Posting History for prgsvmama26
|Issa and the "little boy"
I am on hold with Issa's committee office. As soon as I started to express my disgust at Issa referrring to Elijah Cummings, storied champion of Civil Rights and amazing Democratic Representative ...
|Why young people in mental health crisis need ALL of us.
A very good friend of mine gave me permission to share this. This friend works with mentally ill youth. I think the words are beautiful, but also informed. I share it with you now and ask you to ...
My vote probably won't matter, but I voted in my solidly blue not swing state. I stayed in a cold and windy line for over 1.5 hours because I worry that power outages could affect turnout.
So I am a progressive who also does support the 2nd Amendment. My kids belong to an organization that provides excellent training and competition opportunities in shooting sports. We had a recent ...
|"all you people"
I haven't written a diary in a while so go easy on me here, but I just really lost it when I heard what Ann Romney said about giving "all you people need to know" about their finances. The ...
|Some days I wish we could talk about the Middle East and not tiptoe around Israeli interests
I am darn tired of Israel influencing the setting of US policy to the detriment of our interests and their lobbyists buying our legislators. America was nearly broken by the two wars we are still ...
|Is Barack Obama Making Good Choices Mama?
Out of the mouth of babes...as the saying goes. My sweet little six year old has always been more aware of adult things than one would expect of her at her age. She also pops out with some ...
|Why never a woman?
So I just read that Pres. Obama's second lousy choice of Chief of Staff, is leaving abruptly and being replaced by his budget chief Jack Lew. Now really, I am ever so tired of this parade of men.
|So I missed Guy Fawkes Day...but better late than never!
I have been livid about the financial industry and the destruction of our nation's middle class by the greedy class. I have lost sleep over it. I have experienced it first hand. My home is not ...
|The new "caves" meme
President Obama is in trouble. Really, he is in trouble. I am just an ordinary progressive mama. I work, I take care of my kids, I have a lot of Democratic friends. What I now see in most ...
|Help Daily Kos I am desperate, my husband needs a job!
Lots of folks have networked here and found help. We need help. We have a rather large family and my husband has had two extended unemployment periods (six months each and current one stretching ...
|Markos - Maybe stop the Hate Mail front page polls?
This is probably a too short diary that will bring out the diary police, but this shooting in AZ has really hit me in a big way. I have children around the age of this child. Politically interested ...
|Today is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day
October 15th is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I lost a baby five years ago. The same month a friend of mine lost her baby and a student of mine (I teach childbirth and work ...
|Two weeks ago we had no insurance and a child with a preexisting condition
I have tried to stay away from the healthcare reform shenanigans for the last few weeks. I would call my reps in Congress every couple days and check in with Rachel Maddow, but other than that my ...
|Why you should help pass the Breastfeeding Promotion Act
Rep. Carolyn Maloney is going to reintroduce the Breastfeeding Promotion Act to Congress in June. With a change in leadership in both Houses and a White House that is attuned to work/life balance ...
|If it sounds too scary to be true, it just might be true
For weeks now I have watched as Scared Human has been posting about Monsanto intimidation tactics and methods regarding seed cleaners in the midwest. And though his writing style is not the one I ...
|Democrats begin to live down to their reputation
What on earth is wrong with Congressional Democratic incumbents? Barack Obama is not yet even installed in office and already they are doing exactly what they did the last time a Democratic ...
|Here is what you won't see happen to Bobby Jindal
You sure do hear a lot of talk about Bobby Jindal. And of course he has already started the obligatory pilgrimages to Iowa. So we can be pretty sure that in 2012 or 2016 he will be a primary ...
|They don't have game (or class).
I am not worried about Obama/Biden securing victory. I could see it today in my Maryland local office. There was an early morning email and schedule for the next few days GOTV activities as well ...
|Halloween GOTV -fun!
Halloween is big in my house. Five of my children have been planning and making their costumes for weeks. My husband wants to buy the cheap candy no one will eat for giving out. I argue for the ...
|Contempt and a senator
I watched the debate twice. And as it struck many others, I was stunned by the inability of John McCain to look at his opponent and his sneering, contemptuous looks while he spoke. And then I ...
|McCain won't get my son--the draft - w/ poll
I have one son. He is a delightful and bright boy. He is a good big brother to his four living sisters. He was huge comfort to my husband and I when we lost his fifth sister a few years ago. ...
|The United States is evil!
Provocative title, yes, but completely deserved. Today on HuffPost is an article about the detention and torture of a 16 year old CHILD. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/07/15/gitmo-...
|Plant a 21st century Victory Garden
My children and I are in our second year of gardening. We have a smaller yard so we used www.squarefootgardening.com plan. It's a 4H project, but it is also a way of trying to continue to refine ...
|Michigan party foul
I knew they would try it, but it still amazes me. The Michigan state party is proposing a 69C-59O delegate split. http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/04/...
|Housing Crisis hits home
I sold a house 1/2 years ago right when the market was starting to soften and look scary. My husband wanted to wait and I forced the issue (yes, Dear, you owe me an apology for all the arguments we ...
|California home school case: Assumptions are wrong!
The California ruling is a shocking new development. But what amazed me is to see so many people on the internet disingenuously claiming that all sorts of dire consequences from homeschooling are ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by prgsvmama26
- Hi, this will be one of those long rambling personal stories. I have a new job in retirement, to make some extra cash to supplement that Social Security. It's also one of the most interesting and ...78 comments 220 Recs
- It has been widely reported that I recognized, several months before the martial law scenes from Ferguson, Missouri, how problematic it is to put military weapons and equipment in the hands of ...43 comments 194 Recs
- Sometimes you just have to smile at karma . In Pittsburgh , women have been experiencing sexual assaults along a popular jogging trail. This week, a man tried to pull down the shorts of a US ...87 comments 264 Recs
- It's a bizarre case. A middle school teacher writes a couple not so great novels and self publishes them under a pen name, K. Voltaer. This teacher was arrested and sent for a mental health exam and ...215 comments 450 Recs
- I go to school on a plantation. I wish this was a metaphor or some creative ...55 comments 86 Recs
- Michael Peroutka, winner of the Republican primary for a county council seat in Anne Arundel County, ...377 comments 268 Recs
- "I didn't know who he was." "I went to something else that was scheduled at the same time." "I am not interested in anything a minister has to say." I heard a long list of reasons why people ...223 comments 191 Recs
- This is worth watching. In case you missed it, today is the famous Fancy Farm Picnic in western Kentucky. It's a mandatory appearance for any statewide politician in Kentucky from either party. ...305 comments 557 Recs
- Yeah.... we're not going to his ...970 comments 676 Recs
- I haven't published a diary in years. Mainly because I do most of my browsing on Mobile Platforms nowadays. However, I've lurked and read for most of that time. Sometimes I stop reading for a month ...328 comments 495 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.