Posting History for potaroo
|“Death Duties” in Downton Abbey and What does Mary Own? (No spoilers after Season 4, Episode 2)
As a lawyer more interested in the theoretical side of the law, I have been strangely fascinated with the legal questions raised by Downton Abbey. There are a few good sites I have found that ...
|What its all about: Impeachment!
Yes, the GOP is attempting a coup, exploiting in extortion and all the things pointed out in many diaries. But the real question is why? The actions are harming their electoral chances, hurting ...
|Why Social Security? Why now?
In all the excellent commentary on the threatened cuts to social security, one issue hasn't been clearly addressed: why the obsession with social security as important to balancing the budget and ...
|The fiscal cliff endgame has begun - we need President Obama and Senator Reid to hold strong
It is now clear what the Republican strategy is - and I am afraid they will win. The news is all about how the House is not in session and nothing is being done. But this is part of a strategy to ...
|House Just Passed their "bill to cut spending"
According to the live feed from Thomas.gov, at 6:40:12 P.M. the House passed H.R. 6684 (On passage Passed by the Yeas and Nays: (Roll no. 644)). The roll call is not available yet. This is part of ...
|It's not evil (or aspergers) - It's called schizophrenia
Note: I realize this is speculation and that it is highly inappropriate to diagnose a mental illness based on media reports. But since many are doing this already and they are causing harm with poor ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by potaroo
- “Exploited without regard to their tender years, countless youngsters were working under conditions constantly fraught with danger to life and limb…The blight of child labor was widely prevalent,114 comments 71 Recs
- Many of you of you may have heard that Christians have had their freedom trampled upon - again - because AZ Governor Brewer vetoed a bill that would have legalized the ability to discriminate a ...211 comments 381 Recs
- About a year ago, Daily Kos began running cartoons. To their credit, they paid a modest fee for them. Many alternative political cartoonists were invited; I was not. At the time, the owner of the ...1189 comments 173 Recs
- Hours before the U.S. government would have gone into default, the Republican-8 comments 10 Recs
- Once there was a plucky young lad who was born in Canada. Steeped in the gentle traditions of our friendly neighbor to the north, he wanted to bestow upon his adopted homeland the benefits of the ...65 comments 79 Recs
- That old boiling frogs metaphor has never been so apt. The slow, steady and relentless erosion of civil rights, political sanity and social justice never ceases. It's alarming to me that even those ...387 comments 311 Recs
- Yesterday on Google Plus someone in my feed linked to an article about "why people distrust science." I can't find the link or I'd post it here, but I remember thinking it was missing the real ...250 comments 60 Recs
- Did Gerrymandering Cost Dems the House? A 34-State Look at Alternative Nonpartisan Maps Suggests Yes*Update 1* - I have added Connecticut and changed the maps for Louisiana, Michigan, New Jersey, and the national maps. *Update 2* - I have improved the Illinois map with significant ...161 comments 139 Recs
- I have discovered a conservative/Ayn Rand type blog post about the Baker's Union and the reasoning for the strike. "Did the Baker's Union Go Galt?" by Peter Ingemi, a right wing radio host, actually ...54 comments 174 Recs
- 133 comments 79 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.