|Barriers and Bridges
Created to facilitate conversations about race and racism. We invite people to share their personal experiences and perspectives. We will also be providing links to interesting articles and teaching tools. We plan to republish relevant posts from other groups and writers at Daily Kos.
|Black Kos community
Black Kos community group. This group publishes diaries that cover a broad range of topics including black history, the arts, politics, and the culture of peoples of African descent worldwide.
|ClassWarfare Newsletter: WallStreet VS Working Class Global Occupy movement
(THE WORKING CLASS OCCUPY MOVEMENT HAS MOVED BEYOND JUST WALL STREET)! Our group was Co founded by METEOR BLADES and DEMOCRATS RAMSHIELD. Meet our blog editors which are some of your favorate writers: teacherken,slinkerwink,X,Laurence Lewis,boatsie,LaFeminista,Eclectablog, MinistryOfTruth,xxdr zombiexx,Barbara Morrill,JekyllnHyde,Jake McIntyre, Eclectablog,Ojibwa,icebergslim,BruinKid,CityLightsLover,Mentatmark to name but a few. As members of the MOST PROLIFIC AND LARGEST GROUP AT THE DAILY KOS...
Cranky Users is a group for Kossacks who think DK4 is scary or weird or hard to figure out. We're gonna hold hands, help each other out, ask dumb questions, laugh ourselves silly, and make DK4 work for us. Join the group and/or favorite the tag.
|Elders of Zion
Who we are:
We are Jews, proud and unapologetic. We practice our faith the way we see fit, not the way antisemites, the ignorant, fundamentalists of all stripes, or others who would wish us ill would like to pretend we do. Some of us are very religiously observant, others are deeply secular; Jewish identity is highly salient for some of us and just one identity among many for others. But all of us here are progressive Jews. And although we recognize that there are many p...
Global expats membership is open to everyone. This site is ran by people with international interest that include immigration to the United States and the rest of the world. This site is ran primarily by current and former expats, (or those who are interested in international issues) for the benefit of the Kos community and as a service to our members. The international expat community residing abroad has a responsibility to tell the folks back home what their experience is living overseas unde...
|House of LIGHTS
House of LIGHTS (Loving Inspiration, Giving Hope To Survivors). A place for survivors of physical, sexual, psychological, and emotional abuse, assaults, and bullying. A place for the people who support them. A quiet place for all voices to be heard. A safe place where we can learn to educate, support, and protect our children and each other.
|Itzl Alert Network
The weather is brutal. If it's not murderously hot, it's freezing cold, or flooding. There are tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, blizzards. Power goes out, and suddenly you're cut off. Beyond that, some of us have disabilities or illnesses that we're dealing with alone. It would be nice to know someone has our back. The Itzl Alert Network is a community where we can meet potential buddies in our geographic areas to check in on us if we aren't reporting in here, to make sure we're OK, and if s...
|Jews For President Obama
Welcome to Jews for President Obama. We believe that President Obama has been a good president and is an outstanding friend to the Jewish People and to the State of Israel. Please join us in supporting the President's re-election this year.
A clubhouse for Kossacks from the Peach State (and all those interested in Georgia goings-on)
KosAbility is a Sunday 7pm eastkost/4pm leftkost volunteer diarist community of, by & for people living with disabilities, who love someone with a disability, or who want to know more about the issues.
Our use of "disability" includes temporary as well as permanent health/medical conditions, from small, gnawing problems to major, life-threatening ones. Our use of "love someone" extends to cherished members of other spec...
a support group to keep eyes and recs on the regular monday lineup of diaries on Kos from dawn to dusk.
Personal Storytellers is a group dedicated to learning more about fellow kossacks via the art of sharing personal stories. Every life is an adventure, and through sharing those adventures I hope to bring kossacks closer together.
|Readers and Book Lovers
Where readers, writers, bibliophiles, and lovers of all things literary find their favorite series and one-of-a-kind diaries, including "Bookflurries," "Write On!," and "What are you reading?" Plus newer series like "Books So Bad They're Good," "Books in My Life," (formerly "Books That Changed My Life"), "Monday Murder Mystery," "Contemporary Fiction Views," "LGBT Literature," and "Books Go Boom!" We hope you'll visit Readers & Book Lovers for the same reasons you get together with a friend -- ...
|World War II and Holocaust History Library
This is a historical group dedicated to the victims and families of the Second World War and the Holocaust. This historical group attempts to repay a debt with grateful remembrance through the publication of historical diaries. Therein creating a library of archive diaries, photographs and publicly available documents. This collection and publication is supervised by our blog editors, several of whom like myself are professional librarians. The purpose of this is to add value to the Kos communi...
Recommended by racheltracks
- Sara R, one of our beloved quilt sisters, has a birthday today. She, her sister winglion (Ann), their five cats and four chickens have much to celebrate on a daily basis, as Sara herself ...235 comments 144 Recs
- Okay, I need your help. My wife, Sylv Taylor, is bed-bound with Lupus and her laptop is the only link she has to the outside world. That laptop is also what she uses to create art, including ...25 comments 33 Recs
- Tuesday! As you can see by Itzl's concerned look, this group is for us to check in at to let people know we are alive, doing OK, and not affected by such things as heat, blizzards, floods, wild ...65 comments 16 Recs
- Today, my wife and I left Worcester, Mass. without the most precious asset we created for our country. Our daughter. She's 18 years old. She's gorgeous and smart: She's always the loudest ...76 comments 151 Recs
- We are caught between a Quagmire and a Cold War. Only this time, it may not be so Cold. This news is just about as bad as it gets with an overstretched military and everything DOWN at home ...122 comments 29 Recs
- UPDATE: We are closer now than ever! 92% Complete, only $400.00 to go! What do Aji, Kitsap River, rb137, Patriot Daily News Clearinghouse, Sara R and peregrine kate all have in common? ...36 comments 72 Recs
- The Atlanta kos meetup was a huge success. Quite a few showed up. eeff had to cancel at the last minute because of work demands. He was missed, as was Annrose and a few others. Sadly, racheltracks ...87 comments 90 Recs
- PLEASE, NEW VOLUNTEER DIARISTS ARE ABSOLUTELY NEEDED AND WELCOME! YOU DON"T HAVE TO BE PERFECT! PLEASE SIGN UP IN THE BUTT CAN . GUS (Gave Up Smoking) is a self-sustaining community support ...70 comments 7 Recs
- No one volunteered to host today, and all week I had planned to write a fill-in diary. I had just started working on it when the marathon bombing happened. Suddenly I was fielding phone calls ...34 comments 44 Recs
- There's recently been a spate of great diaries on Marx, so I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring and discuss some basic Marxist themes. Hopefully the scholarly Marxists won't come down too hard ...193 comments 148 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.