|Abolish the Death Penalty
Committed to Abolition of the Death Penalty in the United States and Around the World.
|Barriers and Bridges
Created to facilitate conversations about race and racism. We invite people to share their personal experiences and perspectives. We will also be providing links to interesting articles and teaching tools. We plan to republish relevant posts from other groups and writers at Daily Kos.
|Black Kos community
Black Kos community group. This group publishes diaries that cover a broad range of topics including black history, the arts, politics, and the culture of peoples of African descent worldwide.
To best serve the development of all our young people, we need to move away from our one-size-fits-all education system (based on the 19th Century industrial model) to a new approach that encourages and facilitates many profoundly different educational paths, including learning within and outside of schools.
This group will highlight election based posts; focusing on campaigns, candidates, get out the vote efforts, outside groups that influence elections, election law, advertising and what have you.
|Haiti Book Diary
Haiti Book Diary
|HIV AIDS Action
HIV/AIDS is a global pandemic that cuts across lines of class, race, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity and age. This group will cover issues of activism, treatment, transmission, research, education and funding. The AIDS pandemic is not going away. Infections are increasing world wide. Join us in the fight!
|Moose On The Loose
Moose On The Loose is a Group formed to share both diaries and recommendations by Moose and Friends of the Moose. A place to display and share diaries on dKos. Sort of like Mom's refrigerator for Moose and Friends. The views presented will be as varied as the members of the group and no single view should be attributed to the group as a whole.
|Muslims at Daily Kos
Group for muslims on Daily Kos (but not limited to muslims - anyone is welcome to join or follow) for discussion of Islam and other muslim issues
|Nuclear Free DK
Nuclear Free DK is a group dedicated to promoting activism, education, conversation, and information about the world's reliance on nuclear power. ~Remember, if you're a group member, to also click the "follow" heart or else you may not have Nuclear Free DK diaries (including your own) show up in your stream.
This group will be the home base for Daily Kos members in and around Philadelphia. This group will primarily be used to organize and report on events and meet-ups that we hold (similar to the New York City group), but it can also be used as a platform for other items in and around Philadelphia (news, politics, recreation, arts & entertainment, etc.).
A jotterville community where all are welcome. Offering friendship and support where discussions are light on politics and meta. A place to share ideas, perspectives, attitudes, memes, images of popular culture and history.
Progressives who believe that the hippies got it right back in the day and today. We have a Facebook presence. Here's the URL to our Facebook group: facebook.com/groups/progressivehippies/ And here's the URL to our Facebook community page: facebook.com/pages/Progressive-Hippies/341828275978781
|Slavery in the United States - History
This purpose of this group is to review the historical record without revisionism about the inhumane institution of Slavery in the United States.
|White Privilege Working Group
A group for anti-racist activists interested in discussing and producing learning materials about white privilege.
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by princss6
- Anyone who holds any interest in the outcome of the Pennsylvania Gubernatorial Primary, or who owns a television in the Philadelphia media market has probably seen “the ad”. The Rob McCord ...40 comments 8 Recs
- We live in the United States of America. The nation that killed protesters at Jackson and Kent State Universities. The nation that executed Fred Hampton in his bed, without so much as a warrant. ...516 comments 179 Recs
- First Lady Michelle Obama Here we go again. Yet another chance for right-wing racists to gin-up a teapot tempest around our first lady, Michelle Obama. In case you haven't noticed, and have been ...847 comments 337 Recs
- Or maybe not. I haven't spent much time here lately, so no one is likely to miss me, but I could not stay here and continue reading and posting in good conscience knowing what a hostile environment ...2 comments 23 Recs
- A quick note about why I'm participating in the boycott. Community is important, but as far as websites go no particular site is particularly important if the goal is to actually get things done. ...1 comments 15 Recs
- I'm signing off for a week.2 comments 10 Recs
- Other's have done a far better job than I will probably do to express the reason and their reasons for this boycott. Racism has been tolerated on this site for years and people who have sought to ...9 comments 28 Recs
- It is no secret that dKos has being undergoing a period of turbulence. I've hung around here for a long time, and though I can assure people that these tensions go a long way back, they seem to have ...2 comments 20 Recs
- After watching my DK friends struggle in frustration for weeks since MB left, fighting for what they believe is right, at times almost begging for moderation and direction only to to banned or have ...5 comments 20 Recs
- Yeah, so I'm not one of your big, well-known Daily Kos diarists or anything. In Firefly speak, "I'm known by some." So I'm just one more voice, not the loudest, not the quietest, adding to the one-...8 comments 22 Recs
- 48hrsforAfrica (2)
- ADD (35)
- Africa (1729)
- African famine (2)
- African-American Women (27)
- African-Americans (456)
- AIDS (1491)
- American Indians (1436)
- Antiracism (26)
- Arab Spring (719)
- Black Kos (3643)
- black members of congress (1)
- black women (43)
- Blacks (401)
- Brazil (690)
- Chile (461)
- Civil Rights (40945)
- Civil Rights Movement (238)
- Colombia (446)
- color-blind racism (8)
- No current results.