Posting History for psychicpanda
|Examining the White Vote pt. 1, North Carolina
There's a lot of talk about how Democrats garnered record support among racial and ethnic minorities in the 2012 Presidential election, but not as much about how strongly white voters supported ...
|A Fair Redistricted America, Part 1/4: Alabama to Massachusetts
I've been reading a lot of diaries lately about the damage the Republican gerrymanders of 2010 have done to Democrats' chance of winning the House of Representatives - including this good one today,
|SC-Gov: Nikki Haley's problems
South Carolina politics has not been covered much thanks to wall to wall reporting of the presidential election and other 2012 races, but there have been some very interesting things happening ...
|Which county had the biggest shift towards Obama from 2008 to 2012? The answer might surprise you.
Along the 500 mile highway from Fairbanks, across the arctic circle, to Alaska's northern shore at Deadhorse in the North Slope Borough. Maybe the loneliest road in the America. The largest ...
|218 is within reach (Seriously)
NOTE: Sorry about the blotchy pictures. I haven't posted a diary in awhile and forgot what kind of file to save the pictures as in Paint... I think the consensus this cycle has been, if Obama ...
|Florida Democratic Gerrymander using FRA
This is how a Florida map might look if Democrats were able to draw it, using the fair redistricting amendment. In a way, this map is actually perfectly fair for Florida. It creates 14 likely ...
|North Carolina 10D-3R Gerrymander
North Carolina Republicans have released a map that makes 10 Republican Districts and 3 Democratic Districts. This is a reverse of that, a fantasy map of course, which forms 10 Democratic Districts ...
|9-5 Georgia Dem Map (VRA Compliant)
This is probably the best gerrymander Georgia Democrats could hypothetically get. It doesn't overrepresent minorities like the early 2000s map did. It's a possible 9-3 map, but not ...
|Virginia 9-2 GOP Map
Unlike North Carolina, in which Democrats are very much favored on the congressional level - it's almost impossible to draw a map which really favors Democrats in Virginia. Almost every Republican ...
|North Carolina 9-4 D (5 liberal democrats)
With this map, North Carolina would likely gain one liberal democrat and one center-left democrat, bringing the delegation to 9 Democrats and only 4 Republicans. All racial data VAP.
|Florida VRA Districts?
I was wondering about minority districts in Florida and what the rules are - There are two African American majority districts, both in Miami. One, near downtown Miami is doable, but the other ...
|Tennessee w/ 4 Obama Districts
This, of course, is a fantasy map - since Republicans control every level of Tennessee's government right now. I probably could've made a map that elects 5 or 6 Democrats but there would be a lot ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by psychicpanda
- The Sad, sordid tale of Gerrymandering in Pennsylvania I am running for Congress in Pennsylvania. It is a hard-fought, competitive race. The voters have a real choice. Things are working exactly ...55 comments 112 Recs
- Everyone as Daily Kos Elections knows that I've utilized Dave's App a good number of times to butcher my great state into a a bunch of beautiful Elgin BBQ sausages and barbacoa-lite fajita strips. ...37 comments 21 Recs
- Sometimes it's hard keeping track of all the various conservative factions, so I made this: Glad I could help!219 comments 305 Recs
- By now you've probably heard that last November, American voters chose to give Democrats control of the presidency and both chambers of congress in this past election. Wait, both chambers? No, ...149 comments 369 Recs
- State Senator and 2010 Gubernatorial Candidate, Vincent Sheheen (D) was the big guest at a Irmo Democrats monthly meeting and Sheheen drew a pretty big crowd: http://irmo.patch.com/articles/...9 comments 15 Recs
- 86 comments 67 Recs
- As many political junkies, Democrats, and liberal activists are well aware, Democrats won the popular vote for the House of Resentatives in this year's election, but thanks to gerrymandering only ...17 comments 11 Recs
- Sen. Daniel Inouye died at 88 years old Monday afternoon. Inouye had been hospitalized with respiratory issues.215 comments 117 Recs
- Could Vincent Sheheen beat Nikki Haley? While all eyes are on GOP Gov. Nikki Haley as she chooses a replacement for resigning Sen. Jim DeMint, don't forget that she has a re-election battle of her ...48 comments 25 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.