Below you'll find recent contributions related to pone's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|The Easter Rising, 1916, Part I
On Easter Monday morning, April 24, 1916, hundreds of men and women arrived at Liberty Hall, Dublin, many by bicycle, ready to fight for their independence from England. They came from the Irish ...
|Police Privilege Gone Wild
[The City Manager] has failed to rein in a police department that needs careful oversight and control. His administration’s shell game with a report on the fatal shooting by police of Kendrec ...
Recommended by pone
- There's plenty of places to commiserate about our losses, but I'm throwing this up here to have a dispassionate examination of why we lost so many races tonight, how we can avoid it in the future, ...8 comments 4 Recs
- Every day, I visit my mother in a dementia special care unit at dinnertime. She has Lewy body dementia, and her executive function is toast. She has lost, for the most part, the ability to feed ...88 comments 313 Recs
- There was a time when I respected and admired Maureen Dowd as a smart, edgy political commentator; however that time is in the really distant past. It's been quite a while since she traded in her ...47 comments 8 Recs
- Tammy Baldwin, the Right's latest monster. This is what desperation on the Right stinks like. Here's the Washington Times ,124 comments 80 Recs
- UPDATE UP HERE: I need to clarify something that's created controversy below. I recognize that they clearly did interview some people (and in the case of region, perhaps a decent amount of them) ...281 comments 291 Recs
- We've got a classic American humorist in our midst, providing thought-provoking laughter every day. How rare is that? Well, I invite you to name a few of his caliber in the comments (you won't come ...52 comments 130 Recs
- This diary was originally published in the March 15, 2012 Pasadena Weekly (Pasadena, CA).5 comments 8 Recs
- While Rush Limbaugh has offered his fake apology to Sandra Fluke for calling her a slut and a whore, it's important to recall each of the 52 times last week when Rush insulted Fluke. So I've ...155 comments 355 Recs
- As a general rule, I have not paid any attention to Rush Limbaugh in over a decade or two. I don’t listen to talk radio, liberal or conservative. I do not watch talking heads on television. I ...11 comments 10 Recs
- I was listening to the car radio when I heard the news. John Kennedy was dead--shot by an assassin as he rode through the streets of Dallas. Almost fifty years have passed since that November ...8 comments 17 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.