Below you'll find recent contributions related to r fisher's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|The function of criticism
It's just amazing how much criticism of elite Republicans goes on here at DailyKos.com! So what does all of this criticism say about elite Republicans? They play us for suckers , they wage war on ...
|Bureaucracies out of control
It's long after Herbert Marcuse warned us of technocracy in his classic (1964) One-Dimensional Man . You know, that part (page 32 if you want to look it up) in which Marcuse says "the capitalist ...
|Bill McKibben on Obama and Shell Oil
Yeah, I know, maybe if I'm very lucky this will generate another Rox/ Sux piefight, just like this diary has generated one today about Hillary Clinton. I think of those piefights as opportunities --
Recommended by r fisher
- Presented without commentary… (h/t to Mark Thoma at [http://economistsview.typepad.com Economist’s View], and Yves Smith at [http://www.nakedcapitalism.com Naked Capitalism])357 comments 435 Recs
- I've taken heat for saying this before and I probably will again. Yes, I know, John McCain was shot down, captured, held as a prisoner of war and tortured. For that he's been held out as a hero and ...280 comments 350 Recs
- For all of the numbers and statistics and poll charts we've seen, this might be the most important number of this election. 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683) Write it on your hand in Sharpie so it's ...69 comments 201 Recs
- John McCain went on Brian Kilmeade's radio show this morning to shake his angry fist like he was yelling at a ...220 comments 303 Recs
- It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything. -Stalin Does anybody know or care that Mitt ...246 comments 378 Recs
- Horrible right ?: They interviewed 430 adult Americans and asked: Regardless of which candidate you happen to support, who do you think did the best job in the debate -- Barack Obama or Mitt Romney?53 comments 70 Recs
- One of the many strikes against Mitt Romney's candidacy has been a regular drumbeat of complaint by movement conservatives like Redstate's Erick Erickson that Romney isn't sufficiently ideologically ...115 comments 377 Recs
- Had lunch with a good friend, who can be described as... a MostlyRepublican. He voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004. May have voted for Obama in 2008, but only because he thought Sarah Palin was such ...211 comments 740 Recs
- You've likely heard of a new "documentary" film called "2016: Obama's America." The film is the brainchild of right-wing culture warrior Dinesh D'Souza . Last week it was the #9 movie in the country,243 comments 397 Recs
- Hi there. I'm new here, but have read DK for several years, and this is - ta da! - my first diary. In order to properly introduce myself, I have to explain why I'm a Ben Tre Republican. First, ...196 comments 421 Recs
r fisher's Tags
- No current results.
r fisher's Blogroll
- No current results.