Posting History for polidiscoursor
|We need a central donation hub to save voting rights in America
Voting has never been a right all Americans have enjoyed. Native Americans, African Americans, women, the poor, the "unlanded," immigrants, non Protestant Christians... The list goes on. Today it is ...
|Loudly unaware and aggressively out of touch
The Republican party doesn't know how to fit into a societal landscape furiously reorganizing before their blinking and largely uncomprehending eyes. They are the party, after all, that for ...
|855-444-6100: "True" the Vote's complaint hotline
Update : To be clear, "True" the Vote is a sham, teabagger operation . I meant to second TBogg's call to flood their lines. However, as some have noted in the comments, this, as well as reporting ...
|Mitt "No Turnaround" Romney: "Polls go up, polls go down."
TPM links to an ABC article that includes this Romney quote" Frankly at this early stage, polls go up, polls go down,” Romney said in an interview on Wednesday with ABC’s David Muir on the ...
|Mitt's delusions: the 60 Minutes interview
The excerpt of this Sunday's 60 Minutes interview (video) released by CBS is quite stunning in its documentation of a major party candidate for the presidency of the US in a state of denial and ...
|You people should be ashamed for not appreciating what Mitt is offering to do for you
" That this is a guy that is, doesn't, obviously need to do this for a job... " That. That right there. That little quote captures the condescension and false, yet still extremely arrogant and self ...
|How to make Mitt Romney's head explode in the first few minutes of the first debate
Okay, so there should probably be a 'probably' somewhere in the title, but it was already getting kind of long. But what if the first few minutes of the first debate actually did go somewhat along ...
|How the right is freaking out about Ryan's GM plant lie
Various people and outlets on the left have thoroughly debunked Ryan's laundry list of right wing distortions and outright lies that made up his convention speech last night. Included in the many ...
|[Updated] Romney advisor: Obama doesn't understand "Anglo-Saxon heritage"
LGF links to an article in The Telegraph : My jaw is officially on the floor at this statement to Britain’s Telegraph by one of Mitt Romney’s advisers: Mitt Romney Would Restore ‘Anglo-...
|Finding worthwhile discussion partners in new media: an actual possibility or fool's errand?
Most people would probably agree that it is possible to have discussions that are respectful and perhaps even productive and mutually edifying with people who have different perspectives. In fact, ...
|Right wing discourse: "working at a higher level" and making reality irrelevant
Steve Benen linked to Paul Krugman's piece on right wing political correctness, in which Krugman writes: Today, however, the big threat to our discourse is right-wing political correctness, which —
|Romney accuses Obama of having dressed up like a Michigan State Police officer
Reacting to the news that he dressed up in a Michigan State Police uniform, provided by his then Michigan governor father, Mitt Romney today accused President Obama of having dressed up in a ...
|Obama Purposely Slowed Recovery: Romney's Latest "I'm Rubber; You're Glue" Line
Talking Points Memo brings us this : The idea that they knowingly slowed down our recovery in order to put in place Obamacare, which they wanted and they considered historic but the American ...
|Rep. Coffman's Birther Auto Post Mortem
Talking Points Memo has the story of Colorado Representative Coffman's (R/Birther) insight into the issue that made him nationally famous. “We’ve got to focus on the issues,” Coffman said. “
|Birthers, Racial Anxiety and Why It Really Does Matter
As I write this, the taxpayers of Arizona are generously funding a vacatio investigative trip to Hawaii for a couple of Sheriff Joe Arpaio's henchmen. Also in further Arizona Crazy, the Arizona ...
|George Tierney of Greenville South Carolina: Internet Bully, Right Wing Exemplar
Internet bully and misogynist, George Tierney of Greenville South Carolina , has been getting a ...
|Birthers as useful idiots: the right wing utility of racial paranoia
Not content with voter suppression and stirring up racial animosity , it seems Republicans are going full ...
|Romney was brainwashed into saying whatever he said, but he stands by it, whatever it was
George Romney, Mitt's father, was a serious contender for the 1968 Republican presidential nomination until this: Would the country have been better off if Romney, rather than Nixon, was the GOP ...
|Uncouth and indecorous: unwashed bloggers weirdly insist on the truth
"I'm not a racist, but..." Whoever has heard this stock preamble knows what's coming next. Pure, Grade A, triple distilled racism. You can of course also replace racist with sexist , anti semite , ...
|Quantum flipflopping means never having to say you're sorry
Quantum theory holds that electrons can change position in no time, moving a distinct quantity of distance rather than incrementally traversing the space between starting and ending points. There is ...
|Supporters, false equivalence and willful ignorance
As you're no doubt aware , a Romney supporter asked the presumptive GOP nominee why president Obama has not been charged with -- and presumably executed for -- treason. This was after a Romney ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by polidiscoursor
- There are many tales that can be told about New York on race. The news of recent days allows observers to focus on two that stand diametrically opposed to one another. One is a tale drawn from the ...58 comments 83 Recs
- This is pretty funny: What does Mitch McConnell campaign manager Jesse Benton really think about working for the Mitch McConnell re-election campaign? ...37 comments 29 Recs
- John G. Roberts, Jr., Chief Justice of the United States of America Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr., as the head honcho of the Gang of Five on the ...251 comments 226 Recs
- If Republican senators on the Foreign Relations Committee thought they were going to cow Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at ...209 comments 167 Recs
- From the GOP retreat schedule, via @LukeRussert Included in today's GOP ...75 comments 31 Recs
- It's not every day that GOP defends itself by claiming to be two-faced So far in 2013, House Speaker John Boehner has relied on Democratic votes to overcome overwhelming Republican opposition on ...67 comments 45 Recs
- Click to enlarge. This is sort of a sequel to this cartoon from the Tuscon massacre, which I find I am asked to repost with dismaying frequency. Deepest ...52 comments 136 Recs
- 100 comments 65 Recs
- Looks like there's been an interesting behind-the-scenes wipeout of some of the most notorious dystopian wreckers who've been a thorn in Speaker John Boehner's side. The GOP Steering Committee has ...60 comments 34 Recs
- Here we go again. Move over Joe Walsh, Steve King, Michele Bachmann, Allen West, Bobby Jindal, Todd Akin, Jan Brewer, Sarah Palin and Zombie Ronald Reagan. The far-right has a new national hero, ...103 comments 59 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.