Posting History for puffmeister
|Public Pressure on NY Times works - After ACORN folds
Well the New York times has finally corrected the record on ACORN. This is both a testament to the power of public pressure on the side of rightiousness, to force a large newspaper ...
|FLA Senate race: Marco Rubio's BACKWAX & other Bona Fide "Electioneering" Expenses
Writing this not as a fan of Crist but as a good laugh at an incredibly conservative and arrogant young Republican whom I believe has his eye on the White House. News reports have been listing ...
|Obama and Judicial Appointments: US wants a President who can do More than One Thing At A Time
I remember clearly the day that candidate Obama made the brilliant statement that I paraphrase in my title: America wants a President who can Do More than One Thing At A Time . He ...
|Open Government under Obama vs Redacted Mine Spill Reports...
I was particularly cheered to hear our President elect speak of the new openness in government that would arise under his stewardship. This is not a diary about the newest claim of State Secrets in ...
|NJ - more Bush-style pay-to-play dirt by Christie emerges
When Chris Christie was appointed by Bush II, the legal community was disgusted that someone with this utter lack of law enforcement experience would be appointed. It was an insult to the ...
|Snowe's Conference Seat (!) + Unregulated Ins Exchanges=Disaster
Three stories - one new story with bad news at Wash Post and two others at TNR, are the topic of this diary. the new story is what Snowe got for her vote. Ezra Klein over at WaPo ...
|Reps Harman,Sanchez on Their Break with Blue Dogs over Public Option
Missed in all the hoopla today was an interesting Blog entry over at the Hill. Co-authoried by Representatives Loretta Sanchez and Jane Harman - big time Members of the House Blue Dog caucus, these ...
|Please vote in WashPost "poll" on Obama Nobel
This will be short, folks. The same MSM that would not leave our President alone since LAST September - pushing Obama to make appointments early, to ...
|Jerrold Nadler: Spec Prosecutor's Ambit is Too Narrow
Congressman Jerrold Nadler was just interviewed on the Ed Show, and gave an outstanding and concise explanation of the broad parameters the the Special Prosecutor should have in investigating torture.
|Who's Who in CA: a primer on CASH vs IOUs
Last week, diarist Eugene wrote a great diary on "arnoldbucks"; I wish I could say that arnold and the state legislature were as ...
|Obama’s Hyped Ratings Agency Reform Falls Through The Cracks
Well, finally even the Wall Street Journal has noticed it - Obama has caved to one of Wall Street lobbyists' most ardent wet dreams. Headlined A Triple-A Punt - Treasury's reform plan ...
|Internal War in Admin on Bank Regulation- diary #3
ON June 8 and again on June 9, I diaried here regarding what was clearly [to me, based on my research] turning into an internal war within the Obama administration on regulatory governance. These to ...
|Geithner's 'Worst Case Scenario' for Stress Test FAILS US -it's Warren & Bair versus Geithner now
Yesterday I posted a diary that very few folks read - noting that Secr Tim Geithner ...
|Geithner's regulatory merger - the risk of lax regulation
Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner– having succeeded in forcing Paul Volker to the sidelines of Obama's ‘team of rivals’ and empowering himself and Larry Summers as the go-to guys on ...
|Obama's Science Appointees-More pressure needed
With kudos to both climate science watch and Tax ...
|My cowardly Senator won't admit to hold on Climate Change Experts
My Senator, Senator Menendez, is a coward. There, I've said it. I know this because I have worked in Congress. When a "spokesman" tells those inquiring about his leaked anonymous hold - via Email ...
|Please boycott/telephone Hersheys over Move to Mexico-UPDATED
Unsettling news yesterday, that Hersheys of Reading PA is the latest to preserve profits at the expense of struggling workers by closing a US plant and moving production to Mexico. Please forgive ...
|Breathtaking indicator of how lucky we are in President-Elect Obama
For those interested in the environmental and other tragedies foisted upon us over the last eight years, and that the current occupant is hurrying to entrench in his final days - know that hope lies ...
|Far from a swing state? Help stop smears on ACORN & Obama
I live too far from a swing state to feel effective. But if you - as I do with the state of Missouri - have any past association with any of the swing states including, in addition to Missouri, ...
|McCain's "45 nuclear plants" vs reality: DOE loses Nuclear Waste lawsuit
Not only has at least one commentator pointed out the blatant lack of economic forethought ...
|McCain Q&A on TV -that says it all [VIDEO link]
A local TV reporter in Portland Maine who would neither give up nor get side-tracked when interviewing John McCain has done more than most national TV journalists have ever managed in such ...
|The Palin interview & Gibson’s "middle class"= $200k/year
Just a reminder to those watching ABC’s Gibson interview of Palin, that Gibson was almost laughed off the stage at the ABC Facebook debate among Democrats for announcing that middleclass ...
|Palin's 2006 views on earmarks: Change methods to get dollars "Alaska Deserves"
The following link - to a 2006 set of remarks on transportation dollars given by Governor Palin - was listed in the Anchorage Daily News [viewed in pdf format on the “newseum” – a ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by puffmeister
- In his most recent blog post, Robert Reich writes of " The Big Economic Story, and Why Obama Isn’t Telling It ". He asks: "What’s ...520 comments 645 Recs
- Those Kossacks of a certain age will remember the TV drama Dallas and the arch-capitalist JR Ewing, whom everyone loved to hate. The actor who played JR, Larry Hagman, now 79, is traveling ...137 comments 336 Recs
- Here we are all sitting idly by watching the greatest hijacking of wealth the western world has ever seen, and what are we doing about it? Well apart from politicians running around like headless ...594 comments 627 Recs
- I was literally moved by this commercial - I saw it this morning on CNN and was riveted, waiting to find out what the commercial was for. The ad, plus brief commentary, is over the fold.203 comments 327 Recs
- Here's a letter to the editor submitted to my local newspaper today, in case anyone is interested (For those who may think it's "too early" to start holding Republicans accountable, since they haven'...150 comments 434 Recs
- It turns out the Elizabeth Warren has already taken front stage in the fight to protect this country from the new age robber barrons. It was she who convinced Obama to veto the egregious speedy ...169 comments 464 Recs
- The climate change news for this week is generally depressing because there is more evidence of the enormity of impacts that are not being addressed. President Obama and Congress are being held ...111 comments 305 Recs
- Dems in Congress are debating same issue we are. Democrats in Congress worry that Obama ...103 comments 29 Recs
- It was 1939 and HUAC (House Un-American Activities Committee) was holding a hearing into communist activities of the ...34 comments 30 Recs
- I don’t understand why anyone believes the popular myths about Thanksgiving. The truth is our Puritan forefathers were a humorless bunch who showed their gratitude by going hungry - fasting. ...7 comments 4 Recs
- No current results.