To best serve the development of all our young people, we need to move away from our one-size-fits-all education system (based on the 19th Century industrial model) to a new approach that encourages and facilitates many profoundly different educational paths, including learning within and outside of schools.
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by plthomasEdD
- The testing, accountability, and choice strategies offer the illusion of change while changing nothing. They mask the inequity and injustice that are now so apparent in our social order. They do ...37 comments 118 Recs
- Cracking the Codes: The System of Racial Inequity, a film by Shakti Butler The struggle against racism and racial inequities in our society is being fought on multiple ...122 comments 119 Recs
- After taking a job as Bridgeport, CT's school superintendent, a job he wasn't qualified to hold , greasing the Chairman of Bridgeport's Board of Education's palm with a $1,000,000 ...12 comments 63 Recs
- Today is the 84th birthday of the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. When he and other civil-rights leaders fought for equal schooling in the decades after World War 2, they never would have imagined the ...1 comments 4 Recs
- I'm home from a holiday visit with family members who were gathered in Philly, where I shared the joy my cousins have found. They have adopted a young boy out of foster care. He is three, going on ...356 comments 273 Recs
- crossposted from Blue Virginia I oppose putting more guns into schools A policeman with a sidearm will be no match for someone with the AR-15 Bushmaster shown above. I do not want to ...103 comments 205 Recs
- no rights are absolute. At some points the Constitution makes that clear - in the 5th (and 14th) Amendment you can be denied the most basic rights of life and liberty via due process of law. ...30 comments 76 Recs
- The so-called "Parent Trigger" is an American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) template law written primarily by right-wingers Bill Lucia of EdVoice and Ben Austin of Green Dot School Corporation.1 comments 5 Recs
- Women of Color and the Reproductive Rights Movement, Jennifer Nelson, NYU Press One of the major problems with what we call "the second wave women's movement" was its inability to connect with ...101 comments 98 Recs
- Originally posted at Great Schools for America While I don't support Teach for America, I do support a professional teacher in every ...13 comments 9 Recs