forefront of the news, especially with the new UN study [ ...
|New SecDef a Red Herring; Rummy stays||pholkhero||11/09/2006||4||1||-||-|
|Gen Pace: "Rummy led by God"||pholkhero||10/19/2006||37||18||-||6|
|Yes, 9/11 WAS Clinton's Fault! Now what?||pholkhero||09/06/2006||18||2||-||-|
|Syrian implicated in Lebonese assassination||pholkhero||10/20/2005||3||-||-||-|
|Republicans are the remnants of a dying cultural vision.||pholkhero||10/14/2005||8||13||3||8|
|Ultimate Reality TV: The Saddam Factor||pholkhero||10/13/2005||3||-||-||1|
|Amended Constitution 'rejected'||pholkhero||10/12/2005||15||1||-||6|
|Guantanamo and Beyond: Why torturing terrorists ISN'T what they deserve||pholkhero||10/11/2005||5||4||-||1|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by pholkhero
- Colleen Lachowicz, the Maine Democrat and social worker, who was attacked for playing World of Warcraft, has won her race for the Maine State Senate. https://www.facebook.com/colleenforsenate ...65 comments 108 Recs
- Yet... Here's what I've done this morning: Believe me, the first call was not that easy for me. But guess what? Every single call after the first has been easier and easier. You have to step ...23 comments 28 Recs
- Sorry, I know this isn't much of a diary. But after the number of times Romney said "me too", I couldn't resist. Here's what we now know: If we don't get out the vote, Obama will probably win (...13 comments 36 Recs
- I am 40 years old and this is the first time I will be voting. After hanging around here for several weeks I am very embarrassed about this fact. I registered for the first time in February ...122 comments 263 Recs
- AntKat's quilt We made a community quilt for AntKat because she is suffering several cancers. She lost her larynx this May and had recently ...56 comments 129 Recs
- Apparently he has made quite a first impression....... INTRADE: Just Before Debate: $60.10 Current Price: $64.50 Not bad for less than 1/5th of the debate! Go Barack!!!!58 comments 90 Recs
- National polls currently show Obama leading Romney by an average of 48.5% to 43.2%. But Republicans are right to criticize these polls. When you look at the numbers, you see an unbalanced ...189 comments 513 Recs
- Breaking news of a vehicle parked near two Federal office buildings in Kansas City, now being searched for explosives. The vehicle's owner was arested inside one of the Federal buildings. Kansas ...27 comments 19 Recs
- There's an old saying, "When you find yourself in a hole, first - Stop digging". Mitt Romney was wrong to claim that the Egyptian Embassy had "apologized" for an attack that hadn't happened yet. ...146 comments 189 Recs
- Romney's words make no sense--again. The message he's so enraged about came from a staffer at the American Embassy in Cairo, Egypt. The attack and tragic deaths were at the consulate in Benghazi, ...17 comments 3 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.