Posting History for poliwrangler
|US Postal Service scores big
With me at least. So I had a package I needed to get to someone located about 150 miles away. Happened to be near a Fedex dropoff and stopped in. $45 for overnight, $26 for second day. Hm, ouch.
|Wisconsin at the top of the Rec List
This is a short diary, really no more than a comment. And I see that the kosmunity is already on top of it but it bears gravitas that we all need to be tipping and rec'ing any and all WI diaries at ...
|Hubble - wow
Just saw Hubble at the Omnimax within the Science Museum in St. Paul, MN. Very cool. It made so crystal clear how fragile life is on this planet and how much we don't know. It's like we're still ...
|Letters to the Editor Campaign - Go Offense!
Think globally act locally, best defense is a good offense, and all that. I personally am a bit tired of viewing the latest outrage of anything right-wing. It's overwhelming to the point of being ...
|WH no PO, it's a good thing
So here's my logic. The WH needs to appear bipartisan since the country in some ways wants that. Yes, I know that's in an ideal world but will probably never happen - still, the prez is implicitly ...
|We need to focus, we need a point person,
we need to take all this energy that is going this way and that and harness it. Make it productive. There is hand-wringing, anger, enthusiasm, brilliant thoughts and comments by so many here on ...
|Okay, you've been burned before
and you don't want this to turn into another "Lucy pulls the football away just before Charlie Brown kicks it" moment. But here's the thing. We elected people to represent us. I'm fortunate that ...
|OFA wants me to send a card for Sens. Klobuchar and Franken...
This is what I received just today from OFA: This year, when you're writing holiday cards to your friends and loved ones, there are two more people who need to hear from you: Senator Al ...
|Redstate censors speech
So I was browsing through redstate and thinking I could easily enter into conversation with the locals there. I read a number of articles and found one that was trying to use facts to make a claim.
|Health Care - make it a contest
So I've been probing into the den of the other (free market)side regarding health care, health insurance, how to pay for it, etc. And an interesting thought came up. One I hadn't heard proposed or ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by poliwrangler
- There's an outside chance at real political change in Texas soon, not at the hands of the growing Latino population there. It could come from a much more powerful, and deep-pocketed source: ...66 comments 166 Recs
- Come let us fart around and celebrate our anywhere Saints. We may not win our quest for a new day in American politics and in our world. In fact, by experience we have learned that we probably won't.29 comments 84 Recs
- I have written often that the only way we stop the killing of workers and the widespread thievery of billions of dollars is to put executives in jail. Fines are complete nonsense and a cost of doing ...39 comments 180 Recs
- Enough already! Can we PLEASE withhold all the kibitzing about whether Bernie can win or not, whether he really means to win or not, whether it hurts Hillary or not. My God, the GOP has over 20 ...192 comments 214 Recs
- This is my first diary, and 2016 will be the first year I can cast a vote for an American president, after legally residing in the country for 18 years. I am deeply disappointed that I will, most ...324 comments 255 Recs
- Why spend your Saturday chillaxin' with a cuppa coffee and the border collie, when you can instead drive a mere four hours to Ames, Iowa to listen the man who AT A MINIMUM will ultimately shape the ...103 comments 217 Recs
- Her name was Brandi Nicole Stanley. Please remember her. She lost her battle with cancer the evening of Memorial Day, last Monday. I was with her, holding her hand, as I had promised. Brandi,191 comments 515 Recs
- No current results.